• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: FIFA 23, Planet of Lana, Railway Empire 2, and More

StereoVsn

You can actually still convert Live to Ultimate if it expires at 1 to 1 rate. So can get 3 years of Live for around $110-120 on key shops like Eneba and then get 1 month of full Game Pass Ultimate. That makes it more reasonable overall.

Still not sure if it's worth it for me personally, but at least better vs retail price.

Lasha

The cool thing about Gamepass is you don't need to stay subbed if you aren't getting enough value out of it. Wait until something you want to play comes along. Beat it for like ten bucks. Try out some other stuff with your remaining time. Cancel. I only ever started subbing to game pass regularly when my kids started playing because GPU is a de-facto family plan since the benefits can be used on Xbox and PC at the same time.

Banjo64

cumsessed
You can actually still convert Live to Ultimate if it expires at 1 to 1 rate. So can get 3 years of Live for around $110-120 on key shops like Eneba and then get 1 month of full Game Pass Ultimate. That makes it more reasonable overall.

Still not sure if it's worth it for me personally, but at least better vs retail price.
Yeah, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m not doing this again come March 2024 when my sub expires.

Service is perfect for kids/teens or the unemployed who can game for 6-8 hours plus a day.

Not for me though.

fatmarco

If they're not going to win on exclusives, surely they should be trying to make Gamepass at least moderately appealing? What happened to the big surprise release or megatons?

dotnotbot

If they're not going to win on exclusives, surely they should be trying to make Gamepass at least moderately appealing? What happened to the big surprise release or megatons?

We'll see what they drop after the showcase but it's not the first month that looks very unappealing to an average casual gamer. Feels like someone cut the budget.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Yeah, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m not doing this again come March 2024 when my sub expires.

Service is perfect for kids/teens or the unemployed who can game for 6-8 hours plus a day.

Not for me though.
Yep, that's where I am. Just bought Forza 5 Premium for $50 instead and I am good.

Roberts

Been playing Cassette Beasts and Chicory with my daughter and both are pretty good. For some reason I though CB is some sort of online game like Among Us or something, but it turns out that its basically a hipster version of old-school jrpg. Not sure I will complete but I had my share of fun. Chicory is legit great tho. At the beginning it gives an impression of a kids game with all the colouring and stuff, but is basically a metroidvania with rather complicated puzzles and interesting exploration. Don't miss it.

Top Bottom