• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console Fanboys Are Cringe

VN1X

Banned

Its a 30min video. Worth your time if you watch it.

DISCLAIMER

Some key points:
Some people need to know, that we need to grow out of these phase. We are adult now. These console manufactures companies dont care about us, unless its our pockets. We are tiny minuscules. Jim Ryan or Phil spencer doesn't give 2 shits about who we are. Whatever decision, they make, is already being planned long time. They have a road maps, which they are acting on it.
I hope can understand the purpose of these forums. Its just there, so we can talk about games, and things related to games. But you also need to account, that these are just forum words. It means nothing to your real life. It wont impact your gaming at all, unless you make it about your life.
Keep the discussion to the forum. Dont make these consoles about your life. Make a boundary between yourself and those consoles. Because its not worth it going that rabbit hole. Trust me, its not worth it. You will turn out like the guys on this video.

Wow fanboys are bad huh? That's certainly quite the original thought you got there!

Welcome in 2022. We hope you enjoy your stay.

MikeM

Nintendo/Pokemon fanboys are the worst
Try talking to country bros about Ford vs Chevy. Get the popcorn out and get ready for fist fights. Fucking gold.

Napoleon Dynamite Fighting GIF

Swift_Star

Banned
If this 30 minute video was a revelation to you OP, I'm gonna give you another mindhack right now free of charge: "fanboying" is just a metaphor for a behavioural pattern first perfectly described by Friedrich Nietzsche as "Ressentiment". Us human beings are, generally speaking, pitiful worthless pieces of shit, and that's why we LOVE to attach our minds to stupid ideas, ideologies, material possessions etc. A Sony fanboy edgelord is not an ounce more cringey than someone who's unapologetically and unironically into any sort of political ideology or a fanatic for a certain soccer team.
Makes 100% sense. Soccer fanboys are way worse than gamers tbh.

Haggard

Banned
I'm not clicking on clickbait nonsense tailored to 12 year olds.....
Question is, why does the OP, and why does he feel the need to spread this stupidity further?

Swift_Star

Banned
If you go to actman twitter, you will see his frustration with the fanboys.
Last of us 2 comparison pissed him off so hard. From being compared to doom, to halo, to metro series.
Doom and last of us 2 are nowhere close to each other, yet people compared to each other nonstop from guns to graphics.
Xbox fanboys on other hands, needs a game like last of us 2, to get in to that level.

I myself see both of these guys on twitter alot. The xbox fanboys down there, are just petty, and have less fangs, unlike the PlayStation fanboys there. Their main argument is the power of their console, and calling PlayStation fanboys "a pony". That would change, once those exclusive starts rolling on xbox. I expect them to be more active by that time, and they would be the new insufferable group.

You can see the same about Xbox fanboys. One side is not better than the other and it’s stupid to think so. All fanboys act like this.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
You can see the same about Xbox fanboys. One side is not better than the other and it’s stupid to think so. All fanboys act like this.
That is why both are shit. The Xbox guys would do the same, if they get those opportunities. One side isn't better than the other one. It's just that one side has more material compared to the other.

You will see more chatter from them in 2023, once Activision deal is done, and Xbox starts bumping out those exclusives. That is when you will see their worst forms.

Same for pcmr. They are busy with gpu shortages, due to crypto.

kingfey

Banned
If I was a betting man I'd guess the OP got another warning for console warring and set up this thread where the premise is console warring is bad to try and get brownie points.
You can see my warnings clearly. My intent wasn't that, but the mods took it that way.
Can't complain about that though. Should have been careful with the wording. Since English isn't my 1st language, some of my wording get me in to trouble here.

Vognerful

Liverpool main enemy is themselves. I have never seen a management willing to back their most successful manager less and less.
Manchester united on other hand is getting fucked by glaciers. Players got way too much ego, they let themselves got kicked out of FA cup.

Me on other hand, is arsenal with the club leaving me hanging dead every week in and out. I miss wenger badly. Glad our Lego manager kicked out deadwood players, and gave us players who love the club. We got alot to do. But we will pick ourselves to the top in the future soon.
bro us gunner fans should unite on all fronts
son of a bitch predator GIF by Ben L

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Very good post. Bravo! Whole industry is indeed very weird now.

People disliked epic store because they introduced more stupid store exclusivity and actively paid for even existing games to exclusively go to epic. Like metro exodus which I thankfully had already preordered.

I don’t see much people defending cross gen on both sides either. I am certainly not a cross gen fan but also we all have to understand that there are not enough consoles…. Which is crap

I don’t like to think about myself as Sony fanboy. I certainly don’t think I am… I think level headed about all platforms and also have expensive as fuck gaming pc. But I do find myself more steering towards consoles since 360 came out. But I always had a powerful of alongside and probably played more there.
I just like single player games. And if I can play with less distractions, the better. And I usually have this a bit anarchistic character where I tend to more like things that people don’t like lol. If you know what I mean.

I certainly prefer consoles over PC mostly as I simply like having physical media. I was mostly PC prior to the PS2 generation. Lots of big box copies line my walls and I still adore looking through them. Even went out of my way to build a classic Win 98 machine to play all my favorites.

