• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cory Barlog began writing the script for a potentially new PlayStation 5 Exclusive with the help of.......

Tripolygon

Banned
Popularity doesn't equal qulity
If critical acclaim, commercial success, public reception, regard and numerous awards from fellow creatives does not account for the game's quality, then what does?

I hate this stupidass cup out retort folks use to avoid making an argument for their inane opinions.

Last edited:

Terenty

If critical acclaim, commercial success, public reception, regard and numerous awards from fellow creatives does not account for the game's quality, then what does?

I hate this stupidass cup out retort folks use to avoid making an argument for their inane opinions.
Britney Spears, Justin Bieber i dunno some other shitty popular singer are now the best artists in the world according to your criteria? Do you have your own opinion ?

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
Britney Spears, Justin Bieber i dunno some other shitty popular singer are now the best artists in the world according to your criteria? Do you have your own opinion ?
While popular as they are or in the case of Britney, was way back when, they aren't the best artists. They aren't terrible either. You don't gain popularity by just mere existing, you have to offer something people want and enjoy. Fortnite is not the best game out there but i can see that millions gain enjoyment from playing it so in my opinion it offers something interesting that keeps people engaged.

And also Britney Spears and Justin Beiber are nowhere near the most popular artists. Michael Jackson, The Beatles, Elton John, Madonna, Elvis, Adele, Rihanna, Beyonce etc etc.

Last edited:
god of war walking simulator... confirmed

OSYtCS7.jpg

Vtecomega

Banned
Getting perhaps back on topic, looking through Barlog's Twitter feed, it seems every other post is about the evilness of Donald Trump, or some smiling soyboy retweet. Probably expect the next historical game to be about the evilness of white people. Is there any serious writer in the gaming industry exploring their soul deeper, or is it all just shallow trash? How can anyone be excited for this man's work? If he's getting paid millions to write for a videogame, can we really expect literature quality story, or just more tropes and easter eggs (the true sign of an accomplished videogame writer)?

Edit: Yes, I know I've added fuck all to the industry, but just wondering, not being a troll? Personally I think walking sims are heading in the right direction, but they are all too focused on fantasy horror right now.

Ive been saying this for fucking years about Cory. About time someone else noticed.

I have two challenges for you, although it is difficult since you probably didn't even play.

1) Name 3 games with more mechanics than Death Stranding in the current generation.

2) Name 2 most innovative games in terms of game design in the current generation.

Death Stranding is brilliant, although not for everyone. In fact, I understand that the idea of the strand game (not allowing negative interactions between players) is almost inconceivable for a quarrelsome community that thinks gameplay is all about jumping, hitting and shooting.

A walk with complicated crossing, ghosts, thieves, terrorists, skulls and monsters? It looks like an intense walk.
And no, I was never a big fan of Kojima games.
I can tell you'll quickly become a force to reckon with on NeoGAF :messenger_bicep: :messenger_fire: :messenger_beermugs:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I have two challenges for you, although it is difficult since you probably didn't even play.

1) Name 3 games with more mechanics than Death Stranding in the current generation.

2) Name 2 most innovative games in terms of game design in the current generation.

Death Stranding is brilliant, although not for everyone. In fact, I understand that the idea of the strand game (not allowing negative interactions between players) is almost inconceivable for a quarrelsome community that thinks gameplay is all about jumping, hitting and shooting.

A walk with complicated crossing, ghosts, thieves, terrorists, skulls and monsters? It looks like an intense walk.
I mean I don't have an answer to that. I just find it as a boring, terrible written slog.

So in that case:
1) Any RPG with fetch quest, well minus that balance shit. I mean Tony Hawk Pro Skater has that and that came out, when I was in elementary school.
2) The Witness would probably count here.

GamerEDM

Banned

1) MGS5
2)) MGS5

Top Bottom