• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Control Expansion 2 AWE - Announcement Trailer

SnapShot

As Director of the Federal Bureau of Control, Jesse Faden must enter the Investigations Sector and confront the creature lurking within this long-abandoned part of the Bureau. This threat has haunted the sector for years, waiting on the other side of the sealed Firebreak. In order to reclaim the Investigations Sector from its clutches, Jesse will need to explore the numerous Altered World Events investigated here, including one from the town of Bright Falls.

AWE brings new story content and side missions as well as new weapons and mods to the world of Control.

Launching on PS4 August 27, 2020
https://controlgame.com/

There he is!
Eew9zXNXkAE-MCN

Skifi28

Gold Member
They really want that tie-in to Alan Wake 2. A PS4 release of the first game wouldn't be too bad to go along with it.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I beat this game not that long ago and it blew my mind, but I'm not sure I'm ready to hop back in just yet.

Cool to see Alan Wake pop back up I wasn't sure if they had those rights or not.

SnapShot

a bit late but more details on the Expansion here, Replayable Ashtray Maze, Boss Fights, and more. 15 minutes premiere on Twitch at twitch.tv/remedygames on Thursday, August 13th, from 9am PDT.

Did you catch the shots of those arcade machines in the AWE trailer? Those are special Altered Items that let you access some new gameplay modes, including a horde mode and a time trial.

The community has been asking for the ability to replay story missions, and while we can’t quite offer that, if you own AWE, you will be able to replay the much-loved Ashtray Maze through the arcade machine. You can also replay certain boss fights from Control’s main campaign, as long as you’ve already beaten the bosses. There’s definitely some excellent rewards up for grabs, including a new outfit for Jesse.

In addition to the paid AWE expansion, all owners of Control will receive a free update in August. In it you’ll get a new upgrade for Launch called Multi-Launch, more checkpoints added to the trickier main story missions, and some more quality of life features that we’ll talk about closer to the update’s launch.

The free August update also contains additional usability options in the form of the Assist Mode. This is a set of game features that can be enabled or disabled separately from each other in Control’s options menu.

Do you want to know more? For the world premiere of the first 15 minutes of AWE, and a more detailed breakdown of what to expect in the expansion, join us on Twitch at twitch.tv/remedygames on Thursday, August 13th, from 9am PDT.

AWE_stream_splash_1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Playing this on PS4 Pro and when i unpause the game the frame rate is all over the place still, after all the updates.
On base PS4 the game needs 2-3 seconds to resume after pausing it. Very annoying. What's strange is that it doesn't happen if I pause it from the touchpad menus.

I also had this DLC crash on me during the big 'arcade mode' fight. It was frustrating, because I was close to winning.

Top Bottom