• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magni

I can see him pulling a Zidane, returning from international retirement to save Argentina after it starts looking like they'll miss qualifying.

but that begs the question: who will he headbutt? :p

Adnor

Banned
People in Temuco are, of course, fucking happy:

7TOpzTG.jpg

cRqxPL9.jpg

FgnwOFX.jpg

ZDnyGVn.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Messi is salty as fuck. No way he stops going with Argentina. He will calm down and will be back for qualifiers.

Even so, voicing it is gonna put even more pressure on him. He's showing the wrong attitude.
what? He can still play one more WC. Did 3 final losses leave him this broken?

4. He was with the team that got trounced by Brazil in 2007

Perro

Renuncio? Era para tanto?
El primero en renunciar no fue Martino o Higuain, fue Messi. Si fuera Argentino me corto los huevos.

Calvero

Banned
Maybe he feels it's useless to go on with the National team. 3 finals straight that you don't win. Maybe he thinks it doesn't make a difference if he's there or not

nb4 Argentina wins 2018 world cup without him :^)

Messi is salty as fuck. No way he stops going with Argentina. He will calm down and will be back for qualifiers.

Come on, salty? He is sad as fuck, and with good reason, he fucked up, and in Argentina not everyone but a huuuuge percent blame him for everything when it comes to the national team. Even the tv/radio/newspapers commentators beat the shit out of him.

I hope he reconsiders it.

Nesotenso

Even so, voicing it is gonna put even more pressure on him. He's showing the wrong attitude.

4. He was with the team that got trounced by Brazil in 2007

I meant in a row.

Both Messi and Mascherano announce their national team retirement the same night. That's shocking.

Back to focusing on dominating the Champion's League, I suppose.

Lol MESSI the god mad

If you get double X triple teamed you better hope your teammates step it up but their shots were garbage all game
Just keep playing bro damn , we all take L's

Should just stick to World Cup play at this point

Sad but expected. He's old. He had a great run.

I love Mascherano, he's been the heart and soul of the team for some time. During last World Cup, he went up to Romero right before the penalty shootout with the Netherlands, pulled him close, looked him in the eyes, and said, "Hoy, to convertis en un heroe (Today, you become a hero)!" Fired his goalie up and sure enough, Romero came through huge.

Messi has all the talent in the world, but he's more reserved and soft spoken. Mascherano is more of the vocal leader. He might make a great coach some day.

GunBR

Punished Messi.

No matter. Champions League is all that matters.
But, because of his lack of success on the national team and for having played all his career on one of the best teams of the world, a lot of people will always say that he is worse than Maradona (like happened at this thread a few pages a go)

It's not a good sign to go and say that shit, it's like a big fuck you to his people. He should just apologize and move on, nothing more than that.

Toxi

Banned
I love Mascherano, he's been the heart and soul of the team for some time. During last World Cup, he went up to Romero right before the penalty shootout with the Netherlands, pulled him close, looked him in the eyes, and said, "Hoy, to convertis en un heroe (Today, you become a hero)!" Fired his goalie up and sure enough, Romero came through huge.

Messi has all the talent in the world, but he's more reserved and soft spoken. Mascherano is more of the vocal leader. He might make a great coach some day.
Agreed. I will miss Mascherano and his glorious shit-eating grin.
Just look at how proud this old man was with his jersey signed by the entire Roja
That's awesome.

I think the truth is that this is a statement about AFA. They're already being investigate by FIFA and the Argentine government. He's tired of AFA

Unless there are serious changes, he won't be back.

Band of thieves.

I hope messi sticks to his decision and arg dont qualify for wc2018.
I think the truth is that this is a statement about AFA. They're already being investigate by FIFA and the Argentine government. He's tired of AFA

Unless there are serious changes, he won't be back.

Band of thieves.
Explain
But, because of his lack of success on the national team and for having played all his career on one of the best teams of the world, a lot of people will always say that he is worse than Maradona (like happened at this thread a few pages a go)
Most people dont know shit about football so it doesnt matter. Messi is defo top 5 players of all time.

Black_Red

I guess I can understand Messi retiringm but Mascherano? he was like the Gary Medel of Argentina, the player that always gave it all for his team. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom