• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console War Thunderdome |OT| We Don't Need Another Hero

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
55018a1bc3a1c2b32e2492c007dadb83059ecdb6.jpeg

:messenger_bicep:

Fat Frog

After Ueda... Sony lost:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/amp/2017-09-13-naughty-dogs-bruce-straley-leaves-the-studio
(Last of US, Uncharted 2, 4)

OUCH

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2020/12/24/bloodborne-producer-leaving-sony/ (Demon's Soul, Bloodborn)

OUCH

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/silent-hill-creator-keiichiro-toyama-leaves-sony-to-form-new-studio/ (Gravity Rush, Siren)

OUCH

But, hey, Sony still have Milk Chocolate foiled awards for LGBTQFJREH+€# story driven dramas...

Sony first party studios fortress and proud playstation fans for years to come...

Sony ex talents soon on xbox, Switch, PC.

Meanwhile at Microsoft.

ETZ9YssX0AE1-V3

- Obsidian, Bethesda, Tango, done.
What Next ?

- 505 ? Take 2 ?

- Why not both, lol.

Last edited:

angelic

Banned
Microsoft havent released a good original game in years, ive no idea why anyone would bother with their shit. Gamepass gamepass everyone cries, theres nothing on it worth bothering with, and believe me I tried. I used my month trial to play oxenfree (amazing), then just about ran out of decent stuff to try. Sure there were about 100 games, but just hackneyed old crap I could get for 5 quid each in CEX. I quite liked some set in space fps adventure thing where you could watch recordings of the missing crew in real time, and creature in the well was quite good...apart from that, it was shit.

Meanwhile on ps4, TLOU2, Tsushima, and all the rest of the great library. MS have all these so called studios, and what do they pump out? That DMC british team that fucked up dante put out some sports game that died. Rare arent even doing their own Perfect Dark update. They split the player base with a gimped console. The pad is identical to last gen. The dash is in 1080. I bet the machines have that fucked up gamma with black crush that MS have been pushing since the 360. Ive got 2 xbox OGs, my 360, and an xbox one for a media player and occasional game like Nightdives amazing Turok, but i'll never give those idiots another penny on hardware. I love Phil but he's delivered nothing except good interviews and good hardware with nothing to play on it.

I expect to be ridiculed by xbox fans and thats fine, I dont mind, they need something to do while they wait for some games.

Last edited:

Fat Frog

Microsoft havent released a good original game in years, ive no idea why anyone would bother with their shit. Gamepass gamepass everyone cries, theres nothing on it worth bothering with, and believe me I tried. I used my month trial to play oxenfree (amazing), then just about ran out of decent stuff to try. Sure there were about 100 games, but just hackneyed old crap I could get for 5 quid each in CEX. I quite liked some set in space fps adventure thing where you could watch recordings of the missing crew in real time, and creature in the well was quite good...apart from that, it was shit.

Meanwhile on ps4, TLOU2, Tsushima, and all the rest of the great library.
It's a little far fetched... Each year, Sony is only at 70% on metacritics even with the very well received AAA, which means the rest of the games are often under 70%... :messenger_beaming:

For instance,

Sony : 71,8% :(
Microsoft : 76,6% :) (even if we add Bethesda, Microsoft is still beating Sony)

Sony probably has higher peaks (for the moment) but is less steady. (one year later it's the same, Microsoft being at 76,2 and Sony at 71,5%).

Sony was overall yellow (mixed flag)on metacritic during this generation. :messenger_loudly_crying:

Microsoft was mostly green. :messenger_beaming: :messenger_sunglasses:

Sony is overrated :messenger_rocket::messenger_beermugs::messenger_ok:

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Microsoft was mostly green. :messenger_beaming: :messenger_sunglasses:

Sony is overrated :messenger_rocket::messenger_beermugs::messenger_ok:

It must hurt you so much in your soul whenever people keep bringing up the sony exclusives and they keep winning goty awards.

S'ok tho, someone has to sacrifice themselves to support xbox so that it limps around to keep sony honest.

We honor your sacrifice.

I just feel that while Sony has gotten off to a great start, they are going to let Microsoft catch up around 2022. The launch issues aren't quite as bad as the red ring of death territory but it has the potential to get there.

Microsoft has also bought up the best WRPG studios so they now own an entire genre and are super strong with FPS. Sony has some smartly designed hardware but they have to play catch up with VRR, backwards compatiblity graphics options, etc. Microsoft will fully utilize HDMI 2.1 before they will.

I'm not saying Microsoft will win the generation based on any of this but it's not hard to see how they are getting their act together. I also think Microsoft poaching away from Sony a key woman in charge of poaching talent will prove beneficial. I'm hoping Sony matches Microsoft in the WRPG area by building some studios.

One prediction: Sony Japan Studios crumbles this gen. They will let it wilt on the vine.

I also have a gut feeling that Sony's other first party studios have some misfires and take a step back this gen.

Last edited:

Fat Frog

It must hurt you so much in your soul whenever people keep bringing up the sony exclusives and they keep winning goty awards.
Naamloos-2.png

and Microsoft, Nintendo, Sega, Capcom and 10 other publishers keep beating them on metacritic. (which is still garbage though but it makes Sony fans suffer so it's quite useful :messenger_beaming: )

Fat Frog

Ok, Sony boyz, don't cry, i was kidding.
(the Sony masturbation was just quite annoying).

Most Sony games are not mediocre but just OK. (i kinda like their high budget remakes policy)

But don't be blind either... As i said, they put too much focus on a few titles and not enough for the rest:

only 22#Sony
(most of their outputs have mixed reception as you can see: 70% of them)

I think they'll enter the top 10 publisher in 2020, maybe the top 5 but that's quite rare...

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

No Offense REALLY NO OFFENSE, but I Think you Should Delete This Video but if Not THE CAN OF WORMS IS NOW OPENED!!!!!!!! I HAD TO STEP IN SO HERE IT GOES!!! This is The Classic Excuse of Liberal Generation Z I Do not Understand why Anybody would claim Bill Gates Console and To Relate being a xbox fan is American Wich The people on the Left Are Not for America The Gamers for America Are Not Xbox Supporters Only Playstation Fans Who Support President Trump can Say it Was Their First Gaming Console and Relate To Being a PlayStation Fan to being a Patriot American Claiming The Truth About Xbox is in a Bible Stand Point Xbox is The Mark Of The Beast and Those Who Support Xbox are saying The Support X Marks The Spot The Mark Of The Beast on The Right Hand and Forehead and will Join The people on The Left Against Jesus Christ You Can't Tell xbox fans Anything of my inpute They have to See It for Themselves if Not I Think Xbox Supporters will Use Xbox to Put it as Jesus Christ But Really are Worshipping the Antichrist Agenda Every xbox fan thinks this same thing And This is Further From The Truth He does Not Present a Conclusion based upon Rashional Thinking instead this is based On Politics in Gaming I Suggest This Goes Even Further, White Liberal School Teachers have Programed him to The Frequency of Satan And The Antichrist Spirt is What He Sounds like a The same White Liberals who can't Comprehend that Your Not American for Having a Xbox first gaming console and some how Relate this to what being an American What Next your going to Say you follow the Bible and Jesus Christ? This Sounds more like What White Liberal Jews Would say, I Support Only Conservative Jews for Jesus Christ And He needs to hear that he is Being Led Astray by The Devil at the Liberal Public Schools like what I say or Not but in Your Hearts Of Hearts (YOU KNOW!) WWE Paul Hey Man Scream, I'm Telling People like him The Truth to Drop your Xbox, it's Bad for Ya just like George Carlin Said in his Comedy Liberal Republicans or Biased Democrats I have talked to are the only fools who I have seen to Glorify a Gaming Console above Jesus Christ in The Holy Bible The Worship of Computers is What The Mark Of The Beast is and Means I don't believe in the comments here that support this Antichrist Gaming Console, I Don't Care Not Only his opinion but those who Support Xbox Do Not Speak for My Fanship of Playstation or America, Xbox Supporters hate America You Would Think Democrats would Support Playstation being they Always Got there Nose Overseas for Emeny Countries like China who both Playstation and Xbox are made and assembled in I Conclude The Console Wars to The Battle of Armageddon, The Last War of Man And The Battle Of Good and Evil The Last War in Heaven, Xbox Supporters For Evil The Mark of The Beast and Playstation Good Supporters of The Light Of Jesus Christ, His 2ND Coming The Mark Of GOD IN HEAVEN Revelations 21:4 For My Reasons, I Will NEVER Support Any Generation Who Sides With Satan and his Unholy Companies in Gaming Besides I Will Not Take The opinion of Generation Z Who Ate Tide Pods, ALL CREDITABILITY IS GONE PAL!!! You can't have An Opinion about Playstation Products And Another Thing In Genius After Michael The Ark Angle Throwed Satan to Hell Satan's Face was So Horrible and Hideous Then Tricked Adam And Eve into Biting The Apple To Rebel Against God saying "You Can Do As You Please" And The Golden Calf That Was Worshiped When Mosses came down from the Mountain to See All people Worshiping False God's and Golden Calf This is Really Disheartening and American People should Homeschool to Stop the Liberal indoctrination This is more Like MK ULTRA what Xbox Supporters are Supporting All the Worst Traits that Can't get a Person into Heaven Without Great Great Great Repentance Turn Away from xbox Sin, people and So what Both Companies in America have More Employees and Bosses who are Liberal Democrats, This is My Opinion based Solely Upon The American Constitution and Besides being a xbox supporter you Can't Claim you Support America and You can't call yourself An American when the Democrats are Responsible for Slavery And Started The Civil War Prager U Youtube Channel Game OVER!!! GLORIFY THE JESUS CHRIST IN THE HOLY BIBLE!!!!!!!!

Fat Frog

60 bucks for Skyward Sword and i'm sure the Nintendogs will buy it 1 million times minimum.

But, hey, it's Nintendo. As for quality and respect of their legacy, at least they never fail...

Last edited:

NickFire

Trolling is allowed here. I'm not sure for the other OT...
Not sure if this would count as trolling or not, but I've got the feeling that we are about 3 years away from people claiming $30 per month (plus microtransactions) is the best deal in gaming.

Last edited:

NickFire

Bookmarked. Will remind you 3 years from now.
I hope you do because it's the biggest question to me. I guess technically it is really two big questions, those being:

1) Can MS keep the current cost comparable to the present, long term, without angering shareholders; and
2) Does MS even remotely intend to keep the current cost comparable to the present, long term.

These unknowns are the biggest drawback to GP for me (still can't believe what I paid to upgrade my 360 hard drive). I wouldn't subscribe today regardless of the answers solely because there is literally nothing on it that I am willing to pay to rent at the moment. But I'm still drawn to all related news because in 1-3 years from now it should be fairly robust with new gen games. I want to believe it will be a great deal down the road, but it just seems really unlikely to me based on the cost of acquisitions and general game development.

Fat Frog

Gavin Moore (The Puppeteer, Demon's Soul Remake) could leave Japan Studio soon.
RiRK.gif

Japan Studio : "I'm ok, i'm goo... "

Sony Defense Force:

"LOL, nobody knows him. "
"Who cares ? Sony western Studios got Alanah, black trans, and white progressive developers who identify as toilet paper. Next GOTY is ours ! "

SDF behind closed doors:
"Please be an april fool, please... "

Fat Frog

HOLLY SHIT ! Crazy leaks on a train was right for the Xbox handheld like ho ho ho :).

Skies of Arcadia remaster next !

PS: Crappy touch controls...

Last edited:

NickFire

So if you subbed at MSRP on the day Series X launched, and the price remains static, how much will you have paid to play the soon (just one more calendar season or two) to be released Forza and the non-free part of Halo when Starfield launches?

If my math is correct, 15 * 24= 360, which coincidently was the name of my last xbox that I owned.

That's a lot of money and I don't care how many indie games that release day 1 during the same time period.

Tschumi

As per Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights ' post in the other thread, maybe it's worth giving this a bump?

I like Playstation. er, but I also like nintendo. Er but I've also owned an OG xBox and a 360... I guess on Balance I like Playstation most because I think their handhelds are god's gift to handheld gaming. Here's the console warring cred: I think the way xbox tried to make TFLOPs into a johnson-measuring, got 'em or ya don't got 'em contest in the runup to the release of this generation of consoles was pretty shitty. And I'm glad that PS has shown that up with superior performance in many most, not all cases.

(sorry if this bump wasn't something u were encouraging lol Bill O'Rights)

oooh it's in communities maybe that's why people don't see it, maybe it aughta be moved to Gaming

buenoblue buenoblue

200.gif

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Since this is the thread for it. Christ Microsoft needs to get their shit together game wise. Halo infinite look at best to be a solid entry in the series. Every exclusive game for that system is a solid game. That's their issue.

Fat Frog

Mandatory

"Blablabla cloud gaming is too unstable... lol Stadia... "

tenor.gif

Series X > 500 dollars console (sorry 600 to 900 bucks in 2021) > crash gaming.

Stadia/GFN > 0 dollars service > no major issues.

Disclaimer:
Xcloud on Xbone is pretty damn cool...
Cloud gaming ✌😜

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Is this thread a trap? How far people can go in this? Because i'm holding my thoughts about Sega Saturn inside for too long.

Fat Frog

Interesting concept... 😆

Top Bottom