• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming soon to XboxGamePass: Immortality, Tinykin, Immortals Fenyx Rising, and More!

Roberts

I like Midnight Fight Express a lot. Clearly an improvement over My Friend Pedro at least in a way that I'm more enthusiastic about completing the game instead of just playing one level here and one level there. That said, I'm half-way through and still trying to memorise certain moves. It is quite possible to progress just by button mashing (at least on normal), but the game gives you motivation to be creative with kills.

reksveks

Immortality reviews dropping

Not dunking in the following but I am finding it kinda funny. I say this as someone who bounced off her story when I tried to play it, I wasnt in the right mood/space to play it.

L8PLNy6.jpg

Immortality reviews dropping

Not dunking in the following but I am finding it kinda funny. I say this as someone who bounced off her story when I tried to play it, I wasnt in the right mood/space to play it.

L8PLNy6.jpg
Yeah, 90% chance this is me. I'd add 99% chance the acting is very bad.

Belthazar

I was really hyped for tinykin until I discovered it was a pikmin clone instead of a full platformer, so... Immortal Fenyx Rising and Immortality for me.

Roberts

It's not like my opinion counts for anything, but I would seriously recommend Immortals Fenyx Rising to folks who like open world games, reasonably challenging, inventive (if a bit samey) puzzles and are not interested in complicated, talky stories. The combat is intuitive and in some ways more interesting than usual Ubisoft fare - it controls well and is fun. Also, the world is not overly large - your "home" is a huge tower and you can see more or less the whole map from it.

Last edited:

reksveks

So immortality, I'm just watching videos, to unlock more videos and eventually I can watch the whole story?
You watch the videos and find the linking videos using the y button and choosing the item/person. Then you need to put together the pieces of the puzzle.

You might want to get a notebook and a pen

Last edited:
So immortality, I'm just watching videos, to unlock more videos and eventually I can watch the whole story?
This guy's previous games (Her Story, Telling Lies) were basically at a virtual desktop PC with a bunch of folders and video files you can watch. Or search keywords to try and find various things in the video library. Like zero guidance on what to look for or why.

I can imagine that people that truly figure it all out on their own will feel a large sense of accomplishment.

Haven't tried Immortality just yet.

reksveks

Put in two hours into immortality so far, enjoying it.

Might need to create an excel sheet to track the scenes, enjoying one of the movies in it

cormack12

Gold Member
You watch the videos and find the linking videos using the y button and choosing the item/person. Then you need to put together the pieces of the puzzle.

You might want to get a notebook and a pen
You can't seem to move them though? To put them in a sequence, or does it do it by itself as you unlock them?

Some nice tiddies so far

reksveks

You can't seem to move them though? To put them in a sequence, or does it do it by itself as you unlock them?

Some nice tiddies so far
It won't be a single movie but it would go chronological as you unlock the videos.

You should seen scenes of Minsky line up one after another afterwards but the way that you unlock those scenes obviously depends on what you focus on. I went down a path of the 'Two of Everything' scenes for a while.

Saw the tiddies as well.

Last edited:

Jaybe

Gold Member
Ran into a glitch on Midnight Fight where when I go to the next level I can't move or fight. I just stand there and get punched by enemies. Nothing I do seems to fix it.
Heard reports of it having bugs like, just not sure how prevalent they are. Not sure if the developer is communicating on patches and known issues.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I've never been able to get past the initial loading in Midnight Fight lol, I got hit with the loading bug for which they say you need to change your profile picture to bypass it.

No way I'm going to do that.

Jaybe

Gold Member
Going to give Tinykin and Immortality a shot.

Speaking of not being able to get into a game, I tried Immortals Fenyx Rising… fucking Ubisoft wants an Ubisoft Connect login to play the game. Tried what I thought it would be and nope wrong password, not before it boots me out so that I need to enter back in my long email address again. Try to go to to offline mode, start up the game, and it insists on being online to play. I don’t remember any of this crap with AC Origins two months ago. I feel like most of these companies have it seamless with a Xbox Live. I can understand the need for a cross platform multiplayer to have a signin but not a single player game. Anyhow, hope Ubi is compensated on hours played because I just deleted it. I can’t be bothered with this shit.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Anyone tried Tinykin?

Looks pretty fun from the trailer even if I'm not a fan of the main characters design.

Bought it on Steam but have not had the time to play it today.

As I said earlier though the demo I played of this kinda put Pikmin to shame just in terms of sheer instant engagement (quests, platforming, collectibles, etc) and ease-of-play. Loved it and can't wait to get stuck in.

anthony2690

Banned
Bought it on Steam but have not had the time to play it today.

As I said earlier though the demo I played of this kinda put Pikmin to shame just in terms of sheer instant engagement (quests, platforming, collectibles, etc) and ease-of-play. Loved it and can't wait to get stuck in.

Awesome to hear, I'll be checking this out after soup hackers 2!

Started Fenix Rising in story mode and this game is moving along really fast. Lots of puzzles so far. Game is almost adorable.
Had to go dig up my Ubisoft account and link my xbox.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Ok no fucking way - Tinykin didn’t register with me here but I’ve just ‘found’ the game on a Switch review separately and my god it looks fucking amazing - 100% very positive reviews on Steam 🤯 looks inspired by the N64 generation, incredible. What a get for Game Pass.

T-Cake

Ok no fucking way - Tinykin didn’t register with me here but I’ve just ‘found’ the game on a Switch review separately and my god it looks fucking amazing - 100% very positive reviews on Steam 🤯 looks inspired by the N64 generation, incredible. What a get for Game Pass.

It is incredible. Most fun I've had since January when I played Astro's Playroom. I love these kinds of games yet I won't entertain a Nintendo Switch at all.

Roberts

Yeah, I had time to play Tinykin for 30 minutes or so and got instantly hooked. It's like a 3D version of The Wild at Heart and probably some N64 era games that I never got to play.

chixdiggit

Trying to decide what I have time for here. Thought I would share the info:

Time to complete:
  • Immortal Fenyx Rising 25 hours
  • Tinykin 6 hours
  • Immortality 7 hours
  • Midnight Fight 4 hours
  • Coffee Talk 4 hours

Roberts

Trying to decide what I have time for here. Thought I would share the info:

Time to complete:
  • Immortal Fenyx Rising 25 hours
  • Tinykin 6 hours
  • Immortality 7 hours
  • Midnight Fight 4 hours
  • Coffee Talk 4 hours

Midnight Fight Express in 4 hours is a bit too optimistic. 40 levels and even if you never die, it will still take about 8 min per level on average.

Kagey K

Banned
Immortality has me very confused. I just reached the end credits and haven't watched 80% of the clips.

I was still watching the clips from the 1st movie.

reksveks

Immortality has me very confused. I just reached the end credits and haven't watched 80% of the clips.

I was still watching the clips from the 1st movie.
You need to 'image search' a bit more I guess. There is at least three films if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom