• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Xbox Game Pass: Assassin’s Creed Origins, For Honor: Marching Fire Edition, and More

A.Romero

If you have a XSX you can put the disc in and play it. Much better version than what's included here.

Nice. I don't currently have an XSX but might bite during the mid gen refresh (if there is any). I game mostly on PC so it has been hard to justify the spending (although Gamepass is such a good deal is so tempting...)

Kagey K

Banned
I was never buying this version of NG, but since it's "free" I guess I'm going to have to give it a go now, also looks like its time to go finish Greedfall.

Exanthus

Banned
Chorus...

Twitch Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez GIF by GIPHY News

Yup, I had a good feeling it was going to arrive sooner or later. Looking forward to diving into that one

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Chorus is a great add, I had the issues with the demo because it lacked a proper tutorial how to fly (afaik they were later missions and Chorus plays differently to most games I'm used to), but I'd be willing to try it from the very beginning.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
I am playing Sniper Elite....IT is basically WW2 Hitman game. Sneaking and killing, and putting fools in boxes.
Yeah it's fun. I played it a bit more and liking it a lot.

This is a good start to the month too. I'm wondering what will be the drops at the ms presentation. Hoping for some more good shit!

Is Origin worth setting aside Elden Ring for a while? I'm a bit frustrated with Elden Ring But don't want to quit just put on hold.

Lognor

Banned
Bethesda is different. This is on ftc radar. It wont drop on gamepass that fast, until it has the green light.
Agreed. And let's not forget there may be issues with newer cod games due to Sony having marketing rights. Sony might have first right of refusal to add to a subscription service.

kingfey

Banned
Agreed. And let's not forget there may be issues with newer cod games due to Sony having marketing rights. Sony might have first right of refusal to add to a subscription service.
Only newer games. Any past COD would hit gamepass. Sony has the marketing for the newer releases. 1 year is the limit from resident evil 8. So Vanguard and any past games would drop on gamepass.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Only newer games. Any past COD would hit gamepass. Sony has the marketing for the newer releases. 1 year is the limit from resident evil 8. So Vanguard and any past games would drop on gamepass.
If one year is the limit for re8, where is it on game pass?! I expected it to release this month(may). I was wrong. Is ms holding it for their presentation in June?

kingfey

Banned
If one year is the limit for re8, where is it on game pass?! I expected it to release this month(may). I was wrong. Is ms holding it for their presentation in June?
I think they are holding for this event. MS would drop couple of big AAA this event, like they did last year. Its why march-april-may was kinda dry.

I wouldn't be surprised if they give us cyberpunk2077.

Jaybe

Gold Member
No one really knows with RE8 specifically. Sony could have got wise and extended the restriction period. Or they may have the first right of refusal for subscription services for the game should Capcom want to put it on a service. Or perhaps Capcom would now prefer to wait longer before agreeing to a be added to any service.

There should be SOOO many more Xbox One games being patched for 4k/60 fps and put up on GamePass ...MS, this is a huge missed opportunity for you! MS should be working with 3rd parties to patch games using FPS boost. Come on man- mafia remake, dishonored 2/outsider dlc, every far cry and AC game, all the call of duty games including from the 360, every Bethesda published game, etc

Microsoft could be the ONLY place to have access to high resolution/framerate, high quality backwards compatibility. on Gamepass

But ...instead MS shuts down their BC program

kingfey

Banned
There should be SOOO many more Xbox One games being patched for 4k/60 fps and put up on GamePass ...MS, this is a huge missed opportunity for you! MS should be working with 3rd parties to patch games using FPS boost. Come on man- mafia remake, dishonored 2/outsider dlc, every far cry and AC game, all the call of duty games including from the 360, every Bethesda published game, etc

Microsoft could be the ONLY place to have access to high resolution/framerate, high quality backwards compatibility. on Gamepass

But ...instead MS shuts down their BC program
You cant force other companies to do what they dont want to. Plus tons of studios got shutdown, so some games have no owners, or in legal problems.

FrozenFlame

All games except ones tied up in deals. For example, The Evil Within 2 had a deal with Sony at the time, but once that expired it was in Game Pass.

To be clear, my point is that they didn't unloaded all Bethesda games at once. Like I said, I highly doubt they'll put ALL COD games in one day

Man, Tecmo-Koei really did the minimum required for the Gaiden Master collection, like, holy shit, Sigma 1 is a straight-ass port from the PS3, meaning, it doesn't even have rumble function for Christ's sake (DS3 wasn't even a thing when it came out), Sigma 2 is, well, sigma 2 - they couldn't even be arsed to port the ps Vita version where they introduced gore back in with NG3RE being the sole exception of a "good" port since it looks better than the other available versions (not that it makes the game any better).

Also : they took the multiplayer part of 2 and 3 out (why?), Sigma 1 still has those awful lol-worthy in-game 1-2 seconds loading screens which completely break the action/flow, there is dropped inputs everywhere and the camera...oh man, I don't remember the camera being that bad, for some reason it's way worse than vanilla ninja Gaiden black if that's even possible (and I finished Black for the Nth time on my xsx 2 months ago).

This collection feels like a last minute hack job, it's like they don't give a shit about this particular franchise anymore.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oh shit, I thought it was the normal edition of the game on game pass.

But the Deluxe upgrade is free on game pass as well:

The Deluxe Pack includes:

- The Ambush at Sea mission - The Desert Cobra pack (Including 1 outfit, 2 legendary weapons, 1 legendary shield and 1 mount) - 3 Ability points

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It's not surprising, but a little disappointing. AC:Origins on PC does NOT feature achievements and will require Ubisoft Connect to install.
VCrESMR.jpg

Have fun and enjoy it everyone.

yamaci17

it arrived on pc game pass, works perfect without any issue, no launch issues, crashes or anything like that. as expected, gp gives a licence for ubi connect so game launches on ubi connect instead of xbox

performance seems stable, 90-100 fps at 1512p and 65 fps at 2160p. 3060ti

ABtGhoB.jpg

REXh0OD.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom