• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter Strike: Global Offensive Just Broke Its Concurrent Steam Record

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Reactions: KU_

twilo99

Amazing game.

Credit has to be given to the developer recognizing what they have and putting enough effort to keep things up to date and improving it over the years.

I wouldn’t call it the best FPS, but it’s definitely one of the best.

I remember playing 1.6 along with Quake 3 and even though it wasn’t my thing and competitively I always enjoyed quake more , I knew they had something special, I just had no idea how resilient it will be. It turned out that it was the better formula out of the two I guess.

It’s interesting to see how every other FPS is struggling with multiplayer, even CoD, but CS is chugging along….

Last edited:

apowhungo

valve
birdman-respeck.gif

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Is this the longest running MP game?
Its "only" like 10 years old.

World of Warcraft came out in 2004.
Team Fortress 2 came out in 2007.
League of Legends came out in 2009.
Left 4 Dead came out in 2009.

Obviously there are even older titles but they have like 1000 dedicated players so i wont bother with them.

• Triggered
Reactions: TLZ

TVexperto

can someone explain to me how i get those crates and keys? i see people telling stories how they sold year old things from cs go for 1k+??

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I remembering playing the mod along time ago, but much preferred action quake 2 at the time. It's kinda crazy to see how Valve's support transformed one mod into a huge decades long success while the other was left as a footnote.

Holammer

can someone explain to me how i get those crates and keys? i see people telling stories how they sold year old things from cs go for 1k+??
Play the game and you get crates and poor quality weapons with some regularity. Keys are bought in-game for 2,49€.
I played the game quite a bit a few years ago and had a collection of crates, which had increased in value, sold some last year for 120€ worth.
So yes, if you keep them for a few years they grow in value. Here's one I have in my inventory.

The reason why people play the game now is that new cases sell for a lot the first few days/weeks before it drops off. Revolution Cases sell for 5,95€ on the Steam market right now.

nP35Q0g.jpg

TVexperto

Play the game and you get crates and poor quality weapons with some regularity. Keys are bought in-game for 2,49€.
I played the game quite a bit a few years ago and had a collection of crates, which had increased in value, sold some last year for 120€ worth.
So yes, if you keep them for a few years they grow in value. Here's one I have in my inventory.

The reason why people play the game now is that new cases sell for a lot the first few days/weeks before it drops off. Revolution Cases sell for 5,95€ on the Steam market right now.

nP35Q0g.jpg
Thanks for the explanation! What gamemode do I have to play to get those Revolution cases and how often do they drop? Do I have to win matches for that? I used to play CS Source many many years ago quite a lot so all of this is quite new for me.

Last edited:

Holammer

Thanks for the explanation! What gamemode do I have to play to get those Revolution cases and how often do they drop? Do I have to win matches for that? I used to play CS Source many many years ago quite a lot so all of this is quite new for me.
At the end of a game, ranked or casual does not matter as long as it is a VAC secured server. It's been awhile since I played, but I think they will drop from all game modes, like Arms Race or TDM if you want to play casually without the time commitment of a full match.

Here is a video from a CSGO skin pro doing a case unboxing when the new case dropped (three days ago). He buys x20 cases for 15,90€ each.

Top Bottom