• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Computer Problem (no picture when playing video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
I hope someone can help me with this because I'm really at the end of my rope.

Yesterday, I took my computer over to one of my friend's house in order to transfer some files of his over the network. I didn't take my keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc and instead hooked it up to a KVM switch that he had. After returning home, and hooking the computer back up, I no longer get any picture when I'm playing an avi, mpg, whatever. The only way I can get one to appear is to turn off the hardware acceleration.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be? I really can't figure it out.

I dont know lot about this, but it kinda sounds like a problem with the overlays, check your settings.

Edit: I just went to look at the options in WMP, and I couldent see video either all of a sudden, what it was was that I was not on the right tab, you have to be on the now playing function, maybe it's just a simple problem like that you have over looked?

~Black Deatha

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Black Deatha said:
I dont know lot about this, but it kinda sounds like a problem with the overlays, check your settings.

Edit: I just went to look at the options in WMP, and I couldent see video either all of a sudden, what it was was that I was not on the right tab, you have to be on the now playing function, maybe it's just a simple problem like that you have over looked?

~Black Deatha

Thanks for your suggestions but I don't think either one applies. I'm not using overlays and the problem occurs regardless of what video player I'm using. Quicktime, WMP, Media Player, they're all screwed. The only way the picture appears short of turning off hardware acceleration is when I open it in something like Virtual Dub which processes all the video first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom