• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come tell a member that you appreciate them.

AJUMP23

I post for me!

rockyiv-drago-ifightforme.png
If He Dies Ivan Drago GIF

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt ... Found him to be pretty chill and a gamer after my own heart! He's been supportive when needs be and has actually calmed me down a couple times reminding me "this is the internet, bruv"

@jason10mm we often disagree but there's mutual respect there and he often tries to make me laugh to diffuse any tension. A play right out of my own "be chill" playbook.

@DeepEnigma we almost never agree on certain topics, especially when we had the pol forum but he's shown to be much better at thoughtful engagement than he used to now that there's not any more antagonism on the board.

Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage who's been a calm voice in some of these threads... And had brought much levity when folks try to make ish too serious.

I'm forgetting folks right now... Smh... In my defense, I'm in the ER with my daughter at the moment.
Sorry for being a dick to you on your birthday.

It is more couth to requisition birthday suit polaroids via private carrier pigeon.
My carrier pigeon receptacle is unimpeded gaf, dispatch thine nudes for my perusal.

Last edited:

A.Romero

I also appreciate the entire NEOGAF forum, I also appreciate you @March Climber , NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt @SlimeGooGoo , Punished Miku Punished Miku , @hybrid_birth , @Radical Dreamer , @Crayon , @Happosai , @Kuranghi , A.Romero A.Romero , Danjin44 Danjin44 I appreciate him a lot, even if he doesn't appreciate me :messenger_pensive::messenger_crying:.

But I'm a macho man :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

A man who love Kat...... I give you Raven.

Gracias carnal, yo también te aprecio.

I appreciate IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo for his efforts posting news and updating, VGEsoterica VGEsoterica for his amazing threads and bitbydeath bitbydeath for his relentless faith in Hassan.

VN1X

Banned
You absolute sloppy thundercunt... why the FUCK did you @ me?!!?

(I love you too Gymwolf, thanks for the mention uwu :lollipop_content:)

I've been on here for a bit but I'm only just starting to recognize the names/personas lol. Maybe I'm subconsciously afraid to connect with you gents because I might get banned for something silly and then all my cherished e-relationships will disappear like tears in the rain... like dis if u cri evertim

Guilty_AI

200.gif

rejected-stamp.gif

RE and Dead Space are 3rd person survival horror games.
Well, what you do in DUSK is essentially the same thing.
You shoot evil things in demonic looking levels while scaveging for resources like ammo, armor and life. The only differences is its in first person, a bit more fast paced, and with pure enviromental story telling, so no cutscenes or the like interrupting the pacing and atmosphere.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Well, what you do in DUSK is essentially the same thing.
You shoot evil things in demonic looking levels while scaveging for resources like ammo, armor and life. The only differences is its in first person, a bit more fast paced, and with pure enviromental story telling, so no cutscenes or the like interrupting the pacing and atmosphere.

I would say it’s has much more common with games like Doom more than RE or Dead Space.

Bartski

Gold Member
Not gonna make a long ass list of everyone I like to hang out with in threads, smashing that like button enough every day, you know I love you all.

But I'm also here for insane hot take reality checks and just totally different, alien perspectives so how about some posters that may not expect it?

I appreciate Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes and his mission to tear down single-player gaming, if one day I finally see the light and install Fortnite I hope you show me around.

Also wanna give a big shout-out to EverydayBeast EverydayBeast for epic mic drops and totally not being a robot, and my pony bro on team Jimbo Heimdall_Xtreme Heimdall_Xtreme :messenger_heart:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
i think i'll just update my list from when i made a similar thread a couple months back.

TintoConCasera TintoConCasera I'm convinced this guy is me from another dimension. Pretty much me and him agree on basically everything when it comes to games, not to mention that he isn't an asshole unlike quite a few posters on this forum. The profile picture is funny too.

01011001 The thread he made dunking on Halo Infinite is one of the best on the site and it's pretty much brimming with passion out of a guy who's extremely frusturated with the state of the franchise. Besides that though he's a very insightful and smart person and the threads he makes are usually pretty cool and have a great point more often than not.

kretos Never forget. =)

OOGABOOGA Also never forget. Yes, that Cloud thread was abysmal but they were a funny troll for the short time they lasted on the forum

thicc_girls_are_teh_best This isn't because of the profile pictures. The threads AND the posts they make have a LOT to read and while some people find that to be a bore, (just look at all the people who go "not reading all that" every time a thread with a post longer than 4 sentences appears) i fucking love it. More text to read means takes that are more nuanced than what 2 or 3 sentences can offer. Not only that, but the threads tend to be very well structured more often than not and don't feel like a pain to read. They feel like news articles more than forum threads. Also, they just feel like the voice of reason amidst all the chaos and hot takes of the board. When they make a post, it's something that i feel that not only me, but a majority of the board can on some level agree with.

