• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console Modding gone wrong - The Woodcube

8bit

Knows the Score
000_0051.JPG

http://w1.346.telia.com/~u34604620/woodcube/pictures.html

cs060mk2

I have and have had some weird ideas I'd like to do. Some examples
-a gaming full tower PC with a 386/486/Pentium1/Vodoo1/Vodoo2/TNT2 and Pentium 3 in a single case running of off one PSU at the time with a built in KVM.
-A miditower with all 8 bit and up Nintendo and Sega consoles (and PSX) in a single case. With neat slots for carts and all joypad ports converted to the PSX port.
-An external 5.25 unit housing an N64 motherboard with a Z64 motherboard with bios hacked to load roms of a harddrive. (I even hacked an N64 to pieces for this project).
-A miditower with an A1200/C64/Spectrum running of off one PSU and of course all three computers running harddrives and double floppies (just to fill up the external bays).
-An old first gen black and white Gameboy hacked to look like the first GBA.

Whenver I get crazy ideas like those above I use to remember myself that the result wont look anywhere as cool as the image in my head. Instead it will turn up to something like that wooden cube that I have seen on the net a long time ago. It just isnt worth it.

nubbe

Hmm.. its teh mature!

"dude, i got morning wood!"
"Get off my wood!"
"Looks like a wood to me"
"Damn, i've got wood"

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
LOL the funniest thing about that mod is the CD drive that is fucking exposed on the side with a little piece of tape covering the laser when it isn't in us. I would be scared i would get cut lol

Top Bottom