• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming soon to XboxGamePass: As Dusk Falls, Watch Dogs 2, Inside, and more!

Draugoth

Gold Member
FX82qM-XgAQaEsX

July 19
- Watch Dogs 2
- As Dusk Falls
- Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation

July 21
- MotoGP 22
- Torment: Tides Of Numenera

July 29
- INSIDE

New titles with Xbox Touch Control support:

- Lost In Random

- Spacelines from the Far Out

- Umurangi Generation

- Yakuza 0/Kiwami/K2
FX82_joXkAI1fO1

- Citizen Sleeper
- Disc Room
- Escape Academy
- Garden Story
- Little Witch in the Woods (Game Preview)
- Lost In Random
- Spacelines from the Far Out
- Umurangi Generation
- Yakuza 0/Kiwami/K2
- As Dusk Falls

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Watch_Dogs 2 is amazing, highly overlooked game. Sadly it never got a One X patch so it runs and looks like shite.

Edit so more people won't quote me without checking the rest of the thread: I was wrong! It got FPS boost on Series console. Resolution still in the shitter.

Last edited:
Touch controls for Citizen Sleeper is a great fit. That game is absolutely amazing. I listen to the OST every other day too.

As for the list, pretty meh. Already have Torment, Inside and Watch Dogs 2. They're all pretty good though so I can't really say it's a bad two weeks. Watch Dogs 2 with FPS boost is neat.

Hoping Dusk Falls doesn't fully shit the bed. I like that it seems original. Never really seen a game like it, so fingers crossed I guess.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Watch Dogs 2 is the best of the Watch Dogs games. It’s basically a video game of the 90s Hackers movie.

Don't tell me things like that, I might have to actually play it.

Dusk Falls choose your own adventure thing might be cool.
Apparently it's multiplayer. Might have to let my girlfriend hang out with me.

Sounds like people should just literally expect a comic / movie with choice and QTEs. I don't think you have any other gameplay. Almost a multimedia project more than a true game.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

Watch Dogs 2 is the best of the Watch Dogs games. It’s basically a video game of the 90s Hackers movie.
imo the first one is better, the game has its own identity while in the second it lost that "grim" identity to look more like a GTA with hacking, now that the game as FPS boost i may give it a second shot.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Don't tell me things like that, I might have to actually play it.
It completely is Hackers. It’s the most lighthearted of the WD games and the writing is really good. It’s a group of unique characters basically hacking the San Francisco big tech. It’s the best cast of the series and the gameplay is damn fun. It’s great to set off fights between the cops and gangs in a hideout, sit back and let them kill each other, and then just go in and mop up the objective once they’re all dead.

Chukhopops

Really curious to try Sins of a Solar Empire, 93% positive opinions on Steam.

As Dusk Falls is the big question mark of the batch, MS feels confident about it but I’ll wait until I try it.

Wishing good luck to people who will play Disc Room on the Cloud with touch controls, game is great but I can’t imagine playing with any latency at all, must be a nightmare.

Kataploom

Gold Member
So basically a month for classic PC gaming crows, cool, not my thing but those games have been needing some recognitions lately

anthony2690

Banned

As Dusk Falls is reviewing a LOT better than I expected by the looks off it, looks like some thing my other half would enjoy.

Not a good game pass month for myself, but an absolutely incredible month for my other half.

Games she has been playing/finished:
House Flipper (finished 100% including the garden flipper dlc)
Power Wash Simulator
Escape Academy

Games she is interested in/not yet installed:
As Dusk Falls
Road 96
Life Is Strange True Colours (I know it was a prior month, but she hasn't got round too it, she can't keep up) bless her.

Last edited:

reksveks

Roberts

Yeah, even with that shitty res, I finally played WD2 when it got fps boost and had a blast. It’s way more lighthearted than 1 and 3, but still tense, exciting when it needs to be. I guess it helped that I have fond memories of visiting SF, too.

Otherwise nothing for me as I have played Inside, have Torment and only slightly curious about As Dusk Falls.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
An interesting story is important for a game like this, but yeah the flapping JPEG art style looks like it'll get grating quick.
I'm just expecting a comic. I watched a few comics in VR recently and they're not that bad if you ever read comics in the past. Showcases the specific storyboard shots and artwork more, and has some limited motion elements.

Last edited:
Play inside, might be the best game you play this year outside of elden ring...to some it may even be better. Can't express how good the game is. All time great game.

manfestival

This seems like a fine month. I would recommend sins of a solar empire. The game is fantastic but definitely not for everyone. Worth giving a shot if you like strategy. Especially 4x Strategy.

Jaybe

I’ll give As Dusk Falls a run.
Inside is fantastic but I also already own it and it goes on sale for like $5 often.
WD2 I may try out. Haven’t done any WD games.

Also:

Leaving July 31

Dodgeball Academia (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Katamari Damacy Reroll (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Lumines Remastered (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Omno (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Raji: An Ancient Epic (Cloud, Console, and PC)

I’ll give As Dusk Falls a run.
Inside is fantastic but I also already own it and it goes on sale for like $5 often.
WD2 I may try out. Haven’t done any WD games.

Also:

Leaving July 31

Might have to cram in some more time on Omno. It's not that great, but I played 2 hours and was slightly into it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Leaving July 31

Dodgeball Academnia is the only one of those I played.

Also, Raji is leaving but a newer console enhanced version of Raji is also coming to game pass on the 20th, which isn't mentioned in this press release.

So they're just trading the last gen version for a new gen one.

Dodgeball Academnia is the only one of those I played.

Also, Raji is leaving but a newer console enhanced version of Raji is also coming to game pass on the 20th, which isn't mentioned in this press release.

So they're just trading the last gen version for a new gen one.

I turned on Raji and lasted for like 5 minutes before deleting it.

luv Watch Dogs 2. At this point the only way u can interact with the world of GTA, is by punching or shooting ppl.

WD2 fixes that and lets u do a variety of things. WD Legion kinda dumbed it down

Jennings

Inside is a 2-3 hour game you'll finish in one sitting. Worth the time it takes to complete when you just want to zone out, press right, and not think for a while.

Ashes of the Singularity is listed in text but Sins of a Solar Empire's box art is shown. Not sure if they're both coming or what, but Ashes is trash tier and Sins is a 5/5 strategy game.

Watchdogs 2 is good for a while but wears out its welcome about halfway through. It's a great time waster early on though as long as you don't care about interesting characters or story. Just pop the map open and clear objectives while you wander the open world map doing open world map things.

I haven't tried the others. As Dusk Falls might be interesting because I've never played an interactive movie. Moto GP probably won't be arcadey enough for my tastes but I'll try it on cloud. And I own Torment and have it in my backlog.

Last edited:
Been meaning to try out the DLCs for Watch Dogs 2 since they came out but never got around to it and the price drops have been minimal, anyone played them?

reksveks

how odes the multiplayer work in as dusk falls?
As far as I understand it is the group voting for the persons action at all times. You ain't assigned to a character. You can have a number of overrides. If you are the same WiFi, can use your phone as a controller via a companion app.

If you are a twitch streamer, integrations are there for that as well.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
As far as I understand it is the group voting for the persons action at all times. You ain't assigned to a character. You can have a number of overrides. If you are the same WiFi, can use your phone as a controller via a companion app.

If you are a twitch streamer, integrations are there for that as well.
cool, is there a review thread for it?

Top Bottom