• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

hey, i'm not banned anymore.

*looks around*

comics are still cool.

Messi's avatar is not that scary.

in my absence i think i didn't read any comics : /

i fucked up

Sandfox

Capullo, Lee, and Jimenez are probably the most swole artists currently. I saw a recent Morrison interview where his arms were exposed and I saw some serious muscle. Dude look like he was ready to fuck someone up.
Jim Lee's Wolverine is based on his own physique.

Jim Lee's Wolverine is based on his own physique.
orxJi5U.jpg
Hmmm.

Capullo, Lee, and Jimenez are probably the most swole artists currently. I saw a recent Morrison interview where his arms were exposed and I saw some serious muscle. Dude look like he was ready to fuck someone up.

RB Silva is also swole

and not the most swole, but honorable mention to Chris Schweizer (Rock Candy Mountain) for looking like the most 80s wrestling enforcer in comics

Decided to post about the stuff I've read this week.

Firstly, I want to say that I'm in love with Amazon. And sorry for the low quality pic

Quick thoughts:
  • Black Widow is lit. Waid and Sanmee are amazing.
  • Black Panther is also dope.
  • I bought King's Watch only because I know these characters. Let's see what my father will think about it since they're part of his childhood.
  • Akira is a mastahpiece.
  • My father is hating biliionaire Peter Parker. I'm also not really into it but for some reason I can't stop reading Spider-Man comics unless they are really bad.
  • Waid avengers are... meh. I'm buying this thing more for New Avengers and Uncanny( they are all on the same magazine).
  • Ghost Rider is nice, I love how he looks. But giving him the name "Motoqueiro Fantasma" simply doesn't work. Motoqueiro is someone who drive motorcycles, he should be the Motorista Fantasma (Car Driver). Portuguese is not English and I know they wanted to maintain the "trademark" but it simply doesn't work.
  • Kadabra is such a fun villain in Titans. Little by little I'm going more and more to the DC side and leaving most of the Marvel stuff behind. Even though this week I've read more Marvel than DC lol.
  • Moon Knight by Lemire is a trip.
  • Turma da Mônica is an all ages comic from here. I decided to check the "manga version" aimed at teenagers. Besides some forced romance, it's pretty much the same thing I've read my entire childhood and I love it.

The good story of counting the unmasking of Spider-Man and the Civil War as great achievements by Tony Stark?
Obviously. Because there definitely isn’t a larger story in play with a continuity error. It clearly has to be a very specific small story.
Killing teen heroes to get sales from an audience they claim doesn't exist?

Viv won't get killed she will disappear never to be asked about again al a singularity and Eva bell. Only to be remembered for her part in Kings Vision, nothing more.
I’m still miffed about Eva Bell. Soule and/or Lemire said she was supposed to pop up in the Death of X/IvX saga and she never did.
I got banned twice and BK was mean
I only speak in truths

Except for when I lie

I bought the Master Race cover book cuz all those covers, with the exception of Millers, are too good. Also, holy shit, they made a lot of variant covers. It's almost 200 pages long filled with covers.

Huh. So they're using Overgirl (Nazi Power Girl introduced in Final Crisis #2) in the CW Arrow series. I'm kind of surprised this is making it onto TV. But then again, given the current state of things in this country, I'm also not.
You’re surprised a Nazi villain showed up on a sci-fi/fantasy show? Like, the most popular type of villain pretty much ever?

Come on. Current socio-political state or not, a Nazi supervillain is a Nazi supervillain and they get used all the time.

Some Nobody

Unpopular opinion: I've always liked Greg Land's work. It's not the best, but it's clean and crisp and I always understand what's going on, which can be a problem in some people's comic art.

Unpopular opinion: I've always liked Greg Land's work. It's not the best, but it's clean and crisp and I always understand what's going on, which can be a problem in some people's comic art.
I get why people like it. It’s just that when you read shit where some people have a face that says “Imma bout to rail you doggy style” during a serious scene, it’s off putting.

Top Bottom