• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Pentiment, Football Manager 2023, Somerville, and More

They kind of buried the Monkey Island news a bit there.

For me personally this is a great list - one of the best ever for my personal taste. Can’t wait.

Havoc2049

I'm sticking with the heavy hitters in Sea of Thieves: Return of the Damned and the Winter Update in Halo Infinite. The last Sea of Thieves Adventure was really good and I'm looking forward to the conclusion. New Arena maps, a Spys vs Mercs type game mode, new XP progression system and Forge has me hyped for Halo Infinite. I'll also check out Pentiment, because it's Obsidian and looks interesting.

You know... you could... not pay monthly and resubscribe when something that interests you enters the service? You probably arent even subscribed.
You're right, "Phil the goat".... I am no longer subscribed. I was until recently and since it launched.

But when Xbox releases a game I DO want to play, like Starfield, I'm going to do something unheard-of. I'm not going to resub. I'm going to buy the actual game. Then I'll own the game, instead of continuing to rent it month after month.

Hating on this is why gaming at times can feel stagnant. The unique games get no love from the fans, just critics. Hopefully the gamepass bag helps these companies continue to create.

People are crying about remakes, remasters, another open world or boring sequels, but then they hate on Pentiment, Somerville or Monkey Island.

Maybe it's their shitty taste in games. Oh well.

Last edited:

poodaddy

A lot of these I haven't heard of but they seem interesting. Guess I'll check out about four of em here.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
There are some games that look interesting, and I will give them a try, but I have to finish a few games I've already started first.

Feel like there hasnt been big aaa games recently. Been waiting for Resident evil remakes since biohazard was there couple months ago. Even cyberpunk or BF 2042 was expected to some degree.

ungalo

Interesting indie games. Sommerville doesn't interest me that much though, since Inside those narrative plateformers feel bland. I'm waiting for the real Playdead game (which won't be in 2D).

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
People are crying about remakes, remasters, another open world or boring sequels, but then they hate on Pentiment, Somerville or Monkey Island.

Maybe it's their shitty taste in games. Oh well.
To be fair people are unhappy about the art style in monkey Island, and not the game itself.

Ozriel

M$FT
Really solid half-month list.

Pentiment had great previews, I’m definitely excited about Return to Monkey Island (had to triple check to confirm it was the new one) and at least I can get to try Vampire Survivors.

Tian ding sits at 81% MC and seems to be fun, so I’ll try that too.

Really good stuff.

Fredrik

No big ones but I see quite a few games I want to try.
Ghost Song, there was a really neat metroidvania demo released like a year ago or am I thinking about another game?

Markio128

Nothing to get my pulse racing. Any decent indie games, I’ll catch up on when I sub for Starfield next year.

Lots of people gushed over Tinykin and Tunic, maybe try to consider that people just don’t like the look of these specific games.

Then there are different ways to describe one's attitude towards certain games instead of calling them "shit" like some users do.
Because I've seen that behavior in every monthly Game Pass thread.

Markio128

Signalis is pretty good if you like survival horror and such.
It seems to have gained plenty of praise, but it’s very rare that I stick with retro style indie games through to the end. The only ones that I get addicted to are shmups - games like Resogun or Geometry Wars - soo good.

Lots of people gushed over Tinykin and Tunic, maybe try to consider that people just don’t like the look of these specific games.
Don’t mean to be picky, but that’s only really relevant if they were the same people.

I loved Tinykin, and Tunic wasn’t for me but I could see the appeal, and I also think this is one of the best Gamepass months in a long while. No evidence to back this up, but I’d bet the same people crying ‘shit’ this month cried ‘shit’ for Tinkykin and Tunic too. There’s nothing really wrong with it, but I think some people would definitely prefer a bad high budget/profile game over a great lower budget/profile game.

Personally don’t see how anyone looks at that list and finds nothing, but equally they will feel the same about me when I see a list loaded with Japanese nonsense and I think it’s terrible.

Markio128

The most interesting game for me on that list is Footy Manager, but I think it suits PC or even tablet more than console.

taihenner

Neo Member
A nice surprise to see Return To Monkey Island on there it's delightful. As far as the rest, I am very excited for Ghost Song and Somerville.

Killer8

Legend of Tianding is the highlight for the month but people here tend to sleep when presented with a good game.

tim and eric coma GIF

This happens in many XGP and PS+ threads. It's like if the game isn't a swinging dick AAAA release, people turn their noses up at it.

It's sad that people are so insulated in their big budget bubble.

You're right, "Phil the goat".... I am no longer subscribed. I was until recently and since it launched.

But when Xbox releases a game I DO want to play, like Starfield, I'm going to do something unheard-of. I'm not going to resub. I'm going to buy the actual game. Then I'll own the game, instead of continuing to rent it month after month.
🤡 why am I not surprised

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Wait?
When was Vampire Survivors even announced for consoles?

Was in in early access or ID@Xbox and this is a full release?
Not that the game costs alot but free crack is still crack

vampire-saviors-button-01-1643786841675.jpg

clarky

Gold Member
Summerville looks fantastic, hopefully it's as good as an experience as Inside or along those lines. That game was dope.

Last edited:
Top Bottom