• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Amnesia: The Bunker, Car Mechanic Simulator 2021, Dordogne, and More

HTK

Banned
This is what I hate about these subscriptions, it's always games I have no interest in and the games I want are not on the subscription until after I bought them, so when they are finally of the subscription it doesn't matter because I already bought the game and played it. So at the moment this renders the subscription service of any kind useless.

Last edited:

rapid32.5

Only way to resub with 1 month when good games drop, Atomic Heart next stop Starfield.

Last edited:

Bridges

Hypnospace is back! Really great game, I highly recommend it. If you can though, play it on PC with a mouse. The controls on console are rough and the game is entirely built around the idea of feeling like you're on a PC.

I'm sure we'll get some surprise drops at the showcase.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
What's the general consensus of regular Game Pass users about the quantity and quality of Game Pass games in 2023?

I've been saying negative comments about Game Pass quantity/quality of games more and more.

Chukhopops

I think most people would agree ps+ has a better selection of games on it tbh

And it's just a straight fact that it has more games
Yeah no but it’s been discussed to death already so we’re not getting into this again.
What's the general consensus of regular Game Pass users about the quantity and quality of Game Pass games in 2023?

I've been saying negative comments about Game Pass quantity/quality of games more and more.
There’s no general consensus obviously but imo it’s been really good, finished 8 GP games this year so far.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
This is what I hate about these subscriptions, it's always games I have no interest in and the games I want are not on the subscription until after I bought them, so when they are finally of the subscription it doesn't matter because I already bought the game and played it. So at the moment this renders the subscription service of any kind useless.
True.

I'm using the PS+ Premium subscription as basically for backlog and games I didn't purchase.

Because of limited gaming budget, I buy 2-3 games on day one (on average) and 4-6 games on sale every year. In between those purchases, I use the PS+ Catalog to bide my time.

For instance, I bought Hogwarts in February, Horizon Burning Shores in April, and will buy Final Fantasy XVI. Between Horizon and FFXVI, I've finished Ghostwire Tokyo, Devil May Cry 5, and Doom 2016 from PS+. Currently playing FFVII Remake Intergrade from PS+ Extra.

You can probably use it the same way.

I thought it was overrated at first. Now, it's just mediocre. PS+ gets less credit, but if you were to get on both today and look at the games, PS+ Extra easily has GP beat, in my honest opinion.

The sticking point seems to be day one AAA first-party releases. But, after the last few years, those have been few and far between, at least good ones.

Last edited:
Think a lot of folks have forgotten that it's almost June.. Showcase is weeks away. Not too much of a stretch to assume some upcoming GP drops are being saved for that event to announce.

If you're looking for something to play though check out Planet of Lana. It's everything Somerville should have been. So good.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I thought it was overrated at first. Now, it's just mediocre. PS+ gets less credit, but if you were to get on both today and look at the games, PS+ Extra easily has GP beat, in my honest opinion.

The sticking point seems to be day one AAA first-party releases. But, after the last few years, those have been few and far between, at least good ones.
I agree. I could subscribe to both, but I only sub to PS+. It's more than enough. Besides, I like buying and owning my games.

Game Pass is great for day one indies, but I don't play indies as much. There are only a few indies that I absolutely adore, and I make sure to buy them: Hollow Knight, Hades, etc.

reksveks

Not as good as 2022 on the indie front but hard to be when you had vampire survivor, norco and signalis.

I still have finished 7 games on GP this year, favourite would be Hifi Rush, followed by Planet of Lana. I haven't gotten to Atomic Heart or the other game that's escaping my brain.

My key one from this batch
Also looking forward to
But it's a tough month re time to play.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Not as good as 2022 on the indie front but hard to be when you had vampire survivor, norco and signalis.

I still have finished 7 games on GP this year, favourite would be Hifi Rush, followed by Planet of Lana. I haven't gotten to Atomic Heart or the other game that's escaping my brain.
I've yet to start Planet of Lana but have heard good things about it. Too bad there is no combat as I much prefer games with at least some form of combat.

Been busy with Convergence (on the indie side / before bed gameplay).

