• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

That fucking Secret Empire 3 twist...

FUCK OFF SPENCER.

VSe7Hrx.gif

Malyse

I've been trying to tell y'all, but the Infinite in MVC is referring to the amount of DLC.

Gwenpool should move to a digital only format.

caliph95

I've been trying to tell y'all, but the Infinite in MVC is referring to the amount of DLC.

Gwenpool should move to a digital only format.
They could go the lazy route or NRS route(not lazy for Injustice that was fine but lazy here) and have a bunch of skins, Taskmaster as Cap America skin

For a comic about lesbian bondage sex Sunstone is really goddamn boring.

I didn't like it either. I found it too wordy. After a while I started skimming for the sexy panels and then just dropped it altogether.

I respect Sejic, though. I like Switch and loved his work on Rat Queens.

Messi

Also I don't care. People are entitled to their opinions, it's not for him. I ain't gonna convince him. Too many other comics out there he might enjoy.

caliph95

I didn't like it either. I found it too wordy. After a while I started skimming for the sexy panels and then just dropped it altogether.

I respect Sejic, though. I like Switch and loved his work on Rat Queens.
I knew it was popular for a reason

I like his top cow stuff never read Ravine

One of the best write ups on color in comics I've ever seen by Marissa Louise

womenwriteaboutcomics.com/2016/03/04/colorists-on-color-the-introduction/

Do read it if you have any interest about how color in comics works

Edit: I see we're talking about not liking Sunstone openly

I read vol 1 and didn't like it. There, I said it! Mostly it was the dialogue that did in my interest.

caliph95

After Cain, Coates and Stine Marvel seems to really want authors doing books instead of comic writers.
It worked for Shade i guess and worked for Mockingbird besides the sales and reasonable reaction to a cover
/s
, mixed results on Black Panther
They are the only people willing to work for marvel i guess, that or an attempt at reaching audience beyond typical comic nerds
So many traitors finally revealing themselves. :3
tumblr_n5uncjLa2C1tpgfxyo1_500.gif

Those writers of The 100 still writing Batgirl or Birds of Prey?(Can't remember which) Can't remember either one really seeing too much praise or really talked about at all.

Megatron

That fucking Secret Empire 3 twist...

FUCK OFF SPENCER.

VSe7Hrx.gif

This gets posted after every issue. Its approaching meme status. Im not reading it. Im sure I will eventually when comixology has it for $5 or whatever but too bad that its not turning out well. I thought it had a lot of potential. Especially coming off of cw2.

It worked for Shade i guess and worked for Mockingbird besides the sales and reasonable reaction to a cover
/s
They are the only people willing to work for marvel i guess, that or an attempt at reaching audience beyond typical comic nerds

tumblr_n5uncjLa2C1tpgfxyo1_500.gif
Oh right, forgot Stohl as well.

Edit: Checked sales and wow, Legacy better boost her book because she's down to 17K. So much for being Marvel and the MCU's "best" hero.

Ross61

Imo, YA writers are among the people who I think are more equipped for books like Runaways, TT, Champions, Blue Beetle and etc. Mark Waid, Percy, Giffen often feel out of touch. Really makes me curious what DC YA line is gonna look like.

/s

After the successes of Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel, Marvel has been trying to break ground into the YA market for a couple of years now, so it's not surprising.

caliph95

Imo, YA writers are among the people who I think are more equipped for books like Runaways, TT, Champions, Blue Beetle and etc. Mark Waid, Percy, Giffen often feel out of touch. Really makes me curious what DC YA line is gonna look like.
After the successes of Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel, Marvel has been trying to break ground into the YA market for a couple of years now, so it's not surprising.
True more prespectives are nice
It also may (definately) improve Champions o it won't feel like a fellow kids book
Okay what is the twist this time?
Punisher is flying Hydra colors even said hail hydra

tim1138

The Wonder Woman annual was very good. The Rucka and Scott story was fun and it's always great to see Nicola drawing Diana. Vita Ayala had a much better grasp on writing Diana this go round then she did in her awful New Talent Showcase story, and of course Claire Roe drew the ever loving hell out of it. The third story was good but had the misfortune of being between between Ayala/Roe and the finale
Wonder Woman and kaiju and Dinosaur Island!!!
drawn by David Lafuente and written by the duo who did the last couple Grayson issues. This was a great issue to release the week of the movie.

I gave Flash another shot coming off of the strength of the Button and was not disappointed. Williamson has a better grasp on the book compared to the beginning of his run and di Giandomenico's art was great as always. This issue delivered on two of my favorite parts of the Barry Allen mythos -
his friendship with Hal and Eobard freaking Thawne
. I'm really curious to see where Williamson is going with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom