• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console Fanboys Are Cringe

ZehDon

I don't really care much for who makes the plastic box of magic that plays my vidyas, and never really understood those who did.

I started with Nintendo because my parents bought my consoles for me.
When I had my own money, I bought an Xbox because it had the games I liked.
Then, last generation, I was a Sony boy because I certainly wasn't giving Microsoft a dollar after what they tried to pull with the Xbone at launch.
This generation I went with Xbox because Game Pass is just too good, and I grew tired of Sony's cinematic games.

The only constant in my years of gaming is my PC, hallowed be its holy name.

GHG

Gold Member
Oh I get the point. You're one of the guys the dude made the video about. Of course you have no idea what current gen games MS released.

Woosh.

brian regan what GIF

Nintendo/Pokemon fanboys are the worst
Fanboys in general, who blindly defend something out of some misguided attachment to a multinational corporation, worries and troubles me.

I’m a huge Nintendo fan, have for two decades and continue to spend a lot of money on their products. And I love many of their franchises. But when they make a product that I dislike or deal with a situation in way that I disagree with, I see no issue with calling it out. I love Mario as much as the next guy, but Nintendo as a company makes a lot of decisions that I don’t like, and I think healthy criticism is a good thing.

Does anyone know how I can find our what I said that caused me to receive a warning for "don't necro old threads for console warring"?

It's a shitty feeling to log on to Gaf and have to "agree to acknowledge the offense" for something I KNOW I didn't do, as I loathe fanboys and console warring of any kind. My only guess is someone didn't like me criticizing Sony, or Jim Ryan, or Naughty Dog for what I see as questionable behavior from them in general (and with this $70 upcoming remake).

I have both a Ps5 and Series X. I can't stand fanboyism. However, I also am going to criticize these companies when I feel they're being greedy or deceitful. That's NOT CONSOLE WARRING! Now I think I'm starting to see why people get so upset at the mods who I can only think must have their own hang ups or platform prejudices to erroneously hand down a warning like this.

Does anyone know how I can find our what I said that caused me to receive a warning for "don't necro old threads for console warring"?

It's a shitty feeling to log on to Gaf and have to "agree to acknowledge the offense" for something I KNOW I didn't do, as I loathe fanboys and console warring of any kind. My only guess is someone didn't like me criticizing Sony, or Jim Ryan, or Naughty Dog for what I see as questionable behavior from them in general (and with this $70 upcoming remake).

I have both a Ps5 and Series X. I can't stand fanboyism. However, I also am going to criticize these companies when I feel they're being greedy or deceitful. That's NOT CONSOLE WARRING! Now I think I'm starting to see why people get so upset at the mods who I can only think must have their own hang ups or platform prejudices to erroneously hand down a warning like this.

You might want to tag a mod that's online now to find out. Faust Faust was on earlier no idea if he's still on.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
You might want to tag a mod that's online now to find out. Faust Faust was on earlier no idea if he's still on.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/what...ram-on-the-series-s-x.1623429/#post-266279988

F Feel Like I'm On 42
You had bumped an years old thread to, what seemed like to us, was in an attempt to fuel console wars.

The warning will disappear shortly so I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Your account doesn’t seem to have any notable concerns so it may have just been an odd mark. You would need to get quite a few of them to worry about any further action from us.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/what...ram-on-the-series-s-x.1623429/#post-266279988

F Feel Like I'm On 42
You had bumped an years old thread to, what seemed like to us, was in an attempt to fuel console wars.

The warning will disappear shortly so I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Your account doesn’t seem to have any notable concerns so it may have just been an odd mark. You would need to get quite a few of them to worry about any further action from us.

Boom

Thanks for the quick response.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
It doesn’t matter if you play on Xbox, or Playstation or PC

Because at the end of the day they will be coming to PC

//DEVIL//

Console fanboys grew up and shifted to PC which is why PC gamers are now the worst. It's too bad you clowns missed the golden era.

200.gif
I laughed at this. I am one of those guys now lol. was a real golden era. here, IGN boards back then. sigh.. best days lol.

F Feel Like I'm On 42

Alright.

Crayon

We could have a fantasy fanboy league. You pick a green lineup and a blue lineup, then you watch for number of posts, number of replies, bans, claiming they are done, calling each other mad, hard ghosting, etc. Like aggressive team bingo.

Filben

Don't even need a 10 minute video on that particular topic.

Fandom in general tends to parasocial behaviour and/or interaction to some degree or result in such said behaviour. Those people are heavily emotionally invested and no amount of words or number of videos gone change that.

It is what it is and best thing is to ignore that shit instead of wasting your time and energy on that, let alone discussions. You can only change someone who's willing to change. It's like with addicts; you can't do shit until they hit rock bottom. And with fanboism, this ain't gonna happen because there's psychological stress or suffering, one of the few things that make adults change something in their life.

solidus12

Xbox fanboys are the worst: not only they are comprised of your typical fanboy e.g. Colteastwood, Dealer… but also journalists from gaming outlets in the likes of Tom Warren, Destin Legarie, Jez Corden… And they have execs from the brand who do console war like Aaron Greenberg and previously Albert Penello.

Prove me wrong.

SenkiDala

All fanboyism in every field (sports, video games, music, etc) is pathetic... And people say that "it's normal if you have money / time just for one machine, it is normal to defend it", no it isn't. I grew up being able just to get very used consoles, 1 by 1 since I needed to sell the previous one to get the next used one, and I always enjoyed other consoles, I had a Super Nintendo and I was glad to play the Megadrive at my friend's house, and listening them talking about its games.

I think social networks fucked up a little more society, as if it wasn't enough, now people don't even want to discuss, they want to spit their opinion to your face, without discussing or exchanging points of views, it's even cool to act like that, so it's not surprising.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I think it's cringe but there's also time being critical of a brand is called for and people (the actual fanboys) get mad,

Like when I was saying Nintendo should make games like Wave Race instead of junk like 1-2 Switch,
or when I started a thread about PS5 hardware losing some shine because Sony is releasing their games on PC with better optimisation.

It's just the truth or how I see it anyhow.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I think we could agree that PCMR is the worst so far.

You can find one here in this page lol

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Fanboys who don’t have all systems and platforms at this point, are the worst.

Step it up and become Unbiased, like me.

I would disagree, since PC is getting both Playstation and Xbox games right now. You can get the PC only and be unbiased.

Top Bottom