• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Kentucky Route Zero, and More

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
It can definitely be done. It'll be a busy two weeks though. And you probably wont be able to grind every ending. But your mileage will vary based on how long you play games I guess.
Well I am on it now its worth a shot.

Loving game pass. I actually never thought I'd enjoyed it but its actually quite fun.

How do you get through every ending? New game or? If it's new game each time then I can't be bothered lol.

Well I am on it now its worth a shot.

Loving game pass. I actually never thought I'd enjoyed it but its actually quite fun.

How do you get through every ending? New game or? If it's new game each time then I can't be bothered lol.
It's a very convoluted process lol, trust me. I think there's 25 endings, most are just a humorous joke scene you can get. There's like 4-5 real endings. Ending 2 is a bit of a grind because you replay about half the game with a new character. Then after that, the endings actually move the story forward like a season 2 in an anime or something. It's pretty different.

If you get ending A in 2 weeks that's better than nothing. Can watch the rest on youtube if you want, but there is a lot of game left after that.

Riky

$MSFT
No other company has allowed owners of previous generation consoles to play current non-cross generation games. Kudos to MS for pushing the industry forward and doing something that benefits gamers, even the gamers that don't have the latest hardware.

Yes the best looking game ever made is now available to a lot more people, I'll have to try it on my Xbox One S.

K' Dash

Guardians Of The Galaxy Marvel GIF

RPS37

Haven’t actually played GOTG.
Being able to play it for (virtually) free (MS gave me 5 months of GO) is so dope.

Jaybe

Gold Member
GotG was my GotY. Glad for those that get to play it now who were on the fence or waiting for sale. I haven’t bought a game since getting my XSX at launch and probably won’t until my GPU sub expires Nov 2023. (GotG was a gift but I’ll probably stop requesting Xbox games).

TYRiAX

You think by now I would have the self control not to buy games (GotG in this case) until I'm ready to play them! Even if it was on sale. Oh well one day I'll learn

Y0ssarian

Banned
I am interested in Guardians of Galaxy. Is it a third person hack and slash/best em up?

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I tried xCloud a couple of weeks ago.
It wasn't just worse than launch, it was much worse.

They must have prioritized bandwidth towards more population-heavy areas, because my internet hasn't changed since then.

I find for me, I get a far more reliable connection and response from streaming on an xbox vs pc or tablet. It's also been very random on tablet/computer, one day ok, next day bad, not sure what makes it worse and less consistent. I've pretty much given up on it for now until they improve it, meanwhile console based is working really well.

Glad to see guardians this month, was interested in it for sure.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I am interested in Guardians of Galaxy. Is it a third person hack and slash/best em up?
It's a linear, narrative based 3rd person action game. It's like Uncharted in that regard. The combat you play as Star Lord, which involves blasting, dodging, and commanding your teammates. Each teammate has 4(3?) special abilities and you choose which to use and then they have a cooldown period. You sometimes solve puzzles by telling your squad to do certain actions, like Groot making a tree bridge to cross a gap. There's some smaller branching paths with loot, but it's mostly linear. The music, characters, and the writing are really great. Graphics are pretty good, too, depending on what platform you're on.

Last edited:

Y0ssarian

Banned
It's a linear, narrative based 3rd person action game. It's like Uncharted in that regard. The combat you play as Star Lord, which involves blasting, dodging, and commanding your teammates. Each teammate has 4(3?) special abilities and you choose which to use and then they have a cooldown period. You sometimes solve puzzles by telling your squad to do certain actions, like Groot making a tree bridge to cross a gap. There's some smaller branching paths with loot, but it's mostly linear. The music, characters, and the writing are really great. Graphics are pretty good, too, depending on what platform you're on.
Thank you fren

Tarnpanzer

Only downside with this game is, that performance-mode looks like ass.

One of the few games you want to play in quality-mode. 4 times the resolution and higher detail there.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The service is indeed nice, but it just sucks when games gets removed. I am forced to play through nier before it gets removed.

