• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONTROL | PS5 - Xbox Series X - PC | Performance vs Graphics Modes Comparison | Frame Rate Test

Are you trying to be stupid? Why would any developer publicly complain about development tools? It's not meant for the public and it would not go down well with Microsoft if a developer openly crictisied their tools, hence they remain anonymous. The Dirt dev said they were fine, while releasing a shocking Series X version, yeah that proves your point 😅
Look you're doubling down on the tools are to blame, its fine, stick to it. But since there is zero evidence apart from DF saying the tools without any real proof, meaning or context doesn't make it true. Deal in facts, not fiction.

Look you're doubling down on the tools are to blame, its fine, stick to it. But since there is zero evidence apart from DF saying the tools without any real proof, meaning or context doesn't make it true. Deal in facts, not fiction.
I'm not doubling down on anything, I don't care. I just wanted to call you out on the rubbish you post, goodbye.

AeneaGames

Seems like its a hard thing for you to imagine that MS basicly threw away the well known XDK for the new GDK. And all that shit during a pandemic etc.
Dont get why you ps fanboys cant deal with the fact that the GDK isnt mature enough.
But whatever fits your narrative

Since it's a fact I'm sure you can provide a link to more information about it. Would love to read more about this.

I'm not doubling down on anything, I don't care. I just wanted to call you out on the rubbish you post, goodbye.
When DF do their job impartially and stop having a bias, people will stop calling them out for it. Negatives for xbox are always downplayed by john. According to some other posters, he used to post on GAF hating on sony while rubbing one out over xbox.
ok scurry away then, bye.

Dirt 5 lead dev has said Xbox had excellent tools -- most mature, most stable Xbox tools ever.
Yes in a pr puff piece and Microsoft paid for marketing and it's even an Xbox interview. If that's all you have I think it's pretty weak to say this is a fact. Especially with how the game actually came out looking and performing on Xbox.

Caio

What an example of blatant hypocrisy, favoritism and manipulation from the Alex/Tom couple, a new height..
Actually they say both look and perform very good, but also they clearly state that XSX version need some small fixes, without going into detail...also the pointed out on ""kind of"" engine stall on XSX and less stable frame rate, which according to them cannot be the GPU but the problem is located somewhere else.

Fredrik

These consoles 1.5 year ago wouldn’t even have ray tracing , DF also didn’t think so, now they do , people are still disappointed 😞 comparing it to 600 and up pc gpus
It’s the most talked about graphics tech in gaming right now, I think it’s fair to be disappointed if that becomes a rare thing or if framerate is halved on the new consoles. They’re supposed to last for 6-7 years and if you ask me it feels like they’re already behind.

Azurro

Banned
Sorry to bump this but I really, really hate playing this game. The reason why is that the rasterised version looks extremely plain and uninteresting but locks in at 60 FPS and has responsive controls.

However, you turn on ray tracing and the look of the game changes a lot, the reflections give it a different look and even the colours of the surfaces change, you can tell the game was designed with Ray tracing in mind. The problem is that in this mode the framerate plummets to 30 FPS and the input lag makes it even worse and ultimately, aside from the reflections, the game still looks like a PS4 game. I always end up with an unsatisfying experience either way.

I hope UE5 gets here soon because this is a bit underwhelming for next gen.

Last edited:
Sorry to bump this but I really, really hate playing this game. The reason why is that the rasterised version looks extremely plain and uninteresting but locks in at 60 FPS and has responsive controls.

However, you turn on ray tracing and the look of the game changes a lot, the reflections give it a different look and even the colours of the surfaces change, you can tell the game was designed with Ray tracing in mind. The problem is that in this mode the framerate plummets to 30 FPS and the input lag makes it even worse and ultimately, aside from the reflections, the game still looks like a PS4 game. I always end up with an unsatisfying experience either way.

I hope UE5 gets here soon because this is a bit underwhelming for next gen.

The 30fps mode in this feels pretty awful, IMO. It makes the 30fps mode in Miles/SMR feel like 60fps in comparison. Something really sluggish about the camera aiming.

So yeah, I had to play through on Performance mode, which feels great.

I still think Performance Mode looks good though, these are some of my pics from performance mode

FTJsx09.jpg
9KUXJ8K.jpg
XivwMVr.jpg
CnURmi9.jpg

Azurro

Banned
The 30fps mode in this feels pretty awful, IMO. It makes the 30fps mode in Miles/SMR feel like 60fps in comparison. Something really sluggish about the camera aiming.

So yeah, I had to play through on Performance mode, which feels great.

I still think Performance Mode looks good though, these are some of my pics from performance mode

FTJsx09.jpg
9KUXJ8K.jpg
XivwMVr.jpg
CnURmi9.jpg

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I've already run into a couple of moments where the game looks very nice. It's just that those are not the usual moments, most of the type you are looking at a bland, featureless government building.

And I get why it's like that, because they want to make heavy use of ray tracing, the physics of all the dynamic objects in the scene, it can look pretty hectic, but it's still really sterile looking most of the time with the performance mode, and it is not pleasant to play in ray tracing mode.

D.Final

Banned
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I've already run into a couple of moments where the game looks very nice. It's just that those are not the usual moments, most of the type you are looking at a bland, featureless government building.

And I get why it's like that, because they want to make heavy use of ray tracing, the physics of all the dynamic objects in the scene, it can look pretty hectic, but it's still really sterile looking most of the time with the performance mode, and it is not pleasant to play in ray tracing mode.
True

Top Bottom