• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console production for 2022 faces a new challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingfey

Banned
Say hello to Omicron. Your new deadly covid19, which will impact the new console production, even more than what it is now.

Right now, this virus is in Belgium, and other European countries.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
homer simpson episode 6 GIF

just have your pre shift cocktail and all will be fine…

Gonna continue to suck at work…

Lone Wolf

How is this possible? Normally variants of viruses get weaker. It’s always how it worked, until now I guess.

kingfey

Banned
How is this possible? Normally variants of viruses get weaker. It’s always how it worked, until now I guess.
The people who got the vaccinee can now get the virus. So the virus variants doesn't get weaker. Its like PC virus. always evolves, and comes back stronger.

Banned
The people who got the vaccinee can now get the virus. So the virus variants doesn't get weaker. Its like PC virus. always evolves, and comes back stronger.

with weaker I think he meant less deadly. and I'm not sure if it is known how dangerous this variant is in terms of the symptoms and health risks

some think that because it is likely lab grown that it is not mutating like naturally grown SARS/Corona variants, and is therefore less predictable

Last edited:

Stuart360

Covid is never going away is it?. I wonder if it will get to the point where its costing the economy so much money that governments are like 'just deal with it and get on with your life'.

Unfortunately that's not how evolution works. The weak uptake of vaccines and overall resistance to anti-epidemic measures allowed people with vaccines and natural immunities to be exposed repeatedly to the virus, which created evolutionary pressure for the virus to mutate past those immunities.

Banned
Covid is never going away is it?. I wonder if it will get to the point where its costing the economy so much money that governments are like 'just deal with it and get on with your life'.

at some point yeah most likely. especially after every single person was infected at least once. i bet many countries will just say "Fuck it"

sendit

Tim And Eric Dipshit GIF by Adult Swim

Vaccines don't prevent you from getting the virus. Also, the seasonal flu mutates 4x faster than Covid.

Banned
Tim And Eric Dipshit GIF by Adult Swim

Vaccines don't prevent you from getting the virus. Also, the seasonal flu mutates 4x faster than Covid.

they prevent you from getting a serious illness caused by the virus*
is that better? happy now? -_-

and yes the Flu mutates like crazy because it is everywhere and noone cares about it basically because it is pretty harmless...

Last edited:

sendit

they prevent you from getting a serious illness caused by the virus*
is that better? happy now? -_-

and yes the Flu mutates like crazy because it is everywhere and noone cares about it basically because it is pretty harmless...

Wee Here We Go GIF by 47 Meters Down Uncaged

sendit

This dipshit has the 2 shots. I am vaccinated. thnx for the concern.
There is no concern here. However, I see you have comprehension issues as well. Replied specifically to you implying/saying:

```
The people who got the vaccinee can now get the virus.
```

Could a individual not get the virus before/after getting the vaccine?

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

Variants can get weaker for some viruses, of course, or even mutate into a strain that no longer infects humans. SARS-CoV-2 is a lot like the various seasonal influenza strains in that their variants aren't always "weaker" in some way though most are generally the same (aside from the Delta thus far). It hasn't been around a full two years yet, after all. If viruses always mutated to be less of a risk then there wouldn't be annual vaccinations against various germs.

When scientists analyze a new variant they're looking at three key characteristics:

1. Is it more transmissible?
2. Does it cause more serious disease?
3. Does it exhibit one or more methods of immune escape?

Some tick off none of those boxes. Some one, two, or all three.

kingfey

Banned
There is no concern here. However, I see you have comprehension issues as well. Replied specifically to you implying/saying:

```
The people who got the vaccinee can now get the virus.
```

Could a individual not get the virus before/after getting the vaccine?
The vaccine wont stop the virus from getting to you. All it does is make your immune system strong. If the virus is strong, your immune system wont be able to handle it

This is where you are getting the new strong variants. You get virus that mutates at abnormal rate, and infects vaccinated people.

The problem with africa is other diseases, and the environment. Compared to europe, africa is hot, and perfect place for strong viruses. If those viruses join forces with covid19, you get worse virus. Like that Ebola virus.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The problem with africa is other diseases, and the environment. Compared to europe, africa is hot, and perfect place for strong viruses. If those viruses join forces with covid19, you get worse virus. Like that Ebola virus.

That's not how any of this works. Sorry for the pithy reply, truly, but you're so far off base I am not even sure where to start.

For example, the most glaring incorrect claim there is that viruses enjoy hot weather. When rather, they thrive in cold weather - when the humidity is lower, UV from the sun is weakened, and people are clustered about indoors close to one another breathing the same air. The origins of the name "influenza" come from its Italian roots "influenza di freddo", or "influence of the cold".

If you're really interested in some quick, non-heavy (academically) ways to learn about this particular virus and viruses in general, there have been several very well-made and informed documentaries from PBS and others this past year-and-some change.

Last edited:

Fare thee well

Neophyte
It's okay, just continue to not vaccinate, wear masks, and care for the weak and elderly. Act as if nothing bad will happen. That plan has really worked well.

Don't forget to hoard more toilet paper and drown yourself in ivermectin.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
That's not how any of this works. Sorry for the pithy reply, truly, but you're so far off base I am not even sure where to start.

For example, the most glaring incorrect claim there is that viruses enjoy hot weather. When rather, they thrive in cold weather - when the humidity is lower, UV from the sun is weakened, and people are clustered about indoors close to one another breathing the same air. The origins of the name "influenza" come from its Italian roots "influenza di freddo", or "influence of the cold".

If you're really interested in some quick, non-heavy (academically) ways to learn about this particular virus and viruses in general, there have been several very well-made and informed documentaries from PBS and others this past year-and-some change.
I wasnt talking about influenza viruses. It was about Ebola, and other deadly viruses that are on africa. if Covid19 is able to get dna of these viruses, it would be very dangerous virus. Ebola itself was highly kill virus, only able to transmit through fluid. If a such virus can move freely through Air, you are seeing something that is worse than black death.

Is this like when they killed off the old transformers so they could sell new Transformers?
That and it's also like us going before the Quintesson court, being judged as innocent, but then feeding us to the Sharkticons anyway. We still don't have the Kup and Hotrod vaccine demolition derby boosters yet.

Old timer!? That's something you'll never be if you don't get back to the city and get that booster that Ratchet was supposed to be working on. Oh wait. Damn.... It was being brought on that last shuttle. Fuck.

Last edited:
Time to close some borders and go back to living in walled castle towns
I have been trying to do that in Dragon Quest builders, but no matter how high I build the walls They still spawn inside my city. I extended that first one way beyond what could be considered normal, and built the walls high and thick. I really hate how they keep getting in just because the game says so.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I wasnt talking about influenza viruses. It was about Ebola, and other deadly viruses that are on africa. if Covid19 is able to get dna of these viruses, it would be very dangerous virus. Ebola itself was highly kill virus, only able to transmit through fluid. If a such virus can move freely through Air, you are seeing something that is worse than black death.

Viruses don't absorb the DNA of other viruses. They're merely small packages of DNA or RNA themselves that hijack the systems of cells in organisms - even organisms as simple as bacteria (they're called bacteriophages). If ebola, going by your example, ever mutated in some way that made it similar to a coronavirus, it wouldn't be because it gobbled up another virus or whatever you're suggesting. It would merely be a coincidental mutation. Again, viruses don't do that.

In any event, the longest standing virus and its strains to plague humankind is influenza, which did not originate in Africa. In fact the Spanish Flu most likely originated in the USA going by all of the data and hindsight. SARS-CoV-2 also did not originate there. I guess the stigma regarding Africa and viruses comes from the fact both Polio and Ebola originated there. But such environmental conditions are far from unique to Africa. There's regions of South America and Southeast Asia, for example, that are extremely similar.

kingfey

Banned
Viruses don't absorb the DNA of other viruses. They're merely small packages of DNA or RNA themselves that hijack the systems of cells in organisms - even organisms as simple as bacteria (they're called bacteriophages). If ebola, going by your example, ever mutated in some way that made it similar to a coronavirus, it wouldn't be because it gobbled up another virus or whatever you're suggesting. It would merely be a coincidental mutation. Again, viruses don't do that.

In any event, the longest standing virus and its strains to plague humankind is influenza, which did not originate in Africa. In fact the Spanish Flu most likely originated in the USA going by all of the data and hindsight. SARS-CoV-2 also did not originate there. I guess the stigma regarding Africa and viruses comes from the fact both Polio and Ebola originated there. But such environmental conditions are far from unique to Africa. There's regions of South America and Southeast Asia, for example, that are extremely similar.
I was born in somalia. and we have cold flu here. Because of the rain, and the temperature change, we get cold easily, and our immune system isnt that strong.
With our low medical advances, Viruses like Covid19 is heaven here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom