• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Xbox Game Pass: Gungrave G.O.R.E, Warhammer 40,000: Darktide, Dune: Spice Wars, and More

Draugoth

Gold Member
TW_Coming-Soon_11.15.2022-fd2a350280c8ea41a86f.jpg

The spice must flow…
and so should the games. We have some bangers for you on day one (don’t forget you can play Pentiment and Somerville today!), co-op games, strategy games, RPGs, and more. Compare priority lists of games with your friends, and get your pre-installs set for what’s coming soon. Let’s get to the games!

Available Today

Pentiment (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Available on day one with Game Pass:
Jump into the world of illuminated manuscripts and play as Andreas Maler, a journeyman artist living in 16th century Bavaria. Get caught up in the murder and scandals happening in the town of Tassing and leave your mark on this community with repercussions you will experience over the following 25 years in the game.

Somerville (Cloud, Console and PC)
In the wake of catastrophe, you must find the means to make your family whole again. Somerville is a Sci-Fi adventure grounded in the intimate repercussions of a large-scale conflict.

Coming Soon

Dune: Spice Wars (Game Preview) (PC) – November 17
A 4X real-time strategy game from the developers of the critically acclaimed Northgard. Set in Frank Herbert’s groundbreaking Dune universe, you must lead your faction and battle for control and dominance over the harsh desert planet of Arrakis. ‘The Air & Sand Update is also coming November 17, adding new layers of strategy with military flying units and new buildings, along with improvements across the board.

Dune: Spice Wars (Game Preview)

Ghostlore (Game Preview) (PC) – November 17
Ghostlore is an ‘Eastpunk’ Action-RPG where you fight monsters from Southeast-Asian folklore. Inspired by timeless classic ARPG’s such as Diablo 2 and Titan Quest, Ghostlore offers a detailed item and character customization system, procedurally generated maps, and an authentically retro 90’s aesthetic.

Lapin (Cloud, Console, and PC) – November 17
Lapin is a 2D platformer game featuring a group of brave rabbit explorers. Five rabbits used to live under a park, but construction forced them to leave their beloved hole. Players need to help Liebe and her friends explore the world with precise control. Meet new friends, remember past events, and hop on to the end of the adventure!

Norco (Cloud and Console) – November 17
The award-winning Southern Gothic point & click narrative adventure game Norco is coming soon to Game Pass, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. Your brother Blake has gone missing in the aftermath of your mother’s death. In the hopes of finding him, you must follow a fugitive security android through the refineries, strip malls, and drainage ditches of suburban New Orleans.

Gungrave G.O.R.E (Cloud, Console, and PC) – November 22
Stylish third-person shooting meets close-range martial arts, creating seamlessly flowing action as you crush your enemies in a gory ballet of bullets. Utilize your unlimited ammo Cerberus pistols and your transformable EVO-coffin to unleash devastating combos in pursuit of maximum damage and style.

Gungrave G.O.R.E

Insurgency: Sandstorm (Cloud and Console) – November 29
Battle in the war-torn environments of a contemporary conflict through a series of intense co-op and PvP multiplayer modes. Feel every bullet and fear every impact in fierce close quarters combat as your team fights toward victory.

Soccer Story (Cloud, Console, and PC) – November 29
Soccer Story is a physics-driven adventure RPG, where every problem can be solved with your trusty magic ball. Along the way, you’ll need to best bad guys in 1v1s, compete in a range of sports (with your soccer ball, of course), and solve puzzles with your brain and your balls!

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide (PC) – November 30
Available on day one with PC Game Pass:
Take back the city of Tertium from hordes of bloodthirsty foes in this intense and brutal action shooter. Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is the new co-op focused experience from the award-winning team behind the Vermintide series. As Tertium falls, Rejects Will Rise.

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

In Case You Missed It

Vampire Survivors (Cloud) – Available now
Jump straight into the action, mow down thousands of night creatures, and survive until dawn! The gothic-horror world of Vampire Survivors will throw relentless hordes of monsters at you: make the right choices, or rely on your skills and favorite weapons to turn the tide and quickly snowball against your enemies.

DLC / Game Updates

The Elder Scrolls Online: Firesong – Available Today
Conclude the year-long Legacy of the Bretons saga in The Elder Scrolls Online: Firesong, available starting today for Xbox consoles. Discover an all-new zone, the mysterious island of Galen, and storyline that dives deep into the lives and lore of the druids of the Systres who call Galen home. Plus, Game Pass members can save up to 10% off their purchase of Crowns to use towards the Firesong DLC!

The Elder Scrolls Online: Dark Heart of Skyrim Celebration – November 17 to November 29
Summon up your courage and return to the snow-capped mountains of Western Skyrim to obtain extraordinary rewards during The Elder Scrolls Online’s Dark Heart of Skyrim Celebration in-game event, starting November 17 at 10AM EST and running until November 29 at 10AM EST. Learn more here!

Dead by Daylight: Forged in Fog – November 22
So begins an age of Fog, and those forged within it. Game Pass members can save 10% off Dead by Daylight’s Forged In Fog Chapter, featuring a new Killer. The Knight, a new Survivor, Vittorio Toscano, as well as a new free Map, The Shattered Square.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks

MultiVersus: MVP Pack Drop 2– November 15
The MultiVersus MVP Pack is a free in-game bundle available for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members. Each drop, enjoy a new epic variant, epic ringout effect, and a rare banner on us! This Perk content requires MultiVersus to use.