ReBurn bender Comedy gold. Reburn especially is quite witty while also having some good points in a lot of his posts

EDMIX He seems quite optimistic in comparison to a large majority of the rest of the forum, he doesn't usually go off on "gaming is dying/dead" tangents like the rest do and tends to focus on the positive more often than not. It's not often you see a poster like this. Also, he was basically one of the few sane posters in the "When will western devs realize that femininity sells?" thread who didnt immediately go off dismissing every american developed game as propoganda or part of an agenda to make everything woke

GigaBowser People rip on his dumbass threads but MAN they can be funny sometimes. He is a troll and i have a soft spot for trolls, hence why i list Kretos and OOGABOOGA here. Plus some of his more recent threads arent nearly as egregious
AJUMP23 AJUMP23 I'm convinced this guy only has gold because he walks into a thread, proceeds to say the most random funny shit, and then leave like nothing happened
Edit: just saw your post, you meanie ;-;

remember_spinal His threads are pretty cool, I like them quite a bit.... that's mostly it lol

Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem I'm not a big Playstation guy myself but the dedication this guy has to the PS brand is insane, he must have a lot of love for it Plus unlike some other users around here he doesn't feel the need to constantly tear down Xbox every time they get a dub. There's a clear difference between this guy and a blatant fanboy like domines pizza. (RIP)

Danjin44 Danjin44 the tag isn't wrong, they're surprisingly nice and even if I'm not the biggest jrpg guy he's very knowledgeable and passionate which makes me kinda happy inside. kind of like edmix I guess
ProgenitorCastle don't think I forgot you, your threads are awesome. Kinda like TintoConCasera where we just seem to agree with a lot of the same things and we get along

Topher I always appreciated your neutral posts, the profile picture is very hot (I am a furry, lynch me if you desire) and you're a Georgia guy. and now i know you used to live in Alabama before hand. we relate even MORE now

Ghost of Caelid see you space cowboy.
yamaci17 the sheer amount of knowledge this guy has about hardware and PC gaming never fails to impress me, his posts are very long and in depth and go into every single detail. And I mean very long, this guy makes the average thicc_girls_are_teh_best post look like a Twitter post.
Plus, you were one of the few people in that "Get a pc if you hate 30fps so much" thread who actually understood that I was targeting the console players begging for 60fps patches or complaining about 30fps. Having someone actually understand where the hell I was coming from was very cathartic

Punished Miku Punished Miku One of the more reasonable green rats on the forum these days
EviLore just glad to have a mod around these crazy forums. And that includes all the other staff as well

Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping An extremely funny troll who also makes great points when he isn't making a green rat go mad

OverHeat OverHeat your enthusiasm and optimism for PC gaming is off the charts, you're like the polar opposite of rofif lol

anthony2690 anthony2690 can't forget you either for how nice you've been to me and many other members on the forum

Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage Obligatory. plus i missed you in the previous thread i made, and like others said you're a very pleasant and cool guy on the forum

Eddie-Griffin Eddie-Griffin while you do provide the most popular console war threads you also bring attention to a lot of new technology brewing that people could find a use for. and you're also kind of an (unintentionally) funny person too

VGEsoterica VGEsoterica easily one of my favorite guys on the forum. the threads you make have attention grabbing titles, well written, and bring attention to a lot of great obscure retro consoles and arcades. It's a joy to talk in your threads or see discussion in them

Guilty_AI Guilty_AI Nice to have at least ONE other person on the forum who loves doujin music and touhou

happy valentines.

Edit: ahh the post came out messy, its fixed now though

Last edited:
Like others have said, there are a ton of people on here that are great. The @ list would be too long, and I know I'd forget somebody. So many like-minded, chill, reasonable people on here.

Just know that if I reacted to your comment (and it wasn't the little "triggered" guy, although sometimes even then) that you made my day a little better and I appreciate you 💘 😻 💜

Guilty_AI

I would say it’s has much more common with games like Doom more than RE or Dead Space.
Games like Dead Space and RE (at least from 4 onwards) do have some of their foundation on the likes of DOOM after all, as i've said their gameplay loops are fairly similar (shoot things, look around the level for resources, repeast).

Though in the case of DUSK there's a ton more focus in the creepy atmosphere than the original or the new DOOMs, so it makes them more similar to the likes of RE and DS,

Danjin44

Danjin44 Danjin44

Has excellent taste in WAIFUs and games
BadHandyFly-size_restricted.gif

Games like Dead Space and RE (at least from 4 onwards) do have some of their foundation on the likes of DOOM after all, as i've said their gameplay loops are fairly similar (shoot things, look around the level for resources, repeast).

Though in the case of DUSK there's a ton more focus in the creepy atmosphere than the original or the new DOOMs, so it makes them more similar to the likes of RE and DS,
Fair, but I would say System Shock is type of FPS I’m much more willing to give it a chance since I also enjoyed Bioshock series which were heavily inspired by that game.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Fair, but I would say System Shock is type of FPS I’m much more willing to give it a chance since I also enjoyed Bioshock series which were heavily inspired by that game.
Not exactly an FPS since it leans more into RPG and immersive sims. Still a great game so by all means do try if you can.

Danjin44

Not exactly an FPS since it leans more into RPG and immersive sims. Still a great game so by all means do try if you can.
That’s thing I’m not much FPS guy, I play games like Cyberpunk or Bioshock because even they in first person they don't exactly play like FPS.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

That’s thing I’m not much FPS guy, I play games like Cyberpunk or Bioshock because even they in first person they don't exactly play like FPS.
I mean, but then comes the philosophical question of what exactly you consider to be "playing like a FPS".

What would you say is the difference between a game like Resident Evil 4 (or 2R) and DOOM 3 for example? They're extremely similar apart from the fact one is 1st person and the other is 3rd

Heck, even Half Life:

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Not gonna make a long ass list of everyone I like to hang out with in threads, smashing that like button enough every day, you know I love you all.

But I'm also here for insane hot take reality checks and just totally different, alien perspectives so how about some posters that may not expect it?

I appreciate Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes and his mission to tear down single-player gaming, if one day I finally see the light and install Fortnite I hope you show me around.

Also wanna give a big shout-out to EverydayBeast EverydayBeast for epic mic drops and totally not being a robot, and my pony bro on team Jimbo Heimdall_Xtreme Heimdall_Xtreme :messenger_heart:

Thanks a lot for mention me 🥺. Bartski Bartski

Top Bottom