• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Control 2 (Electric Boogaloo) officially announced.

winjer

Gold Member
Glad to know there is a sequel coming.
But this reveal is a bit underwhelming. Not even a trailer to serve as an appetizer.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Will get on day 1 for sure. The original was great. Maybe the gameplay wasn't amazing in every way, but I fucking love SCP and similar stuff. Bring on more weird shit!

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I feel like all the people complaining about "no story" have very low attention spans and poor imagination. Didn't you guys read any of the journals, do the side missions, etc? That stuff really expands upon the organization, the House, and all the weird shit that's going on there. It's rather well realized. There just aren't flashy cutscenes every five minutes.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Hope it has a story this time and much better gameplay
It has a story, one that I enjoyed quite a lot, actually I love that type of stories and the tone... I just wish they stop putting everything into long paragraphs this time, I liked reading them but at one point or sometimes I just wanted to keep on the flow of the game and it broke it

BTW, this announcement was more anti-climatic than oil exploitation, it was like a non-announcement because I swear it was already announced some time ago lol Yet I'm happy to see it

Last edited:

tusharngf

first one was a blast and did not look last gen at all now they are going full next gen !! this and alan wake will be the best-looking games of this gen.

what does "Electric Boogaloo" means?

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

First game was neat, but lost me in a number of ways. I doubt I'll go back to it, unfortunately. But I'm curious to see how this pans out!

Orpheum

Control was fuckung glorious. Aside from the stupid ass map, i loved every aspect of the game. Happy to see they're going back to it. Best fucking ps plus download ever

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I heard the plot is she is looking for her dad.

jay-leno_custom-3c2f49acd5742faa0b8ee86ff43bc08a02a9aed5.jpg

I feel like all the people complaining about "no story" have very low attention spans and poor imagination. Didn't you guys read any of the journals, do the side missions, etc? That stuff really expands upon the organization, the House, and all the weird shit that's going on there. It's rather well realized. There just aren't flashy cutscenes every five minutes.
If it its not a cutscene, its not story teehee.
Control has excellent world building, being in the oldest house while uncovering just wtf happened was engrossing.

Arsic

Every Remedy game I’ve played is hyped to the moon shovelware.

I am surprised they are doing Alan Wake 2 and this at the same time since the studio can’t make one solid product at a time. Alan Wake 2 looks interesting , but the first one was such a turd it’s hard to get excited.

Control I will say is their best attempt at a good game. The enemy variety was just crap, and the entirety of the games visuals when it comes to environments was beyond dull and boring. If the sequel can improve on these two things while retaining the interesting combat and story, then I’ll bite.

Kvally

Banned

I am surprised they are doing Alan Wake 2 and this at the same time since the studio can’t make one solid product at a time. Alan Wake 2 looks interesting , but the first one was such a turd it’s hard to get excited.

Control I will say is their best attempt at a good game. The enemy variety was just crap, and the entirety of the games visuals when it comes to environments was beyond dull and boring. If the sequel can improve on these two things while retaining the interesting combat and story, then I’ll bite.
Remedy hasn't made a game as good as Alan Wake 1...since Alan Wake 1. Max Payne games I can't comment on because I haven't played them. I tried to play one last year, and there must be nostalgia glasses there because the controls were horrid and I couldn't play it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

I dont bother with Remedy games. They focus their games on a combo of one part action, one part mystery plot, one part cinematics.

All I know is the cinematics or eye candy bits seem to be the best parts and most PR'ed segments of the game. Which isn't what I look for in games as my priority focus.

Last edited:
Could they be spread a little thin or looking for a buyout? They're already working on Alan Wake 2, Max Payne Remake, and now this... how big of a studio are they?
I liked Control. Fun gameplay what I expect from Remedy. Brutalist environments, sparsely populated world, and humanoid but faceless enemies all worked well with the setting, probably saving a lot of dev time.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Meh, I enjoyed Quantum Break a lot more. The metroidvania BS of control bored me.
Doesnt Remedy have the license to that IP.
Id think they would atleast have begged Epic or 505 to give us a sequel to that game, yeah it sold "poorly" yeah it cost alot (because you made a frikken TV show too).
But its mechanically Remedys best game IMO. And I loved throwing shit around in Control, but Quantum Break just worked once you had all your powers.
Ending it on a cliffhanger was frikken bullshit.

Cut out all the TV show stuff and just make a straight up action game, balance out the powers some more cuz Joyce should have better control of them in the sequel and give us more of that goodness!

CamHostage

Glad to know there is a sequel coming.
But this reveal is a bit underwhelming. Not even a trailer to serve as an appetizer.

It is underwhelming, but I think we have to forgive these, "What, no fanfare?" announcements, with games taking this long to make these days.

This is a publisher contract announcement (rather than Remedy being able to make its own announcement; they could have kept the name off what was being contracted and just let us guess that this was either Control 2 or the Condor project,) and 505 Games is a publicly traded company. It's business, and we gamers just happen to benefit from it, even if not as much as we would like in these privileged times of epic event trailers and marketing hype. This is a game we pretty much knew was coming, and we might get more soon (or not,) so for now, at least we know, plus we got a weird bit of concept art to dissect.

SkylineRKR

Control UE was great and platted it on PS5 with pleasure. It was also a day one Plus game but I would've bought otherwise.

Valt7786

1st game was amazing, can't wait for this. Hope they can lean even more into the building/environment shifting around you kinda thing. and the particle effects and destruction. particles EVERYWHERE.

Wildebeest

Alan Wake isn't my thing at all, I just don't get anything that sort of game, but I enjoy Control. Maybe they will consider not changing too much of the formula to cater to hardcore Alan Wake fans.

-MD-

Honestly didn't care for Control at all, didn't follow anything that was happening and overall didn't enjoy my time with it. I'm in for Alan Wake 2 though.

Valonquar

I enjoyed Control on PS5 as a PS+ free game. I will possibly enjoy Control 2 on PS? as a PS+ free game... or not. Whatever.

So I never would have bought this game but PlayStation put it on Plus (with all DLC) for free when the PS5 came out. I loved it so much I played it twice since then. So now when Control 2 comes out I will buy it day 1. Like any good drug dealer, "the first one's free" motto to get you hooked worked.

I have not played Alan Wake but am familiar with some of the lore. I assume the same will happen with this remastered edition. Release it on PS+ before the sequel and bring in a whole new audience.

Also, Control ended on a cliffhanger. I'm not going to spoil it for those who haven't played it but her brothers story is unfinished & will be curious to see where this goes in her new leadership position.

LordOfChaos

It's only going to be for the PS6 and Xbox Whizbang?

Nah but current gen only is great, hope it really leans into everything they can do then especially SSD stuff

Last edited:
Top Bottom