• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Amnesia: The Bunker, Car Mechanic Simulator 2021, Dordogne, and More

Justin9mm

It's not the first time a game has come back. I believe GTAV has popped in a couple of times, Yakuza 0 left and came back. In the case of Hypnospace, it's probably coming back because SlayersX is a Hypnospace spinoff, plus they have a sequel called DreamSettlers coming out at some point so they probably would like more people to have played the first so they can get into the new one.

I don't really get the concern over Game Pass getting repeats? This is like being upset that Friends is coming back to Netflix.
Repeats are fine when you are still adding AAA tier games alongside them.

DaGwaphics

The back half of the month will probably be the better half since the show is coming up.

I'll have to investigate these before deciding if I'm interested in anything. I'm not really familiar with any of these. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Knightime_X

Someone needs to locate whoever is greenlighting these games as I fear it's the same mofo who greenlights games with gold and fire his ass immediately.
It's probably Taylor.
Axe him.
Right. Now.

DaGwaphics

Someone needs to locate whoever is greenlighting these games as I fear it's the same mofo who greenlights games with gold and fire his ass immediately.
It's probably Taylor.
Axe him.
Right. Now.

They do a great job curating the day one indie titles, IMO. I've played a lot of games that I would have never played otherwise.

It isn't unusual for them to drop games on the service during or shortly after a show, this month is likely more back loaded. After Hi-Fi Rush you never know when they might just shadow drop a smaller first-party game even (very slim possibility but you never know).

Last edited:

Pantz

They added a lot of cool stuff recently. Nothing huge in this list, but more and more that I want to check out. Curious about Chicory.

Stafford

It hasn't been very great for a few months now. What I don't get is that they don't bother with older bigger games at all anymore. There are still tons of games left that are "AAA" and older, how much could it be, in terms of cost?

In these months that they can't depend on XGS they should get some bigger stuff on it. I just don't get at all why they are ignoring older, bigger games. I'd welcome it.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

Im excited to play Amnesia, the rest i dont really care about, i just like Frictional games for the most part up until SOMA, the last release Rebirth was really ass and not the good kind, so i hope this time they make a comeback.

Very much like Premium I would consider that still worth the money. But the disappointment after the initial honeymoon phase with a lot of more prominent games is understandable.

Mozzarella

I see many people complaining about Gamepass, while im not a big fan, its a good deal only if you have lots of older games to play, this way you play them fore free, but if you pretty much conquered every game and you want new releases only then yeah Gamepass is not a good deal because most of the new games there are just mid.

Vlodril

I did the three years with conversion when it first came out on pc. It is ending now in the end of September and i already removed the option to renew it. I think it started out as a much better service. I don't mind that ms doesn't really have any good AAA yet but i expected alot bigger third party games. It has become the indie game catalogue and even there it misses the most important ones.

Perhaps my expectations were too high ( i think they set them high themselves at the start) but it has been disappointing.

So i guess like others if there is a game i really want to play will sub for a month and that will be eat until something interesting comes along.

DaGwaphics

They added a lot of cool stuff recently. Nothing huge in this list, but more and more that I want to check out. Curious about Chicory.

IKR. People trying to ignore that they've gotten Hi-Fi Rush, AoE2, Grid Legends, Atomic Heart, Madden 23, Hot Wheels Unleashed, CSR, Wo Long Fallen Dynasty, Guilty Gear Strive, MLB The Show 23, Civilization IV, Ghostwire Tokyo, Redfall, Weird West, Fifa 23 and more just since the beginning of the year. LOL

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
IKR. People trying to ignore that they've gotten Hi-Fi Rush, AoE2, Grid Legends, Atomic Heart, Madden 23, Hot Wheels Unleashed, CSR, Wo Long Fallen Dynasty, Guilty Gear Strive, MLB The Show 23, Civilization IV, Ghostwire Tokyo, Redfall, Weird West, Fifa 23 and more just since the beginning of the year. LOL

It's just reactionary trolling. The service has already had more than enough worthwhile day 1 games in 2023 alone to justify its annual cost if value is a concern.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Guys, AAA game didn't move from the platform, you can still play those... Do people really only play the latest releases and everything else didn't matter to them?

BTW Rune Factory for me, gotta check if I'll like it and support Japanese games on PC.

bender

What time is it?

Indeed

Top Bottom