• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles which you've grown to appreciate more/less of over time?

Dynasty8

More: The Series X is a great console. Powerful, decent price, great controller, and best of all Gamepass. Having owned one since launch, really satisfied so far.

Less: The Switch... I ended ul selling mine. It feels so cheap... like a toy. Prices hardly ever come down for hardware and software and online performance continues to disappoint. And the specs are just awful for today's standards...even for a handheld. Playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3 in glorious 720p 25fps...yeah not a good experience in 2022.

pramod

Banned
I feel like you lack historical context. The PC Engine was originally a Famicom competitor. Despite its late release in the US, it's an 8-bit system. Much like the SMS, its hardware crushes Nintendo's. It also was home to the best game ever made: Akumajō Dracula X: Chi no Rondo.
That's very fair. But I just feel that outside of Dracula X and maybe Y's, there really isn't that many "must play" games on the Turbo. Sure, it's got a treasure trove of obscure Japanese shmups and RPGs and franchises not found anywhere else, but most of those games really aren't that good, when compared to the best games on the Genesis and SNES.

Top Bottom