• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Converting Your Game Collection From Physical to Digital

Lillie

Wasn't there some rumour that microsoft was copywriting some method to get users games from physical to digital

phil_t98

#SonyToo
There is nothing different, I do not trust apple of course, the problem with music is that sometimes I don't want to buy the whole album because I may like only 1 track from that album. Why should I pay for the rest of the tracks that could be garbage (for my taste)? So they are giving me the opportunity to pay less and get what I want. In Gaming Industry there is no such a thing.

You just buy the games you want that’s the difference.

So in the same light you’re saying about loosing your game collection you could loose your whole music collection the same way.

Me personally I buy music digitally, films digitally and games digitally. Had no issue with any (so far) plus my family can access the collection if they are away from home or in their rooms. It’s the way forward.

I have ne er traded in games and still have a big collection of SNES, GameCube , PS1, N64, Xbox 360 games plus more. I just like digital these days

kyubajin

I prefer paying a little more if I can get the physical version (although normally it's the opposite until digital sales happen). Somehow when I buy a digital game I don't feel I "own" anything, and I know that physical is just a license to play the digital version most of the time. Yet I can 99% insert the disk to most games I have and play version 1.0 without downloading anything.

Top Bottom