• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console Fanboys Are Cringe

kingfey

Banned

Its a 30min video. Worth your time if you watch it.

DISCLAIMER

Some key points:
Some people need to know, that we need to grow out of these phase. We are adult now. These console manufactures companies dont care about us, unless its our pockets. We are tiny minuscules. Jim Ryan or Phil spencer doesn't give 2 shits about who we are. Whatever decision, they make, is already being planned long time. They have a road maps, which they are acting on it.
I hope can understand the purpose of these forums. Its just there, so we can talk about games, and things related to games. But you also need to account, that these are just forum words. It means nothing to your real life. It wont impact your gaming at all, unless you make it about your life.
Keep the discussion to the forum. Dont make these consoles about your life. Make a boundary between yourself and those consoles. Because its not worth it going that rabbit hole. Trust me, its not worth it. You will turn out like the guys on this video.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Worth your time if you watch it.

GlDQzAX.gif

VFXVeteran

Banned

DISCLAIMER

Some key points:
Some people need to know, that we need to grow out of these phase. We are adult now. These console manufactures companies dont care about us, unless its our pockets. We are tiny minuscules. Jim Ryan or Phil spencer doesn't give 2 shits about who we are. Whatever decision, they make, is already being planned long time. They have a road maps, which they are acting on it.
I hope can understand the purpose of these forums. Its just there, so we can talk about games, and things related to games. But you also need to account, that these are just forum words. It means nothing to your real life. It wont impact your gaming at all, unless you make it about your life.
Keep the discussion to the forum. Dont make these consoles about your life. Make a boundary between yourself and those consoles. Because its not worth it going that rabbit hole. Trust me, its not worth it. You will turn out like the guys on this video.

Wise words that will most certainly go unheeded.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Let's be honest here, it's not about the consoles... it's fanboy behavior in general. I doesn't matter what the platform is, be it console, handheld, PC, phones, sports, cars the list goes on and on. They're all pretty much the same and to believe otherwise... is cringe.

nah, its worse. theres a group of twitter sony fanboys that hes talking about in this video that are fucking insane.

you will never find honda fans tweeting about toyota all day every day. or yankees fans tweeting about the red sox all day every day. bizarre behavior especially since these are grown adults.

Boglin

Let's be honest here, it's not about the consoles... it's fanboy behavior in general. I doesn't matter what the platform is, be it console, handheld, PC, phones, sports, cars the list goes on and on. They're all pretty much the same and to believe otherwise... is cringe.
This is 100% true. If a person believes that only the fanboys within a certain niche are a concern then that person could probably benefit from getting some new perspectives

nah, its worse. theres a group of twitter sony fanboys that hes talking about in this video that are fucking insane.

you will never find honda fans tweeting about toyota all day every day. or yankees fans tweeting about the red sox all day every day. bizarre behavior especially since these are grown adults.
I'll have to disagree with you on this. You're letting your bias cloud your judgement. They're all as bad as you believe those Sony fanboys are. I'm a Playstation guy always have been, these PS fanboys are shitty... just like the Xbox fanboys, just like the Nintendo fanboys and just like the PC fanboys who jump in to put their two cents and show their "superiority."

If you go to a Honda forum, you'll see some shitty behavior. Go to any forum that specific to a brand or whatever, it's there. I used to be a part of MMA forums, terrible armchair tough guys that have no respect for the men and women they watch.

EDIT: I've seen those PS fanboys on Twitter... I've also seen equally crazy different groups. They're all there, you'll run into them eventually.

Last edited:

reezoo

Imagine if Sony releases all there exclusives to PC and MS enables Xbox to play PC games 😂. Xbox + game pass + PC games!

Disclaimer: never bought xbox and don’t play games on PC. Currently owns PS5.

GHound

Fanboys most certainly are and you don't even have to include the console. They also have zero self-awareness and absolutely refuse to believe they're a fanboy. Why, I bet they might even be reading this right now and nodding along like they're innocent!
wkcAz93.jpeg

Shubh_C63

usually you can tell which people are fanboys and not interested to see any reasoning.
just don't engage.

edit: but I admit its fun to feed the troll sometimes.

Last edited:

freefornow

Gold Member

DISCLAIMER

Some key points:

While we become adult, those behind us have yet to reach that stage. And when they do, those behind them wont be at that stage, and when..............................................

Last edited:
If this 30 minute video was a revelation to you OP, I'm gonna give you another mindhack right now free of charge: "fanboying" is just a metaphor for a behavioural pattern first perfectly described by Friedrich Nietzsche as "Ressentiment". Us human beings are, generally speaking, pitiful worthless pieces of shit, and that's why we LOVE to attach our minds to stupid ideas, ideologies, material possessions etc. A Sony fanboy edgelord is not an ounce more cringey than someone who's unapologetically and unironically into any sort of political ideology or a fanatic for a certain soccer team.

I remember back when I was 9 or 10 or so, our dad got us a Sega Genesis, with Altered Beast. He made me and my brothers promise we wouldn't destroy it like we had done with the NES he bought us a few years before. (Damn thing cheated and we were all small kids back then still) We played that thing nonstop, I became a total Sega fanboy err fanchild. I cut out the articles about Sega games from EGM and Gamepro, and the ads too and taped them to my bedroom wall. I was all Sega all the time, then the SNES started to be revealed. By that time we had moved across the country and my bedroom decor long gone. Me any my little brothers pooled some Xmas money to buy a SNES with Mario World and a mail in vouchersfor Super Mario All Stars. That's when I realized it was about the games themselves and not bothering arguing about differences like the platform or creators of a game. And yea it was prime time for Blockbuster so we got to rent many many games even if we didn't buy em all. Fun times indeed.

Apeopleman

If this 30 minute video was a revelation to you OP, I'm gonna give you another mindhack right now free of charge: "fanboying" is just a metaphor for a behavioural pattern first perfectly described by Friedrich Nietzsche as "Ressentiment". Us human beings are, generally speaking, pitiful worthless pieces of shit, and that's why we LOVE to attach our minds to stupid ideas, ideologies, material possessions etc. A Sony fanboy edgelord is not an ounce more cringey than someone who's unapologetically and unironically into any sort of political ideology or a fanatic for a certain soccer team.
This is actually an interesting theory

Yoboman

Actually fanboys are better people who thrive on the human experience of rivalry, who strive for victory and valour. Important scholars who seek to outsmart and outwit their opponent, and create a climate where we expect greatness

"Unbiased", "multiplatform" people are really just emotionless robots, enjoying mediocrity. Adding no more to the discourse than then roomba vacuuming my floor

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
That video is cringe as fuck.

And all fanboys are cringe. Just look at what happened at era when Epic tried to open a store to compete with Valve. Valve barely even makes games anymore so these morons were fighting over two video game stores. AMD vs Nvidia i understand, it's two competing technologies but that was like walmart vs target. Who gives a shit.

You have got Nintndo fanboys completely ok with Nintendo forcing arguably the most talented first party dev teams to make games for PS3 era hardware. No peep whatsoever about games being held back as long as they sell 100 million units the fastest.

Sony fanboys are defending their cross gen approach as if sales of video games during the chip shortage somehow matters to consumers who have already paid for a premium $500 product. Xbox guys are all about gamepass completely ignoring the fact that MS first party wont have a next gen only game until Starfield launches two years after the XSX launch. PC guys are ok with Nvidia and AMD selling their chips to corrupt fucking manufacturers like MSI and Evga who are selling straight to bitcoin miners or charging $500-1000 over MSRP. I could go buy a 3090 at Microcenter tomorrow if I was willing to pay the $2,500 they retail it at.

