• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

Messi

I loved Carrie and wish she somehow snuck into mainline canon. Would be great if Damian had a "sister" to play off of. Then again the bat-family is already a bit too big.

What would be the best way to get rid of Duke? He's the least interesting character in Bat-Man's lineup right now imo.

This is essentially what Tomasi and Gleason were doing in their Batman and Robin run. :(

This still hurts

k2Ko0snws3uQ8tvU-rbPFxdZMxosRwQmVjz5IsngK8LbNiScEkaNwsxyeTaZHK8KIxn-ptp_glmp=s1600

iArMw7YxnhiIkKj7fsNYJkBPEkmO49IsscZto8FZ9JRN0uZSJ9yT13qQTaLDS9cUhilymWv7W95u=s1600

hsy2gAykv2t-67r6SoiJ5Det6n6B2dGTiCn0yIlNGyUJI1wnYL0bnESDHPcQIwoO4H5t__ENbh7Q=s1600

The thought of Bruce having to do that :(

Ross61

I loved Carrie and wish she somehow snuck into mainline canon. Would be great if Damian had a "sister" to play off of. Then again the bat-family is already a bit too big.

What would be the best way to get rid of Duke? He's the least interesting character in Bat-Man's lineup right now imo.

EDIT:

Just got sent a bunch of articles about how Grant Morrison ruined Bat-Man and didn't understand the character. Of all the things to claim...

None.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm not a fan of Grant Morrison's Batman, it's way too goofy for my tastes. Arkham Asylum is great, though.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not a fan of Grant Morrison's Batman, it's way too goofy for my tastes. Arkham Asylum is great, though.

For me, it’s my benchmark run.

I mean, the whole concept is goofy (naturally), but he covered everything with his run: the gothic, the super-spy, the gritty, the camp, the symbolic, etc. All the things Batman has and can be.

But yeah, AA is a stone cold, top-tier classic.

kmfdmpig

I'm LOVING the JLI omnibus. Great stuff man.

It was my favorite comic from that era, and it still holds up well. Kevin Maguire's art was such a perfect complement to Giffen/DeMatteis' character interactions. It's not as good, but if you haven't read the same group's take on Defenders that's a fairly good encore.

kmfdmpig

Oh, normally it wouldn't be ban worthy. Due to who it concerns and what happened to the last people who did it I probably will be. Should be an article up in a day.

Based on all of the closed threads there is something coming shortly, so why not hold off to see if/how well it is addressed there? No reason to get banned in vain hours before an official response goes up.

Sorry for the dp.

Messi

Based on all of the closed threads there is something coming shortly, so why not hold off to see if/how well it is addressed there? No reason to get banned in vain hours before an official response goes up.

Sorry for the dp.

You double posting in my thread m8?

Oh, normally it wouldn't be ban worthy. Due to who it concerns and what happened to the last people who did it I probably will be. Should be an article up in a day.

DON'T.

They're are aware of it and some announcement will be posted soon. Regardless I am with you in being very disappointed.

caliph95

Later that night kmfdmpig was found with their head smashed with a mallet

Witnesses report a bearded person in a Harley Quinn costume leaving their room

Can you link me to this FUCKING BULLSHIT please?

My friends were just sending me it in quotes of the articles, but here's one example I could find being reposted on a forum. Honestly I think Morrison's Batman run is important for one reason.

It treats every aspect of Batman's stories as canon. Batman as a character, every decade of repurposing and writer's take, was a year in the life for this character. That's how I feel canon should be done, and the fact he did it so well really struck a cord for me.

And for every point Screaming Meat made. I like you, you have similar tastes but a variety of opinons. I hope you stick around.
This is essentially what Tomasi and Gleason were doing in their Batman and Robin run. :(

This still hurts

The thought of Bruce having to do that :(

I didn't know about any of this, must of missed it during my "Not touching DC" days during N52. This looks like great material though, maybe I'll go back and read it.

You a Duke fan?

Also I am a hardcore fan of the naming scheme of Bat-Man, sue me.

VanWinkle

It was my favorite comic from that era, and it still holds up well. Kevin Maguire's art was such a perfect complement to Giffen/DeMatteis' character interactions. It's not as good, but if you haven't read the same group's take on Defenders that's a fairly good encore.

Oh cool, I'll have to look into that at some point.

And yeah, Maguire's art is amazing. Perfect facial expressions.

My friends were just sending me it in quotes of the articles, but here's one example I could find being reposted on a forum. Honestly I think Morrison's Batman run is important for one reason.

It treats every aspect of Batman's stories as canon. Batman as a character, every decade of repurposing and writer's take, was a year in the life for this character. That's how I feel canon should be done, and the fact he did it so well really struck a cord for me.

And for every point Screaming Meat made. I like you, you have similar tastes but a variety of opinons. I hope you stick around.
Morrison originally planned on killing Damian at the end of the story (there’s an idea!) but the stupid fans ended up changing his mind.
I smell a Damian hater........................
He’s a good-looking boy.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Lord thanks for asking, I was confused too until I googled and read the allegations. It's a serious allegation and I wonder how fallout will be treated.

What's scary is EvilLore's treatment of the subject. Forcing everyone to stay quite and blocking any communication about it is strange to me. I guess the fear is a spread of worry and choas, but I think if he posted "wait for my statement" and just let people post thoughts that'd be more mature. I don't know.

People were making awful claims one way or another in the now locked threads.

I'm taking my leave. If anyone wants to stay in touch, you can still find me on Twitter, Tumblr (well, kinda) or PSN/Steam if I have you added.

Aizo

Banned
What do other Robins bring to the table or do to differentiate themselves? That'd be my counter question...
I don't want a counter question. I'm asking for your opinion. I am not telling you it's wrong. I'd like to hear your thoughts. I personally think he's a real asshole.

I personally loved Tim Drake throughout his time in Johns' Titans run, and I like him a lot in the current TEC arc. He's interesting.

finished the first volume of Rock Candy Mountain last night and it's really great. It's about a hobo in the 1920s on a quest for the mythical Rock Candy Mountain. Not a huge surprise since I loved one of Kyle Starks's other books, Sexcastle, RCM has my favorite parts of that - brutal fight scenes and colorful one-liners describing them ("he's got punch diarrhea and their faces are the toilet bowl!") but with maybe a bit more character. Starks did a bunch of research on 1920s hobo-lore of sorts, and the worldbuilding is really good. the hobo-world has its own slang and quirks, and even its own underground fight club!
klanimal.jpg

It's wrapping up in the second TPB I believe, so it's not a huge investment, so to speak

is Spencer writing this? He can't hide that he's super mad

I don't want a counter question. I'm asking for your opinion. I am not telling you it's wrong. I'd like to hear your thoughts. I personally think he's a real asshole.

I personally loved Tim Drake throughout his time in Johns' Titans run, and I like him a lot in the current TEC arc. He's interesting.

Ah, well I like that he's an asshole. It gives him a point of growth, and you can see him growing throughout the years as a person. He has a clear starting point, and it's up to later writers to decide where he ends up. I also like him actually being Bat-Man's direct son instead of metaphorical. And the dynamic of the prefect son in Dick whose a better man then Bruce himself compared to the real dick Damian...

Man, I just love it all. Whereas every other Robin is just lesser Grayson in my eyes, instead of their own character.

Well lads, this is it. @SeanShards on the twitter, the gram and the discord. And Twitch, which I guess I'll be doing more now that I've got the time.

And remember:

BULLY MOOSE
LYFE

Top Bottom