• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

That's going to Luke as well.
Well shit
I meant both ofcourse, but both still are still meh to me.
That's upsetting, because Blue is legit good.
Isn't Penguin mostly put in Blackgate along with Black Mask etc?
Depends on how far they go with the Penguin gimmick. Technically Freeze should go into Blackgate as well, since he isn't insane either, but Arkham also acts as a general metahuman prison.

Are they not doing a Legacy renumbering for the X-titles then? If they are I must've missed it.
They are for Cable. Blue and Gold don't have a legacy to pull from (which means they'll probably get renamed), Astonishing is a twelve-issue series and then we're getting a new X-book out of that. Weapon X doesn't have a legacy to pull from, same with Old Man Logan and Jean Grey. I don't know if they're doing it with Iceman and All-New Wolverine. I know nothing about Gen X.

I meant
Joker
🙊
Still upsetting.

mreddie

Wasp has a lot of costumes and some off ones.

The fuck is this?

f29d1ce1e079c7c492f17e93cf4436ba.jpg

Wasp has a lot of costumes and some off ones.

The fuck is this?

f29d1ce1e079c7c492f17e93cf4436ba.jpg
I like that more than her awful green and purple monstrosity.
If the book doesn't right the course post Empire with the Wanda storyline, it's fucked.
Why would it? She's possessed by a cosmic elder god. What course is there to right?

Also I hate his characterization of Rogue. Maybe this was a good characterization ten years ago, but not anymore.

mreddie

I like that more than her awful green and purple monstrosity.

Oh the Secret Wars one. Ugh.

Why would it?

Also I hate his characterization of Rogue. Maybe this was a good characterization ten years ago, but not anymore.

I thought Zub wasn't the issue with Thunderbolts but it seems I was wrong. Again, Zub just came in for Empire but it seems he's giving a fuck about the team though.

Rogue trying to go solo seemed off though considering how vital she was during the Red Skull-Standoff arcs.

Oh the Secret Wars one. Ugh.

I thought Zub wasn't the issue with Thunderbolts but it seems I was wrong. Again, Zub just came in for Empire but it seems he's giving a fuck about the team though.

Rogue trying to go solo seemed off though considering how vital she was during the Red Skull-Standoff arcs.
Carey developed Rogue into a strong, confident, and competent leader, and Duggan carried that forward. And now she's second-guessing herself and wondering if she's fit to lead and take charge? Bolts and leaves her team on their own?

FUCKING WHY?

Did I fucking miss an issue of X-Men Blue? Who is Briar Raleigh and when did Jimmy get a costume?

WHAT'S HAPPENING?!

Briar was a major character in Bunn's Magneto. Her reintroduction in this issue was jarring even for me and I read most of that book.

The costume though, I have no idea. Definitely felt like there was a missing issue there

Briar was a major character in Bunn's Magneto. Her reintroduction in this issue was jarring even for me and I read most of that book.

The costume though, I have no idea. Definitely felt like there was a missing issue there

Aaaah good that he assumed we've read all of his works with no need to introduce a character at all then.

These Secret Empire tie-ins are worse than the CW2 ones, because at least CW2 didn't have a timeskip that just makes everything horrendously confusing.

"We all have secondary mutations that don't make sense regarding our power set." OH REALLY? THAT'S NICE.

Aaaah good that he assumed we've read all of his works with no need to introduce a character at all then.

It really is pretty bad, especially since (Magneto spoilers)
when I dropped the series, only a few issues before it ended, it felt like things were coming to a head between Magneto and Briar. So I suspect you needed to not just have read that book, but to have read the whole thing for her role in this book to have made sense.

I dunno though, maybe it didn't make sense to anyone

It really is pretty bad, especially since (Magneto spoilers)
when I dropped the series, only a few issues before it ended, it felt like things were coming to a head between Magneto and Briar. So I suspect you needed to not just have read that book, but to have read the whole thing for her role in this book to have made sense.

I dunno though, maybe it didn't make sense to anyone
It's bad storytelling.

Damn it Bunn you were gaining goodwill.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I've hated the concept of tie-ins ever since Gotham Central had that random issue where an alien was destroying New York and then everything goes back to normal in the next issue. You could totally tell they were forced to do a tie-in to whatever event was happening.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What Marvel series do you want to see collected in OHCs in the future?
For me, one of them is Magneto. I asking this because you reminded me that I wanted to read that book.

Also I have a question regarding X-Men Blue #8:

Is Emma going to rape Scott? Because that's the vibe I got off of that entire thing.

Like holy shit is that creepy and terrifying.

Sadist

So I finished the first Daredevil volume by Soule; it has some fantastic art and a nice story, but there are parts where I just felt something was missing. Like in the third issue, you're reading some thoughts by Matt and his thoughts on Tenfingers and the next page BAM you some random dudes getting powers. It was really strange and because of that the story doesn't flow. That's my only major gripe with it. Still enjoyed it. Because seriously, that art.

Btw, whats another great Daredevil story? I heard Brubakers run is great, but its out of print?

What? This just confirms that Emma is a monster.
It's hard to describe, but
the O5 are taken prisoner and Scott is put in a solo cell and Emma is using her powers to condition him while talking about her and Scott against the world and talking to him as if he were older Scott.

It's really uncomfortable.
So I finished the first Daredevil volume by Soule; it has some fantastic art and a nice story, but there are parts where I just felt something was missing. Like in the third issue, you're reading some thoughts by Matt and his thoughts on Tenfingers and the next page BAM you some random dudes getting powers. It was really strange and because of that the story doesn't flow. That's my only major gripe with it. Still enjoyed it. Because seriously, that art.

Btw, whats another great Daredevil story? I heard Brubakers run is great, but its out of print?
Bendis.

Top Bottom