• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console Screenshot thread 2022 |OT|

Kupfer

Shameless copypaste from cormack12 cormack12 s' 2021 thread, here we go!

Welcome to the neoGAF 2022 console screenshot thread!!!

h6Xq8Bx.png

We'll make it as painless as possible, but some guidelines to keep the thread sensible for everyone else.

1. Non-emulator screenshots only.
2. Gaf uses 'lazy loading' in spoiler tags. This means the images will load when users click the spoiler rather than on page load. Consider using them as a courtesy for mobile users and 4K images
3. Two screenshots per post, and two consecutive posts allowed.
4. Put the name of the game and the console you took the shots (see also number 6).
5. Do not post major plot points from games released in the last 2 months. Try to keep spoilers to a minimum. And before you accuse another poster of posting a spoiler think first if your post might actually give spoiler context to a post where there was none before.
6. While 4K images are allowed, you are highly encouraged to take 1080p screenshots instead (see 2.)

3A3LFvc.png

Lensdump
Flickr
Abload
Imgur

Have fun GAF!

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Can I ask if you're playing in SDR or HDR and roughly what settings you have (ie where the slider sitting for the 2/3 pages) on the brightness calibration pages?

The instructions aren't very good and if you follow them you'll mostly end up massively crushing the shadows/blacks to get a good black level like what I'm seeing in this image on my end. I can give you settings that will give you deep blacks and not crush shadows if you want, best to know the settings you have applied first though since it might just be the screenshot messing with the image.

rofif

Banned
What's up with the low bandwidth anti 4k rules? f that. This is a glorious screenshots thread. Just don't visit in on mobile plan...
Anyway - a tip - if You take a screenshot on a PS5 an using HDR, the images are converted to SDR (like all images below) and a super small sub 1mb size png. So ps5 4k is very friendly in this regard.

co8P01E.jpg
tlJcaQO.jpg

8HDSgbD.jpg

MVgEP7O.jpg

Kupfer

Kuranghi Kuranghi
Can I ask if you're playing in SDR or HDR and roughly what settings you have (ie where the slider sitting for the 2/3 pages) on the brightness calibration pages?
Playing with HDR, RT off, maximum brighness is set to the maximum and the other setting is set to the 11th line out of 21.

My LG OLED CX is set to
Ultra HD deep color - on
"Game" HDR-picture-mode
60 OLED-Light
90 contrast
50 brightness
0 sharpness
55 color
0 tint

dynamic contrast - off
super resolution - off
color gamut - auto
gamma - 2.2
color temperature - warm2

I basically set up my PS5 and LG OLED CX like Theo advices to, except for 60 instead of 100 OLED-Light in my case.

Looks superb IMO.

The instructions aren't very good and if you follow them you'll mostly end up massively crushing the shadows/blacks to get a good black level like what I'm seeing in this image on my end. I can give you settings that will give you deep blacks and not crush shadows if you want, best to know the settings you have applied first though since it might just be the screenshot messing with the image.
It looks different (better) on my TV than on my monitor right now. I don't know, how much quality gets lost when transferring the screenshot to the computer and convert it to .jpg to fit in NeoGAFs' 1mb upload limit.

rofif rofif
What's up with the low bandwidth anti 4k rules? f that. This is a glorious screenshots thread. Just don't visit in on mobile plan...
You could look beyond your own horizon and think about it. Others may not have fast internet or use an old laptop to visit the forum. I myself have a pc that is now almost 10 years old. It would just be considerate to take the minute to save others problems.
but yeah "f that".
Disappointed Questioning GIF

But do what you want. I assume you're an adult and I don't want to dictate anything to you here. I also asked in the old thread why no one follows the rules...apparently I'm the only one for whom the thread, if the page contains many pictures, builds up shitty slow.
Anyway - a tip - if You take a screenshot on a PS5 an using HDR, the images are converted to SDR (like all images below) and a super small sub 1mb size png. So ps5 4k is very friendly in this regard.
Skii1CX.jpg

You're right. Used the wrong setting I guess.

I'm pretty sure I've seen these screenshots before ;)

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Kuranghi Kuranghi
Playing with HDR, RT off, maximum brighness is set to the maximum and the other setting is set to the 11th line out of 21.

My LG OLED CX is set to
Ultra HD deep color - on
"Game" HDR-picture-mode
60 OLED-Light
90 contrast
50 brightness
0 sharpness
55 color
0 tint

dynamic contrast - off
super resolution - off
color gamut - auto
gamma - 2.2

I basically set up my PS5 and LG OLED CX like Theo advices to, except for 60 instead of 100 OLED-Light in my case.

Looks superb IMO.

It looks different (better) on my TV than on my monitor right now. I don't know, how much quality gets lost when transferring the screenshot to the computer and convert it to .jpg to fit in NeoGAFs' 1mb upload limit.
11th out of 21 is the middle of the slider right? Setting it like that + max/-1 from max brightness on the first page is what I would suggest anyway for HDR so sounds good. Just looks so so dark in that chandelier room image on my display, I can't see hardly anything. I feel like some mismatch of levels happened when taking the screenshot because I'd imagine it looks right on your end according to your in-game settings.

The settings of your display don't affect the screenshots you take/what I see so thats a moot point for me, but it sounds good following Teoh anyway.

rofif

Banned
Kuranghi Kuranghi

My LG OLED CX is set to
Ultra HD deep color - on
"Game" HDR-picture-mode
60 OLED-Light
90 contrast
50 brightness
0 sharpness
55 color
0 tint

dynamic contrast - off
super resolution - off
color gamut - auto
gamma - 2.2

Looks superb IMO.

rofif rofif
You could look beyond your own horizon and think about it. Others may not have fast internet or use an old laptop to visit the forum. I myself have a pc that is now almost 10 years old. It would just be considerate to take the minute to save others problems.
but yeah "f that".
Disappointed Questioning GIF

But do what you want. I assume you're an adult and I don't want to dictate anything to you here. I also asked in the old thread why no one follows the rules...apparently I'm the only one for whom the thread, if the page contains many pictures, builds up shitty slow.

Skii1CX.jpg

You're right. Used the wrong setting I guess.

I'm pretty sure I've seen these screenshots before ;)
I might've posted these, I don't remember :p
Anyway, HDR screenshots on ps5 are like 700kb-1mb.
SDR 4k screenshots are easily 14mb. There is no conversion there

Kuranghi

Img BB is great for preserving the quality of png screenshots, this is my page:

Take 2 mins to sign up and you can get direct links much more easily after uploading.

Top Bottom