However, there are amazing games on *all* platforms. Total Warhammer 3 on PC I am beyond hyped for. Put in over 500 hours in the first two games. Enjoyed the hell out of Demon Souls Remake on PS5 and thought Gears Tactics on Xbox was the best Gears game since 3. Then Nintendo wow'd me with Pokemon Arceus which I managed to suck 100+ hours into after thinking it was going to be an incredibly subpar/mediocre game.

So many great games out now and so many amazing games coming on the horizon for all platforms.

Remember guys and gals, if a person tries hard to convince you that one piece of plastic is better than the other, the only one they're definitely trying to convince, is themselves. I have no issue with fans, fans love the console of their choosing, while also wanting other consoles to grow and thrive to give competition which leads to better games. Fanboys are the absolute opposite of fans, they're attached to the piece of plastic so much, thet they worship it and the company that makes it, while bashing everything else. The only people who bash other consoles are people who are insecure about their purchase.

This is exactly it. Sad people who can't buy other platforms and instead have to justify to themselves that they made the better choice and they aren't missing out on anything else. The adult thing to do would be to just accept that, "well I won't be able to play these amazing games, but maybe someday in the future I can!" and move on enjoying the games they *can* play.

The corporations that make these cosoles don't care about gamers, they only care about their wallets which for them are another nipple on the cash cow they can milk dry. What these companies plan, they plan in advance, don't ever grow foolish enough to think they're listening to us, they don't. What they do care about is pleasing investors, shareholders and company higher-ups/executives. Gamers only measure as just an extra digit or two or an extra zero in their salaries.

Exactly. Between censorship of titles (dating back to the 80s) and the more recent trends of NFTs, Forced Always Online connectivity, MTX, Lootboxes, etc - if they actually gave a shit they wouldn't be pushing this crap. But they don't, they just want as much money as possible. They are more than willing to sacrifice an artists vision if it *might* give them more money in the long run.

Ozriel

M$FT
That video is cringe as fuck.

And all fanboys are cringe. Just look at what happened at era when Epic tried to open a store to compete with Valve. Valve barely even makes games anymore so these morons were fighting over two video game stores. AMD vs Nvidia i understand, it's two competing technologies but that was like walmart vs target. Who gives a shit.

You have got Nintndo fanboys completely ok with Nintendo forcing arguably the most talented first party dev teams to make games for PS3 era hardware. No peep whatsoever about games being held back as long as they sell 100 million units the fastest.

Sony fanboys are defending their cross gen approach as if sales of video games during the chip shortage somehow matters to consumers who have already paid for a premium $500 product. Xbox guys are all about gamepass completely ignoring the fact that MS first party wont have a next gen only game until Starfield launches two years after the XSX launch. PC guys are ok with Nvidia and AMD selling their chips to corrupt fucking manufacturers like MSI and Evga who are selling straight to bitcoin miners or charging $500-1000 over MSRP. I could go buy a 3090 at Microcenter tomorrow if I was willing to pay the $2,500 they retail it at.

The entire industry is crooked because we have fanboys defending their favorite companies and turning a blind eye to greedy and corrupt policies. If I wanted to, I cannot go buy a GPU to upgrade my PC. If I wanted to, I cannot go buy a next gen only game for my next gen consoles because ive already played the three games released so far and there is nothing on the horizon. And we got to this point because of the fanboys and defense force each of these companies enjoy. We have seen what happens when these assholes get called out on their BS like when Xbox tried to double the price of XBL and Sony tried to shutdown the PS3 and Vita stores. The companies fold. If only we put pressure on them a bit more instead of blindly defending their greedy practices 99% of the time.

Lmao. Imagine how unironically cringe it is to suggest gamers can (and should) ‘pressure’ Sony to make a stupid business decision to cut out a huge audience on the PS4.

“Even though my $500 hardware upgrade gives me better visuals, better load speeds, better audio and better framerate, I demand they exclude others to make me feel better about my purchase”

Cringe AF.

Imagine how shocked you’ll be when you buy your 3090 and find out that the same games you play on it can be played on a 1060.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I think its fine tbh, if people need to be toxic, id rather them be toxic about childrens toys then politics. Besides sports fans are the same way

kingfey

Banned
We’ve got to be under a curse or something. That’s the only explanation I can think of.
I think Conte took that curse now. It seems the race to top 4 this year is cursed for some reason.

Arsenal lost aubamayang touch, ManU lost the ability to football, and tottenham is trying to spursy themselves too much.

Then you got the top 3. Mcity gets the good decisions. Liverpool is acting this year as some kinda dress up party. And Chelsea forgot how to use the strikers they have.

Best season so far.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Skimming over the thread shows me we have everyone gathered:
- Nintendo Fanboys are the worst
- Sony Fanboys are the worst
- But the Green Rats…
- PC Masterrace

tmlDan

AP99 was also mentioned.
he targeted them multiple times throughout the video, it's dishonest to say there are so many when he only references the same ones over and over again.

The guy annoys tf out of me, don't make a vid about fanboys when you only talk about one side/a few people on twitter - its clear anyone who is a "stan" of something has serious mental health issues

You have to understand, we don’t give a sh*t about Jim, Ryan. Same goes with you. See ya never!
i´m a fanboy and don’t care at all about this industry (games sold not made, loopboxes, and so on, Nintendo can die, MS buy the world) i’d rather be not gay than carrying about those! 😂🤡😂🤷‍♂️
i come here just to havé fun…,

the Video game industry! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Top Bottom