• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming soon to Xbox Game Pass: Total War: Three Kingdoms, Naraka: Bladepoint, Far Cry 5, and more

Draugoth

Gold Member

Available Today

• Shadowrun Trilogy (Cloud and Console) ID@Xbox
  • Total War: Three Kingdoms (PC)

Coming Soon

FIFA 22 (Console and PC) EA Play – June 23
Naraka: Bladepoint (Cloud, Console, and PC) – June 23
Far Cry 5 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 1

New Touch Controls:

- Broken Age
- Bugsnax
- Chinatown Detective Agency
- Kraken Academy!!
- Life is Strange: True Colors
- Ninja Gaiden ∑
- Ninja Gaiden ∑2
- Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge
- The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk
- The Last Kids on Earth

FVx0R_ZWIAE64GS

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
  • Shadowrun Trilogy (Cloud and Console) ID@Xbox
  • Total War: Three Kingdoms (PC)
    Naraka: Bladepoint (Cloud, Console, and PC) – June 23
    Far Cry 5 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 1

Damn. Besides FIFA, which I don't care for personally, that's a pretty good list.

Reminder: Far Cry 5 does support FPS boost on the new consoles but it drops to ~1080p to do it, instead of the 4K/30 FPS One X enhancement, if you toggle it on.

Far Cry 5 was not known. I've never tried one, so I might play it for a bit. Not expecting much; not really my thing.

I've downloaded Naraka, but I'm not expecting much. Hopefully it's fun for a bit.

Never played any Shadowrun games. I have that downloaded as well. Low expectations, but I'll give it a shot.

Jennings

Anybody know how well Shadowrun and Total War play with a controller? I'd subscribe for a month to play those on my Xbox.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
What a shame because the game is still gorgeous imo.

Is 4k 30fps as per the 1x patch.

1440x1080 60fps when fps boost enabled.

Ubi have not done a patch.

Its a hard choice because the 4k does make a big difference with this game, but 60fps is pretty much required for fps games.

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
Is 4k 30fps as per the 1x patch.

1440x1080 60fps when fps boost enabled.

Ubi have not done a patch.

Its a hard choice because the 4k does make a big difference with this game, but 60fps is pretty much required for fps games.

1440/60 isn't bad though. Is it at least 60 locked?

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
I bought Far Cry 3 back when it came out because so many people were saying how good it was. I hated it. Far cry 5 looked really interesting to me, but I didn't buy because of how much I hated Far Cry 3. Looking forward to trying it on Game Pass for Free*

Tbh FC5 has a really good story. It's one that is very much worth playing. The ending is... Well... You'll see Hahaha.

amigastar

I wish they would add Total War: Warhammer 1-3 on Game Pass when Immortal Empires Beta gets released in August.

killatopak

Gold Member
Played Far Cry 5 on my PS
Played Far Cry 5 on my PC

Time to play Far Cry 5 on Xbox.

I don't know why I do this to myself.

Only bad thing about far cry 5 was the forced capture sequences.
Having legit npc human sidekicks was the best thing far cry did and legit was why I abandon 6 because ubi chose to go with animals instead.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I think I got shadowrun 1 somewhere but I am definitely gonna play them on Xbox.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
FarCry 5 is FPS boosted isn't it?

Yep but it needs to drop to One S settings on Series X.

It's a massive improvement for Series S owners tho, who get double the performance at the same IQ they had before.

I hope people will give Broken Age a go.
It was an unusual plot and character world.
Some non sequitur puzzles, That wasn’t too challenging and a great “OMG” plot twist mid way. Great art, old school animation and music.

Havoc2049

Anybody know how well Shadowrun and Total War play with a controller? I'd subscribe for a month to play those on my Xbox.
I've played and finished Shadowrun on the PC when it first came out and I'm about an hour into the Xbox version and it plays great with the controller. Took just a few minutes to figure everything out, then I was blazing through the combat with no problem. Just like the PC version, the game has a great digital instruction manual, so it's easy to figure everything out if you miss it in the tutorial. Excellent port so far.

Forgot how great the soundtrack is in Shadowrun.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I've played and finished Shadowrun on the PC when it first came out and I'm about an hour into the Xbox version and it plays great with the controller. Took just a few minutes to figure everything out, then I was blazing through the combat with no problem. Just like the PC version, the game has a great digital instruction manual, so it's easy to figure everything out if you miss it in the tutorial. Excellent port so far.

Forgot how great the soundtrack is in Shadowrun.
I'm excited to get home and play this. Haven't played any of the games in the trilogy.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
A shame Shadowrun released in such broken state (judging by ACG's review), I was planning to replay it on the console. Now I'm hoping they won't abandon this port.

Kagey K

Banned
A shame Shadowrun released in such broken state (judging by ACG's review), I was planning to replay it on the console. Now I'm hoping they won't abandon this port.
What's wrong with it?

At work so I can't check reviews and haven't played it yet.

Havoc2049

What's wrong with it?

At work so I can't check reviews and haven't played it yet.
ACG's overall review was positive. Most of the complaints were the early 2000's old school trapings of the game and isometric CRPG genre itself from that time period. He did mention some slow down here and there and the game crashed a few times on him. He said that he himself enjoyed the game, but your average video game player might not enjoy it. If your a western RPG fan, then you'll probably enjoy it. The genre itself has always been know for a few bugs here and there. I've been playing the Skyrim Anniversary Edition here recently and that game has crashed on me a handful of times in about 50 hours of gameplay so far. For me anyways, a few crashes here and there is no big deal if I'm enjoying the game.

Roberts

Nothing about that game is good IMO but I thought 6 was rubbish as well so you may like it.

What annoyed me about 5 is that it is obviously set-up as provocation and then never explores it at all. So toothlessly apolitical. But as a game it is just about as good as 3 and 4. You are either into that or you are not.

Rockondevil

I'll definitely give FC5 a go. Don't mind messing about in Far Cry but I for some reason skipped 5.
Hope the story is good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom