• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

DMddbdjVAAATF8f.jpg:large

Thanks for the free (small) omnibus, Amazon.

He said yes before and revealing the cover now during solicit release week for January seems likely. It was on my list.

He posted on instagram. Starting in January. YAY.

Is this supposed to pick up where the last series left off or what? Is there a synopsis?

Slayven

Hold up...hold up...hold up they made a sequel to one of my top 10 comics of all time, The America Way, and I was not informed?

I blamed BKatastrophe for this

Messi

Is this supposed to pick up where the last series left off or what? Is there a synopsis?

Its a sequel, heres the solicit. youll need it.

STRANGERS IN PARADISE XXV #1
(W) Terry Moore (A/CA) Terry Moore
America’s favorite couple is back! To celebrate its 25th-Anniversary, the Eisner Award-winning series is back with an all-new story beginning with this #1 issue! Francine and Katchoo are living the dream until they learn a former Parker Girl is in hiding and writing a tell-all book about the wicked empire Darcy Parker built with Katchoo at her side. Determined to stop her, Katchoo enlists the aid of her mercenary sister Tambi and the hunt is on!In Shops: Jan 31, 2018
SRP: $3.99

BC link explaining the teaser from last year saying 'The Door Opens in January"
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10/18/strangers-paradise-xxv-confirmed-january-2018-terry-moore/

Guess I should finally crack open Strangers in Paradise?

Posted on twitter already, but I got in my package from Annie Wu. It's no commission but I'm really happy with what I got.

She threw in a few more floppies than I expected which was a nice surprise. Wanted the Harley special and I've been interested in Public Relations so she made some nice choices there. Money went to victims in Puerto Rico which was awesome.

Messi

Posted on twitter already, but I got in my package from Annie Wu. It's no commission but I'm really happy with what I got.

She threw in a few more floppies than I expected which was a nice surprise. Wanted the Harley special and I've been interested in Public Relations so she made some nice choices there. Money went to victims in Puerto Rico which was awesome.

Tyrant you will absolutely love SiP imo. Its awesome. Its good early but as it goes on it becomes really special.

Thats a lovely package and really nice of you to donate to Puerto Rico.

So Ultimates #100...the Multiverses

The third is Galactus
The fourth is the Infinaut
The fifth is the Sorcerer Supreme
The sixth is the Scientist Supreme

Basically a shit ton of cool cosmic stuff that’ll never get referenced again.
America is so cool and deserves her own book that is not the book she currently has.
She has her own book? Interesting.

tim1138

Seriously! I can't get over
that page where Jenny asks Shen to load up that London live stream!

I laughed out loud at that part.
The change in Jenny's existence from being tied to a century to being the embodiment of a technological shift is pretty ingenious

great package. Wish I could've bought one. Plus I'm pretty sure that's the one (physical) issue of Hawkeye I don't have lol

error4041

Champions #12 surprisingly wasn’t bad. It was pretty good.

...it’s ending. Right? That’s what’s happening. Regardless, I’d rather it end if inferior writing is taking over.
If I recall correctly all the Avengers books are being merged into No Surrender, which will be co-written by Waid, Ewing and Zub.

Finally reading the Generations issues. Hulk and Phoenix were decent and the Best was pretty good.
I liked last week's issue.
It was better than what came before, I’ll grant you, but I don’t need everyone in the team pairing off (Voodoo and Wanda; Pietro and Emily; Rogue and Johnny) and I don’t need to know about Reed’s patents. A storyline that will amount to nothing.

Sandfox

Finally reading the Generations issues. Hulk and Phoenix were decent and the Best was pretty good.

It was better than what came before, I’ll grant you, but I don’t need everyone in the team pairing off (Voodoo and Wanda; Pietro and Emily; Rogue and Johnny) and I don’t need to know about Reed’s patents. A storyline that will amount to nothing.

I think the Reed stuff is supposed to be set up for Two-in-One.

Some Nobody

Ultimates #100

Yoooooo

YOOOOOO

Ugh, that whole thing was so good. I really feel like Al Ewing is the best writer Marvel has right now. I've liked all his stuff, going back to Loki: Agent of Asgard.

Edit: Also, has Uncanny Avengers been this good the whole time? I checked out 28 last week and was surprised how....Avengers-y it felt.

Sandfox

Ugh, that whole thing was so good. I really feel like Al Ewing is the best writer Marvel has right now. I've liked all his stuff, going back to Loki: Agent of Asgard.

Edit: Also, has Uncanny Avengers been this good the whole time? I checked out 28 last week and was surprised how....Avengers-y it felt.
Duggan's run on the book was really good, though it took him a bit to find his groove. Pepe Larraz put out some amazing art for the book as well.

