• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Construction has started on Nintendo Donkey Kong theme park world

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Despite being heavily reported on over several years, Universal Studios Japan’s DK-themed world still hasn’t been officially announced.

However, as pictured by social media users, construction cranes now loom large over Super Nintendo World’s Osaka environment, and aerial shots reveal that a jungle-themed backdrop has even been plastered alongside the construction area.

Some shots taken in July even suggest that part of the DK world’s structure has already been assembled, likely for a minecart-themed rollercoaster ride.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Construction is coming along nicely

z1PjecY.jpg

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I hope they have actual rides. I watched a video of the Super Mario World in Japan and it just looked like stuff you walked through and little minigames.

Marty-McFly

Banned
I hope they have actual rides. I watched a video of the Super Mario World in Japan and it just looked like stuff you walked through and little minigames.
Did I hear it was going to have the DK Minecart ride with gravity defying jumps or am I misremembering?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

To further immerse guests into Nintendo’s well-known series of games, Universal Studios Japan will expand the land to include a new area themed after Donkey Kong.The area will feature a roller coaster, interactive experiences and themed merchandise and food. Guests will be able to take a walk on the wild side through the lush jungles where Donkey Kong and his friends live. The new area is set to open in 2024.

jigglet

Banned
Once the world opens up tourism in general is going to explode, generally speaking. I don't think it's even worth considering a visit for at least 5 years. The lines will be stupidly long.

Top Bottom