• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Contra Rogue Corp looks awful.

Thabass

Twin Stick shooter with weird platforming, repeated levels, and insanely padded gameplay. It's almost like Konami doesn't give a shit anymore. :(

rubhen925

I've played till the end of Mission rank 3 solo on the Switch. First the input lag. The amount of times i've overheated and spamming the change gun buttons and he just stands there looking like a goof is insane. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to annoy the hell out of you.

The game is clearly made for coop, because the insane amount of enemies they drop in the later missions make solo play almost unenjoyable. The graphics ain't the best but the gameplay is ok for an isometric shooter. But 54 bucks canadian before taxes is insanity. should be 30 buck at most.

I was making a walkthrough series on YT, but i'm done. I'd rather not break my switch joycons out of pure annoyance from the input lag lol.

Coop works to a certain extent. It lags a lot. My internet i gigabit internet, so their servers must be shit.

SpiceRacz

The demo sucked ass. Aside from feeling really bland, the overheating mechanic is just annoying and unnecessary.

Stuart360

Its kind of......fun?, in a meh way. 30fps lock on PC lol, shit graphics, clunky controls (on controller, even though you have to use one), but its passable if you're bored.

Pimpbaa

How is that Contra? Whats next, a Castlevania fighting game?...oh wait. Glad we got stuff like Blazing Chrome and Bloodstained, because Konami is probably never going to give us anything good again. Now all we need is someone to make a spiritual successor to the Gradius series.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
didn’t want to slate this but my hunch was right. Won’t got this. I have blazing chrome and will get the contra collection later

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
A $40 game.

Contra isn't the type of game that warrants $40-60. There just isn't enough content.

Now if Konami wants gamers interested, just make some good digital downloads for $20. No 3D crap. Just make some short side shooter remakes like the old generations.

Pretty sure that's all Contra fans are looking for.

Iorv3th

A $40 game.

Contra isn't the type of game that warrants $40-60. There just isn't enough content.

Now if Konami wants gamers interested, just make some good digital downloads for $20. No 3D crap. Just make some short side shooter remakes like the old generations.

Pretty sure that's all Contra fans are looking for.

I think Hard Corps Uprising on 360 was only like 10-15$ and a hell of a lot better than this game.

I actually had some fun with the demo, but I heard it kind of goes downhill from there. Seemed decent, but then again I’m generally a little more lenient I suppose.

Top Bottom