Generations Archers was fun. Not much insight character wise, like the previous issues, but a fun story.

Duggan’s run is great, though Stegman’s art early on is rough. Larraz takes over and it’s tops. Zub has been filling me with disappointment, though I’ll admit I’m mostly still salty over Duggan leaving and leftover resentment from Zub’s Thunderbolts.

Sandfox

Duggan’s run is great, though Stegman’s art early on is rough. Larraz takes over and it’s tops. Zub has been filling me with disappointment, though I’ll admit I’m mostly still salty over Duggan leaving and leftover resentment from Zub’s Thunderbolts.

Stegman's art on the book is weird because it looks like he's trying out a new style that doesn't work, he leaves the book for a bit, and comes back during CW2 to put out some of the best art of his career during that arc(though I now think he topped it with RYV). I'm guessing he got feedback or something.

Stegman's art on the book is weird because it looks like he's trying out a new style that doesn't work, he leaves the book for a bit, and comes back during CW2 to put out some of the best art of his career during that arc(though I now think he topped it with RYV). I'm guessing he got feedback or something.
His art during Superior and Inhuman was also good. Though for the latter he was just aping Joe Mad. Worked well though.

VeeP

So Ultimates #100...the Multiverses

The third is Galactus
The fourth is the Infinaut
The fifth is the Sorcerer Supreme
The sixth is the Scientist Supreme

Basically a shit ton of cool cosmic stuff that’ll never get referenced again.

She has her own book? Interesting.

That issue, that series was great. Some great cosmic stuff, world building, etc.

Tyrant you will absolutely love SiP imo. Its awesome. Its good early but as it goes on it becomes really special.

Thats a lovely package and really nice of you to donate to Puerto Rico.
Oh I'm sure I'll like it. I really enjoyed Rachel Rising. Just never got around to starting this. Forgot it was coming back so I'll try to start before then.

Yeah he admitted he was trying something new with it IIRC. He got weirdly defensive about it when people brought it up. Dude was searching his own name on Twitter and responding to people who didn't even tag him or respond to posts of his. Nothing wrong with trying something new, but it was definitely a failed experiment and his weakest work since Superior at least. RYV looks much better thankfully, he did a good job with it.

Sandfox

Now this is a fun book. It's basically a combination of X-Men, Harbinger, with a street level feel to it, though the book focuses on two characters rather than a big team. I think this is the first time I've seen a superhero with Down Syndrome.

This book is basically Iron Man with a Supernatural/Sci-Fi twist and it works a lot better than I expected. It's about a hero with PTSD that has the power to help other people who have PTSD. The main character is a lot more likable from the get-go than one would expect from the "playboy billionaire" and I'm really excited to see where this goes.

error4041

There should be a cosmic Avengers type book, with a team assembled to deal with space-born threats to earth. Put Thor, Captain Marvel, Crystal, Blue Marvel, Smasher and Maybe a Spider-Person all out in space make them fight Skrulls, Thanos, and a couple Celestials.

There should be a cosmic Avengers type book, with a team assembled to deal with space-born threats to earth. Put Thor, Captain Marvel, Crystal, Blue Marvel, Smasher and Maybe a Spider-Person all out in space make them fight Skrulls, Thanos, and a couple Celestials.
If they do another Ultimates book, there’s already team wandering around out there.

Also make it Beta Ray Bill instead of Thor and Marvel Boy instead of Captain Marvel.

If they do another Ultimates book, there’s already team wandering around out there.

Also make it Beta Ray Bill instead of Thor and Marvel Boy instead of Captain Marvel.
So a new version of Annihilators/Ultimates?

I need to pick up that strangers in paradise omni myself at somepoint, I got the first volume a while back to try it and wasnt blown away but I've seen enough from reading motor girl to think that I will really love it as the story gets deeper.

Ewing really has been doing some great work for Marvel over the past few years, hes pretty much the closest they have to a big ideas like Hickman these days. I'd love to see him given a big multiple year epic run where he gets to play with whichever characters in the marvel universe he wants, but probably not going to happen with all the Marvel relaunches.

Messi

I need to pick up that strangers in paradise omni myself at somepoint, I got the first volume a while back to try it and wasnt blown away but I've seen enough from reading motor girl to think that I will really love it as the story gets deeper.

Ewing really has been doing some great work for Marvel over the past few years, hes pretty much the closest they have to a big ideas like Hickman these days. I'd love to see him given a big multiple year epic run where he gets to play with whichever characters in the marvel universe he wants, but probably not going to happen with all the Marvel relaunches.

It won't happen because he likes using odd characters and lesser known ones in his books and on top of that his books don't sell. Sad really as he is a great writer.

I bet Zub is still on an Avengers book post No Surrender.

Top Bottom