• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming soon to Xbox Game Pass: Ghost Recon Wildlands, Turbo Golf Racing, Two Point Campus, Cooking Simulator, Expeditions Rome and More!

twilo99

I paid £121 for 3 years and at this point I’m just thinking I should have subbed for 1 month at a time for £7.99 when Avowed, Starfield, Perfect Dark and Fable eventually release.

Well yah it just depends on which games you care about. Beauty of the service is that there is enough games on there to satisfy the hungry and the well fed..

Jaybe

Thoughts on Deathloop dropping mid-September after its one year release date? I’m 95% sure it hits Game Pass then but 5% of me thinks Jim has been viscous with clauses preventing subscriptions to competition or Sony having first right to subscriptions with the likes of Capcom, Square, and COD marketing deals, and that may have been in place when Bethesda accepted the offer of timed exclusivity & (abundant) marketing.

Thoughts on Deathloop dropping mid-September after its one year release date? I’m 95% sure it hits Game Pass then but 5% of me thinks Jim has been viscous with clauses preventing subscriptions to competition or Sony having first right to subscriptions with the likes of Capcom, Square, and COD marketing deals, and that may have been in place when Bethesda accepted the offer of timed exclusivity & (abundant) marketing.
Hope so. Makes sense they couldn't market it. Guess we'll see.

Quasicat

Honestly, a Game Pass sub ain't worth it all year long. You're better off waiting for a few games you're interested in to be added then subbing for 3 months.
The only thing keeping me subscribed is the cloud gaming through my iPad. This way I can play a bit at work during my off time.

Chukhopops

Great batch imo but it's not like I can change anybody's mind about it. I wonder what the Game Pass audience in general thinks.
It’s clear MS chooses games based on the most played genres and types of games. For example there’s a visible bias towards co-op shooters, sports games, strategy games on PC, highly rated indies and more recently Cloud-friendly games (most likely because this is the fastest growing segment).

It won’t be to everyone’s tastes but it seems deliberate.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
It's not the kind of games that will help Gamepass take off. That's the trap with subscription models. At first it looks like a great deal, then you understand you'll gradually get more and more junk.
Out of interest, how many subscribers needs to make game pass take off?

50 million? 100 million?

Game pass had 25 million active users back in January, but that is apparently rookie numbers according to you.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/18/...s-subscribers-25-million-microsoft-activision

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Don’t sleep on wild lands. Repetitive but fun
Agreed.

I once got it 50 percent off. Its the typical formula from Ubisoft but fun world especially with a friend.

The utilities you get like mortar etc is very fun to use.

Leyasu

Banned
It's not the kind of games that will help Gamepass take off. That's the trap with subscription models. At first it looks like a great deal, then you understand you'll gradually get more and more junk.
Lol as if anyone out of the unhinged Sony warrior caste considers your posts credible. You should only be permitted to do your normal LOL emoji on everyone who posts something not praising Sony in non-Sony threads.

Schmick

Aren't these games the sort of games that will entice the casuals? Seems like it to me.

I've seen plenty of comments here state, for GamePass to succeed (although it already has been) particularly cloud and cloud on phones, you need mobile games i.e. casual games.

Last edited:

Orbital2060

What games have come out that might have gone on game pass now? Its right in the middle summer holidays and I cant remember any major or indie games launching except for whats already there.

Its funny reading some of the posts from the exact same folks that hype the competition up elsewhere, its priceless to watch. But not the gotcha moment yall think it is. Not this one. You will have your moments but this comes in at a boring time of the year.

And Two Point Campus is a game a lot of people want to play, its a day 1 release for a third party game and money saved.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Rookie numbers compared to what?
compared to the best deal in gaming, the PS PLUS.

Flexing Hulk Hogan GIF by WWE

Last edited:

Winter John

I was scrolling through Gamepass looking for something completely different from Elden Ring. I ended up putting on Two Point Hospital. That's not a game I would've ever bought, yet 10 minutes in I was hooked. Ended up getting it since I noticed it was on sale. I've had GP for a year now and I find the value in it ain't the AAA games like Halo or Gears. It's trying out games I normally wouldn't buy. The other thing is it's saved me money having games on there I was thinking of buying and finding out they weren't any good. Anyways all this is just a long way of saying I'm looking forward to playing Two Point Campus.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Almost as if that's all that's on Gamepass 🙄 there is so many great games you couldn't possibly have played them all, yet one average month and you're cancelling your subscription. Talk about a knee-jerk reaction 😂
I cancelled months ago. And lmao.... The last few months have been poor. Not average. I'll resubscribe for Scorn so don't feel too bad.

