• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Pentiment, Football Manager 2023, Somerville, and More

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I've heard good things about Vampire Survivors as well.

I didn't know Vampire Survivors was coming to console.

Vampire Survivors

Vampire Survivors

Vampire Survivors

Vampire Survivors

lJr18Mx.jpg

Topher

Gold Member
Why is FM 2023 Console down as available on PC as well?

Because it is on the Windows store for PC?

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
You're right, "Phil the goat".... I am no longer subscribed. I was until recently and since it launched.

But when Xbox releases a game I DO want to play, like Starfield, I'm going to do something unheard-of. I'm not going to resub. I'm going to buy the actual game. Then I'll own the game, instead of continuing to rent it month after month.
That's great news. Hopefully this means you won't be complaining in these Game Pass threads every month anymore.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Vampire survivors is goty but it was 2$ on steam.... and it was kinda better in early access. They added a bit too much crap :p

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cant wait to try Vampire Savior. Was going to Gamepass PC it, but didn't bother as people say moving around using a mouse is shit. However, I was going to test it out using it as I dont have a PC gamepad.

Thank god for an Xbox release.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Damn I was likely going to buy return to monkey island soon. Guess I can once again save my money. 🥳
Unless you are totally itching to buy a low key or indie game asap, always test the waters waiting for a Game Pass release as some of them come day one on GP. Dont bother wasting time pre-ordering as a Game Pass announcement is random. Sometimes it'll be months and months ahead as a planned GP promo. Other times, a game gets a last minute GP announcement near launch.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Is it just me or have these offerings become less and less impressive? There's nothing there I would consider paying for personally.
The big names already went to GP. Microsoft knows that, today, the service is more for the passive agressive player, not to really catch new subscribers.

They're the anti-Amazon

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Quite a few of the humble games coming over to GP. #1 challenge of GP: Trying to find time to play all of the games that look interesting. :messenger_beaming:

Tell me about it. I left Prodeus in the middle when Plague Tale came out, need to get back to that. Still going through Persona 5 Royal a few in-game days at a time, just finished Signalis a day or two ago. There's the new Amnesia game I've never played, Return to Monkey Island is coming in a few days, Pentiment and Somerville coming soon.

DaGwaphics

Tell me about it. I left Prodeus in the middle when Plague Tale came out, need to get back to that. Still going through Persona 5 Royal a few in-game days at a time, just finished Signalis a day or two ago. There's the new Amnesia game I've never played, Return to Monkey Island is coming in a few days, Pentiment and Somerville coming soon.

I'm still working on Plague Tale which I'm having a lot of fun with (they really out did themselves with the new ways of getting the rats out of the way). There are always at least 3 or 4 games a month that I want to get to, but I end up only completing a couple of them.

Last edited:

Stuart360

I get some of the complaint about the level of games coming to Gamepass recently (although depending on what you like, this month is actually pretty stellar) but this year is easily one of the worst 2 or 3 years for games in my 30+ years of gaming. Covid has turned this year into a ghost town games wise.

fallingdove

Legend of Tianding is the highlight for the month but people here tend to sleep when presented with a good game.

tim and eric coma GIF
Checked out Tianding last night. It’s an average Metroidvania in a sea of average Metroidvanias. Worth sleeping on. 🙂

Another weak GamePass haul. It is seriously starting to feel like a rebranded, more expensive, games with gold…

mdkirby

Ooo Somerville and monkey island. Finally a reason to boot up the seriesX, it’s been gathering dust and cat hair for months.

CamHostage

I hope Pentiment goes well against projections. It's probably not for me, but I really like Xbox taking a chance on a small project and giving the team that exercise opportunity. (I wish all three console manufacturers were taking small chances like this, particularly with their brands that are sitting on the shelves unused.)

Top Bottom