The entire industry is crooked because we have fanboys defending their favorite companies and turning a blind eye to greedy and corrupt policies. If I wanted to, I cannot go buy a GPU to upgrade my PC. If I wanted to, I cannot go buy a next gen only game for my next gen consoles because ive already played the three games released so far and there is nothing on the horizon. And we got to this point because of the fanboys and defense force each of these companies enjoy. We have seen what happens when these assholes get called out on their BS like when Xbox tried to double the price of XBL and Sony tried to shutdown the PS3 and Vita stores. The companies fold. If only we put pressure on them a bit more instead of blindly defending their greedy practices 99% of the time.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Why do i need a 30 minute video to state the obvious?
Fanboys are obsessed, obsession just like mania, is an illness of the mind.
It is possible like things without obsessing about them and warring other camps.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I don't need to watch a 30 min video to tell me that. However, fanboy behaviour can be funny as fuck, as we can see from a fresh example in this thread.

Nintendo/Pokemon fanboys are the worst
no, Sony fanboys are the worst.

LAMO. Few posts in and we already have people fighting over which console tribe has the "worst" fanboys....🤣.

Is there one dedicated console warrior thread here? If not, there should be. Would be the most hilarious thread on this site.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Nowadays I find the pc elite crowd much more annoying. To the point they almost don’t want console players to like their consoles because “blah blah blah frame rate, fov, my 1060 is faster, consoles suck”.
You can be sure they never shut up about being able to play any game at glorious 1440p 144hz. They don’t even want to see how fast consoles now are and undisputed facts like ps5 faster loading than pc.

I have both and I enjoy both but whenever I speak about ps5, it is taken as pc hate and console fanboying. Fuck off. I can like it if I want. Nothing wrong even in being a fanboy to the point

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
That video is cringe as fuck.

And all fanboys are cringe. Just look at what happened at era when Epic tried to open a store to compete with Valve. Valve barely even makes games anymore so these morons were fighting over two video game stores. AMD vs Nvidia i understand, it's two competing technologies but that was like walmart vs target. Who gives a shit.

You have got Nintndo fanboys completely ok with Nintendo forcing arguably the most talented first party dev teams to make games for PS3 era hardware. No peep whatsoever about games being held back as long as they sell 100 million units the fastest.

Sony fanboys are defending their cross gen approach as if sales of video games during the chip shortage somehow matters to consumers who have already paid for a premium $500 product. Xbox guys are all about gamepass completely ignoring the fact that MS first party wont have a next gen only game until Starfield launches two years after the XSX launch. PC guys are ok with Nvidia and AMD selling their chips to corrupt fucking manufacturers like MSI and Evga who are selling straight to bitcoin miners or charging $500-1000 over MSRP. I could go buy a 3090 at Microcenter tomorrow if I was willing to pay the $2,500 they retail it at.

The entire industry is crooked because we have fanboys defending their favorite companies and turning a blind eye to greedy and corrupt policies. If I wanted to, I cannot go buy a GPU to upgrade my PC. If I wanted to, I cannot go buy a next gen only game for my next gen consoles because ive already played the three games released so far and there is nothing on the horizon. And we got to this point because of the fanboys and defense force each of these companies enjoy. We have seen what happens when these assholes get called out on their BS like when Xbox tried to double the price of XBL and Sony tried to shutdown the PS3 and Vita stores. The companies fold. If only we put pressure on them a bit more instead of blindly defending their greedy practices 99% of the time.
Very good post. Bravo! Whole industry is indeed very weird now.

People disliked epic store because they introduced more stupid store exclusivity and actively paid for even existing games to exclusively go to epic. Like metro exodus which I thankfully had already preordered.

I don’t see much people defending cross gen on both sides either. I am certainly not a cross gen fan but also we all have to understand that there are not enough consoles…. Which is crap

I don’t like to think about myself as Sony fanboy. I certainly don’t think I am… I think level headed about all platforms and also have expensive as fuck gaming pc. But I do find myself more steering towards consoles since 360 came out. But I always had a powerful of alongside and probably played more there.
I just like single player games. And if I can play with less distractions, the better. And I usually have this a bit anarchistic character where I tend to more like things that people don’t like lol. If you know what I mean.

Top Bottom