Hari Seldon

Expedition Rome is an amazing game. Combines really solid class-based turn based combat with a Rome alt-history RPG with meaningful choices. Definitely check it out.

Rivet

Don't pay any mind to Rivet, they're just being a cheerleader.

The irony is delicious coming from you.

There has been like 10+ posters in this thread saying this is a poor list of games, so either you're surrounded by Sony spies and they're out for you, or the monthly selection is indeed subpar. I'll let you figure it out.

I regularly subscribe to PC Gamepass, so I'm entitled to my opinion.

If you want everybody to cheer on MS whatever they do, you should build your own circle jerk forum.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Don't pay any mind to Rivet, they're just being a cheerleader.

Even actual Sony themselves acknowledges they can't compete with Game Pass.

19rjqn.png

I hadn't noticed that one, that's too funny. You heard it straight from Sony, GP is the best deal there is. And, it could have CoD on there soon, nobody else can even make a game like that.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
RimWorld would have been a good get for this month, but I'm also glad it's not since I already paid for it.
It’s clear MS chooses games based on the most played genres and types of games. For example there’s a visible bias towards co-op shooters, sports games, strategy games on PC, highly rated indies and more recently Cloud-friendly games (most likely because this is the fastest growing segment).

It won’t be to everyone’s tastes but it seems deliberate.
Don't forget sims. They are going deep with sim games and I love it.

Chukhopops

RimWorld would have been a good get for this month, but I'm also glad it's not since I already paid for it.

Don't forget sims. They are going deep with sim games and I love it.
I’m sure Rimworld will come to GP within six months, makes too much sense for the sub and the game might benefit from it too since it’s one of those games you have to try to understand.

Jennings

I’m sure Rimworld will come to GP within six months, makes too much sense for the sub and the game might benefit from it too since it’s one of those games you have to try to understand.
I really hope so. The only think keeping me from purchasing is my dislike of the fiddly Prison Architect console UI.

I'd like to try out the console Rimworld before buying. I'd settle for a 20 hour demo.

Last edited:

anthraticus

Banned
Wildlands blows ....enemy AI is the shits. Only good GR game which was a proper tactical shooter was the og with the Heroes Unleashed mod.

A lot of the popamolers on this forum would probably like Wildlands though.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I don't know if it's just that I have wildly different tastes from the average Gaffer or if my expectations are perpetually low, but this is another month where I'm pleasantly surprised by the games list, yet find that I'm in the minority.

Oh well.

No, you're definitely not wrong. You can look up basically every game pass announcement thread and you'll see the same couple of names with the same snark each time. It's like clockwork, regardless of what gets announced.

yamaci17

No, you're definitely not wrong. You can look up basically every game pass announcement thread and you'll see the same couple of names with the same snark each time. It's like clockwork, regardless of what gets announced.

1 aaa game like below every 3-4 months should be expected out of game pass

AC Valhalla. Would generate huge buzz around game pass after such a long drought. but nope, dear msoft cannot buckle up more money, i guess, instead let's put the wildlands which is an irrevelant game no one cares about
Cyberpunk 2077. Yes, you heard it right. Adding such a AAA game to game pass even for a short amount of time would be a great deal. The game at this point is nearly 2 years old. It would still generate buzz, since it recently got the nextgen patch..
Nier games / Nier Replicant / Automata back to the service. It would be somtehing solid.
Borderlands 3. Game was given away free on Epic already I'm sure it would be very cheap to put it into service at this point

I was so happy when they gradually added Hitman 3 and then GotG. These two games added a lot to the value of Game Pass back then.

heck, bring back RDR 2 from the dead. re-add it to game pass. make it more long lasting this time. do something.

fc5/wildlans... just smells like msoft paid some small time cash to ubisoft to rent their very old games at this point. yes they are AAA but they're way past their prime.
bring something like above, cyber, rdr 2 or valhalla. then you will see people like me (at least) be more positive towards it. i've highly appreciated game pass when gotg / hitman 3 was added. but since gotg, it all went downhill. it also does not help that their studios cannot deliver anything solid.

Top Bottom