• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

I need to re-read Hellboy. I did it in such spurts that I didn't understand half of what I was reading. Like tired as fuck, 5 AM on a hot summer day. Morning. Evening. Fuck I don't even know what time it is because as far as I'm concerned the sun didn't even go down. Just confused.

I associate Hellboy with that, but in a good way.

So I've carried on with my quest to read through Marvel comics using my brother's Marvel Unlimited sub. Started with Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest which were great, read that Thor God Butcher stuff which was really good too then decided to work through the big Marvel arcs of the last decade or so.

Civil War had its moments but wasn't great overall, I really enjoyed Planet Hulk and I just finished World War Hulk and was left thinking "What the fuck?"

My boy, after being stabbed in the back and shipped off to an alien planet, finally finds happiness only to have it torn away and he goes on the warpath. Cool, that's Hulk. That's what you expect.

So he fucks up Black Bolt, which is about as massive as "shit just got real" moments can possibly get. They have this whole buildup, you think that the arrogance of the Illuminati in believing their brains give them carte blanche to do what they like will finally come back to the haunt them. Shit is never going to be the same ever again, right?

Nah, it turns out it wasn't the fault of the Illuminati but some nameless, faceless aliens and Miek's reluctance to stop them. Because God forbid the good guys turn out to be responsible for the deaths of millions and have something on their conscience for a change? Bet New York will be completely rebuilt in a week's time and I am going to be so pissed off when it turns out that Black Bolt keeps a dozen lookalikes around just in case of assassination attempts, thus making the best panel of that arc completely meaningless just like the rest of it.

Am I missing something or was that whole arc a giant waste of time? Someone tell me future Marvel events get better. Please.

So I've carried on with my quest to read through Marvel comics using my brother's Marvel Unlimited sub. Started with Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest which were great, read that Thor God Butcher stuff which was really good too then decided to work through the big Marvel arcs of the last decade or so.

Civil War had its moments but wasn't great overall, I really enjoyed Planet Hulk and I just finished World War Hulk and was left thinking "What the fuck?"

My boy, after being stabbed in the back and shipped off to an alien planet, finally finds happiness only to have it torn away and he goes on the warpath. Cool, that's Hulk. That's what you expect.

So he fucks up Black Bolt, which is about as massive as "shit just got real" moments can possibly get. They have this whole buildup, you think that the arrogance of the Illuminati in believing their brains give them carte blanche to do what they like will finally come back to the haunt them. Shit is never going to be the same ever again, right?

Nah, it turns out it wasn't the fault of the Illuminati but some nameless, faceless aliens and Miek's reluctance to stop them. Because God forbid the good guys turn out to be responsible for the deaths of millions and have something on their conscience for a change? Bet New York will be completely rebuilt in a week's time and I am going to be so pissed off when it turns out that Black Bolt keeps a dozen lookalikes around just in case of assassination attempts, thus making the best panel of that arc completely meaningless just like the rest of it.

Am I missing something or was that whole arc a giant waste of time? Someone tell me future Marvel events get better. Please.

I have some bad news for you....

Except maybe Secret Wars, I don't think there's anything else.

I have some bad news for you....

Except maybe Secret Wars, I don't think there's anything else.

Godfuckingdammit.

It's annoying because there is some stuff lurking on the outskirts of all these events that is kinda good, like the X-Factor tie-ins but the earth based main events have been damp squibs so far.

I guess I'm better off sticking with Cosmic Marvel and the lesser known characters for the interesting storylines?

Godfuckingdammit.

It's annoying because there is some stuff lurking on the outskirts of all these events that is kinda good, like the X-Factor tie-ins but the earth based main events have been damp squibs so far.

I guess I'm better off sticking with Cosmic Marvel and the lesser known characters for the interesting storylines?

Give them a shot. You might end up liking them.

But in general, it is easier to find good comics to read when following a writers or creative teams single run for characters you think you might like.

Top Bottom