Xbox Touch Controls Added to 15 More Games

Xbox Touch Controls Added to 15 More Games

Ultimate members, 15 more games are available now with touch controls via Xbox Cloud Gaming including Pentiment on day one! Jump into these games at xbox.com/play via browser, Xbox Game Pass app for Android, or Xbox app for PC – no controller required!

Amnesia: CollectionGhost Song
Amnesia: RebirthImmortals Fenyx Rising
Assassin’s Creed OdysseyOpus: Echo of Starsong
Assassin’s Creed OriginsPentiment
DC League of Super Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and AceScorn
Disney Dreamlight ValleySoma
Football Manager 2023 ConsoleYou Suck at Parking
Fuga: Melodies of Steel

Leaving November 30

The following games will be leaving the Game Pass library soon. Be sure to jump back in to wrap up any loose ends, or you can also use your membership discount so save up to 20% to keep them in your library.

• Archvale (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Deeeer Simulator (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Console and PC)
  • Mind Scanners (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Mortal Shell (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Space Warlord Organ Trading Simulator (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Undungeon (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Warhammer 40,000 Battlesector (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Pro-tips for those still reading down here! If you install the Game Pass mobile app, you can install games remotely to your console or your PC without having to move! Also, if you find a co-op you want to play with your friend but they don’t have Game Pass, the first month is only $1, which is a pretty inexpensive game night sorted. We’ll be back here before too long with more games, so stay tuned. Cheers!

Kacho

Gold Member
I saw Gungrave on the store the other day. Looks kinda cool but I'm not familiar with the dev. Hope it's good and Game Pass means people will actually play it and provide impressions. lol

Norco, Gungrave, Pentiment, Somerville, Warhammer. Pretty dang solid for 2 weeks.

And there's some other stuff on the side as well. I'll try Lapin since I like rabbits, but not expecting much lol. Soccer Story also sounds good on paper, but I'm skeptical after looking at pics.

I'll have plenty to play.

I saw Gungrave on the store the other day. Looks kinda cool but I'm not familiar with the dev. Hope it's good and Game Pass means people will actually play it and provide impressions. lol
Korean dev I think. Should just expect a cheaper AA action game at best. But that could still be fun.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Wow insurgency as well?

Fuck yes I've been thinking about buying it so many times but always hesitated. Nice to see it there as I'm definitely gonna try it out.

Should be bad optimized on pc so glad to try it on xbox.

Im going darktide day one on pc.

Bragr

Banned
Awesome that we are getting Darktide. Even though there weren't a lot of big Xbox exclusives this year, they made it up by getting other new games throughout the year.

Wow insurgency as well?

Fuck yes I've been thinking about buying it so many times but always hesitated. Nice to see it there as I'm definitely gonna try it out.

Should be bad optimized on pc so glad to try it on xbox.

Im going darktide day one on pc.
plus bf2042 will be out as well, been holding for these games for so long.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Gungrave for me, didn't even know it was primarily a game but I think it is the type of games we're needing these days, more compact stuff that don't try to paint themselves as "narratively deep" and failing on doing so, leaving a deep cringe in me (hello Doom Eternal), just a stupid edgy character wanting to kill things without having to thing much about it

The_Mike

plus bf2042 will be out as well, been holding for these games for so long.
Yeah I don't know.

I was interested in trying bf2042 out but now that insurgency comes I doubt I have time for that turd.

Isn't bf2042 still considered bad?

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Sadly iv heard the gamepass Darktide PC release won't be cross play with Steam users (like Deep Rock Galactic) hopefully they can sort that out somehow or other.

But its going to be a good November.

Last edited:

The_Mike

Sadly iv heard the gamepass Darktide PC release won't be cross play with Steam users (like Deep Rock Galactic) hopefully they can sort that out somehow or other.

But its going to be a good November.
I just hope it had cross play and progression between pc and Xbox.

Banned
Insurgency only on console? I can't really imagine that playing well on a controller if it's anything like the original. the button layout must be fucking wild

Roberts

Ha, I almost bough Insurgency at least 5 times (it has been on sale quite a lot lately) even though it is clearly not a game I would invest too much time into. Not really a tactical shooter kind of a guy. At least I will try it out now.

Curious about Norco, but first I have to play Pentiment, Monkey Island, Sommerville and Vampires Survivors

Stuart360

Dune Spice Wars is pretty good if you're into the lore. RTS games are not really my thing but i spent a good few hours on that game.

Chukhopops

Norco is fantastic if you get into the game’s very unique mood and atmosphere, was a blast on PC.

As always several games I want to play but focusing on the ones I started already, will be nice to revisit those once it gets a bit more quiet in terms of new releases.

Tomeru

Yea it's strange. Especially when games like Sea of Thieves does have cross play between consoles, PCGP and Steam.

Must be the developers decision to do this.
Or inability/competence. I think they alsohad issues with vermintide. Anyway, this is just putting me off.

Top Bottom