• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Owzers

The only thing i liked in the first film was the ending act, everything else was a bit too dumb, so they might as well go all-out action.

In [Valiant] collecting news, I folded and I've started buying up the OHCs I'm missing from Valiant. I plan to give whatever I have "doubles" of in TPB form to a friend of mine who is interested and enjoyed Bloodshot vol 1, but isn't into comics enough to justify throwing down money.

Is this including the Harbinger Wars OHC? That's the one I've skipped so far because it's hard for me to justify getting it when a full 2/3rds of it is in the Bloodshot and Harbinger hardcovers.

Hagi

Hulkbuster was fucking amazing, too

Yeah that was probably the highlight, perfectly paced and didn't drag like Zod vs Superman. The last part of AoU is the same as every other Marvel film so your mileage may vary.

I think I'll pick up the film later with John Wick, it'll be cool to give it a second look and see how it holds up.

Also, as cute as the thread title might be, it really needs to be changed so people that don't already know about it can actually find the damn thing.

Zombine

Banned
Fancy paper get:

Boneface_CREEPSHOW_FINAL_1024x1024.jpg

Also, as cute as the thread title might be, it really needs to be changed so people that don't already know about it can actually find the damn thing.

Bah. They'll find the old thread that links directly here. I didn't even notice the title change until I saw it in my subscribed threads.

Hagi

That's certainly striking can't say I've seen the film but that's really cool. Is it Mondo? I saw they were doing some funny horror themed xmas jumpers.

Bah. They'll find the old thread that links directly here. I didn't even notice the title change until I saw it in my subscribed threads.

That only applies to people that follow the thread actively, though. Anyone looking for a Comics community tread or that only visits it from time to time may not realize what's going on or may assume there's no new thread or something. I think the last thing we need is to make this place even more insular, even if it's only for a month.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just read through another TPB of Ex Machina. I'm officially halfway through.
Not really sure why I'd only heard that it was mediocre. I've been enjoying it an awful lot. It's certainly not groundbreaking, but it's hugely entertaining and very gripping.

How the tables have turned. I'm the comics reader around here and all y'all are the off topic ones.

Fancy paper get:

Boneface_CREEPSHOW_FINAL_1024x1024.jpg

That is kickass.

I want to go home and open Maul. Kipp wanted me to take it to work lol

Did you order Captain Phasma?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah that was probably the highlight, perfectly paced and didn't drag like Zod vs Superman. The last part of AoU is the same as every other Marvel film so your mileage may vary.

I think I'll pick up the film later with John Wick, it'll be cool to give it a second look and see how it holds up.

I loved to see with which ideas Banner and Stark came up to fight the Hulk.

Kipp

At 6am EST :D

Yessssssss. Awesome.

I'm happy that so far I've been successful in avoiding the moneypit that is Star Wars Figuarts. Or Star Wars action figures in general, really.
Doesn't stop me from being jealous of everyone's SW Figuarts though. They're so cool. Posing some lightsaber duels sounds like great fun.

Kipp

Put me as Another request to change the title. This isn't the way to encourage new members and it's pretty silly to begin with.

Yeah, I kind of agree. It's a good inside joke, but beyond that it's pretty harmful for anyone who isn't already a regular here.

Just read through another TPB of Ex Machina. I'm officially halfway through.
Not really sure why I'd only heard that it was mediocre. I've been enjoying it an awful lot. It's certainly not groundbreaking, but it's hugely entertaining and very gripping.

How the tables have turned. I'm the comics reader around here and all y'all are the off topic ones.

That is kickass.

Did you order Captain Phasma?

It's far from mediocre. It's not as good as Y but the series is excellent.

Drayco21

How was the general reception for Batman Eternal?

I really, really liked most of it- the supernatural plot thread that doesn't really go anywhere aside. I get the impression that not that many people enjoyed it as much as I did, and at some point, it seemed most people dropped it while it was running weekly.

Gift giving advice, guys? My girl is a fan of Saga, Rat Queens and Atomic Robo. I don't want books or art but I'd love to find some kind toys, figures, or clothes based on these series. Any ideas where to look for such items? The Image website hasn't been helpful.

Gift giving advice, guys? My girl is a fan of Saga, Rat Queens and Atomic Robo. I don't want books or art but I'd love to find some kind toys, figures, or clothes based on these series. Any ideas where to look for such items? The Image website hasn't been helpful.
http://www.ratqueens.com/

They have all kinds of clothes, even some rad tentacle leggings.

Edit: God dammit, Messi. Go watch Star Wars.

Messi

Yeah, I gotta bug Wiebe on Twitter about the stock. So much of it is sold out.

How is there no Saga merch? Such a popular comic.

Saga has pretty much only had the lying cat t-shirt. It's really odd. You would think they would capitalize on its success.

Mindwipe

Only thing I've read the past couple weeks is binging my way through the IDW Transformers stuff again, since I fell off in chunks before Dark Cybertron and in the space between it and Combiner Wars, and I wanted to reacquaint myself. God damn, these books are so good.

Except, ironically, Dark Cybertron and Combiner Wars, which both sucked.

That new iron man armor is so terrible. It looks like it was made for an animated series.

Yup. I honestly think it might be my least favourite armour in twenty five years, and there are a few stinkers in that list.

Did Marvel actually announce that Death's Head series they hinted at as part of ANADM?

This week's backlog is finishing off the stuff I got during the Dark Horse sale, so all of Appleseed. Man, I remember loving Appleseed while growing up, but... well, to be honest some of this book is not very good at visual storytelling and it's kinda hard to tell what's going on.

Mindwipe

Lizard of Guilt plushie from Oglaf.

Drayco21

Except, ironically, Dark Cybertron and Combiner Wars, which both sucked.

I'm going to be in for a treat, then- I loved both of those, so I can only imagine how much I'll enjoy the rest of it.

I'm right at the point before Dark Cybertron starts in MTMTE now, and almost the same in RID; and as much as I enjoy RID, I can't get over what a consistently good time MTMTE is- from the flashback storytime and the incredible Shockwave stuff, to Overlord, to the Tyrest arc- this has all been some of the best Transformers fiction I can ever remember. I hope we see more of Pharma in the future sometime; he's been a really fun villain.

Kipp

It's far from mediocre. It's not as good as Y but the series is excellent.

I'm actually enjoying it as much as Y, but that's mostly because I love me some politics. From an unbiased perspective, I agree that Y is better though.
But yeah, Ex Machina is definitely classic BKV. Including gratuitous dick-related stuff. Lol

Oh, whoa! Since when have you been back!? Crazy seeing you around here. It's been so long that I'm not even sure you know who I am, since I may have just been lurking this thread when you were posting regularly before.

Kipp

Oh whoa! Southern Bastards OHC Vol 1 is already out!?
That's going in my next IST order for sure.
I'll also probably pick up that Remender Strange Girl omnibus TPB. $15 for the whole series seems like a steal.

Oh whoa! Southern Bastards OHC Vol 1 is already out!?
That's going in my next IST order for sure.
I'll also probably pick up that Remender Strange Girl omnibus TPB. $15 for the whole series seems like a steal.

There are some questions about whether it is oversized. So just confirm that first.

Top Bottom