I agree. I could subscribe to both, but I only sub to PS+. It's more than enough. Besides, I like buying and owning my games.

Game Pass is great for day one indies, but I don't play indies as much. There are only a few indies that I absolutely adore, and I make sure to buy them: Hollow Knight, Hades, etc.
Yeah, Silksong is a legit good get. Paying for GP for years for it is kinda pointless, though. Especially, when I'll buy it on either Switch or SteamDeck for portability, anyway.

fermcr

Like any subscription service, without new AAA exclusive content, the service is worthless.

Are Microsoft even trying to increase Gamepass subscriptions?

Last edited:

kadab

Balloon Reaction GIF

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I can’t choose just one but the two favorites would be Everspace 2 and Wo Long.

I also really enjoyed Ghostwire Tokyo but it’s slightly less good due to a bit of open world bloat.
Finished Ghostwire Tokyo earlier this month. Wo Long / Souls type games aren't really my thing. But EverSpace 2 is in my backlog, installed. I'll give it a go sometime soon. Thanks!

HTK

Banned
True.

I'm using the PS+ Premium subscription as basically for backlog and games I didn't purchase.

Because of limited gaming budget, I buy 2-3 games on day one (on average) and 4-6 games on sale every year. In between those purchases, I use the PS+ Catalog to bide my time.

For instance, I bought Hogwarts in February, Horizon Burning Shores in April, and will buy Final Fantasy XVI. Between Horizon and FFXVI, I've finished Ghostwire Tokyo, Devil May Cry 5, and Doom 2016 from PS+. Currently playing FFVII Remake Intergrade from PS+ Extra.

True but a lot of those old backlog games I can pick up on a summer sale for under $10 so I rather outright own them. Know what I mean?

Tg89

All that money tied up in Activision acquisition so Gamepass gets scraps until that goes through I guess. What a garbage month.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
True.

That's how most people should use it. No one should expect a dozen brand new 2, 3 month old games on a sub service every announcement in good faith.

I have no idea why I carry on paying for this service
I have an idea, wake up and stop...you are bleeding money and perhaps it is an idea to just do it. Its the power of this kind of "services" is when you have them you pay them without thinking..even if you barly use them. So get a grip and stop😉

Last edited:

Freeman76

here come the moaners, at current game pass price you only need 2 day one full price equivalent games in a whole year and its paid for itself, everything else is a bonus.
Ppl expect 3 AAA games per month, anything less is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

salva

This list sucks.
I saw Max Payne 1, 2 and 3 are on sale and almost bought... But then was like nah what if they ever comes to GamePass...

Instead we get this junk. Obviously new games are what we want, but there's so much older stuff that would be awesome to add to GamePass.

adamsapple

This list sucks.
I saw Max Payne 1, 2 and 3 are on sale and almost bought... But then was like nah what if they ever comes to GamePass...

Instead we get this junk. Obviously new games are what we want, but there's so much older stuff that would be awesome to add to GamePass.

I don't think I have ever seen OG Xbox games in regular game pass drops in forever, so it's probably a safe bet to buy them. Same for MP3, it's on such a low sale right now anyway.

Bridges

Yeah, they are now recycling content it seems. It left in Feb 2022:

s2E8Lyz.png
It's not the first time a game has come back. I believe GTAV has popped in a couple of times, Yakuza 0 left and came back. In the case of Hypnospace, it's probably coming back because SlayersX is a Hypnospace spinoff, plus they have a sequel called DreamSettlers coming out at some point so they probably would like more people to have played the first so they can get into the new one.

I don't really get the concern over Game Pass getting repeats? This is like being upset that Friends is coming back to Netflix.

adamsapple

PS Plus Extra and Deluxe starting to look better and better every day.

It's good in a vacuum, especially compared to PS+ last year at this timeframe, but looking at this month's lineup, more than half the games they've added are already in or have been on game pass before.

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
I haven't seen anything on there worth my time since Two Point Campus. I used to look forward to seeing what was coming to GP, now I couldn't give less of a fuck. I'm subbed through to next March though so hopefully they'll turn it around.

Top Bottom