NGL that's more of a personal problem lol, the game has been on the service for 2 years and if you intend to purchase it, you will still be able to do it with a 20% discount before it gets taken off, so you have the option to buy it much cheaper anyway too via your GP subscription.

The_Mike

NGL that's more of a personal problem lol, the game has been on the service for 2 years and if you intend to purchase it, you will still be able to do it with a 20% discount before it gets taken off, so you have the option to buy it much cheaper anyway too via your GP subscription.
I have only had Game Pass for two years so it is kinda stressful to hit those games almost getting removed 😂 and I don't want to pay 47 euro for Nier.

Rumor is octopath traveler will be removed in April, and I also started on that. I am so stressed.

ManaByte

People don't seem to complain when things cycle off Netflix. But when the Xbox game subscription service does it, people seem to. I wonder why...?

kingfey

Banned
The service is indeed nice, but it just sucks when games gets removed. I am forced to play through nier before it gets removed.
That is a nice thing about gamepass. People are usually lazy to play the game, when its on the service for too long, like my owned games.
But when a game has a time limit, you to tend to complete it.

The_Mike

That is a nice thing about gamepass. People are usually lazy to play the game, when its on the service for too long, like my owned games.
But when a game has a time limit, you to tend to complete it.
I do prefer to take it in my own pace, especially if octopath leaves next month as well 😂

kingfey

Banned
I do prefer to take it in my own pace, especially if octopath leaves next month as well 😂
I tell that to my unfinished ps4 games.
I didn't even get to finish spiderman, because I was busy playing other games. I am 58% done. Need more free times to finish it.

Welcome to 1st world problems. Too much gaming and less time to play them

I am definitely excited about Guardians of the Galaxy. Need to take a break from Forza and Yakuza and play through this one.

Only downside with this game is, that performance-mode looks like ass.

One of the few games you want to play in quality-mode. 4 times the resolution and higher detail there.
It has a raytracing mode now that‘s arguably the better option out of the 3. But yeah the performance mode looks terrible unless you’re still using a 1080p TV.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Has anyone tried out cloud flight sim?

I think I may have fundamentally misunderstood what cloud streaming was going to bring to my Xbox Series S. I have played a couple of titles using the cloud and they seemed to perform as well on the cloud as installed directly on XSS (The Gunk) or even slightly better (Sable). In these cases I thought that there wouldn't be much of a difference regardless of hardware in how those games looked and ran, so they very well could have been streaming at XSX quality (with lower overall image quality due to the stream aspect).

I was pretty disappointed to see Flight Simulator seemed to look and perform worse streaming from the cloud than when it's locally installed on my XSS. Can anyone else confirm?

Again this isn't about the artifacts from streaming, but the fidelity and performance of the game being streamed. I have fiber internet, this definitely isn't an issue with my connection.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Sounds strange to even write this but… I always wanted to give FF13-3 a shot. I really didn’t like 13, skipped 13-2, but always wanted to play 3 because it was just lightning lol and you get lots of costumes. But when will I even find the time? Elden Ring and Horizon Forbidden West just came out and they are already taking all my time for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Very nice GOTG, I nearly got it for $30 lately but held back. I'll finally be motivated to launch a game on my Xbox that isn't Halo

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So Guardians and Avengers on GP at the same time? I'd usually expect the prequel to leave.

Also FS plays amazingly well on xCloud via my Xbox One ( kingpotato kingpotato )

Guardians and Avengers are not related in any way, I don't expect either of them to leave for a while.

Depending on whether they signed a 1 or 2 year deal for Avengers, it will still be up till the end of this year at least.

Guess I’ll pay for another month then.
That’s how they got me.

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Last edited:

reksveks

Thanks for the heads-up. I have no idea what is going on. I'd post a video, but last time I did that, people made a bunch of ad hominem.
I have a weird issue where my series s has a bunch of artifacting but my phone doesn't. It used to be good on both and then bad on both and now just bad on one.

Top Bottom