• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

country thread.

dcll

Banned
Cody Jinks, Creed Fisher, Whitey Morgan and the 78's are some of my favorites.

I went to a Cody Jinks concert in 2019, it was great

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned

I'm a big fan of Sturgill but MY GOD when he sings low he sounds like he mumbles and drools. Maybe it's because I'm not a native English speaker but I only understand half of what he says, I always have to look at his lyrics to figure out what a fuck is going on. Luckily he's a really good writer and his lyrics are well worth reading.

sunnysideup

Banned
I'm a big fan of Sturgill but MY GOD when he sings low he sounds like he mumbles and drools. Maybe it's because I'm not a native English speaker but I only understand half of what he says, I always have to look at his lyrics to figure out what a fuck is going on. Luckily he's a really good writer and his lyrics are well worth reading.
How can you not understand what he is singing in this song?

I am not native english speaker either.

Bragr

Banned
How can you not understand what he is singing in this song?

I am not native english speaker either.
First sentence of the song, it's like: "yuuuuuuuuh friend". The official lyrics are "if you need a friend". He mumbles out part of his sentences.

highrider

Banned
I like a lot of country, it’s very close structure to R&B. It’s actually expanding in some interesting directions and I like some of the new artists.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
It's funny...I live in eastern Tennessee only 3 hours or so from Nashville, and neither I nor any of my friends or family listen to country music. I never really thought about that until now. 🤔

Even though I've barely heard any of her music, I have a lot of love for Dolly Parton. She is an absolute sweetheart and a blessing to anyone who knows her. ♥️

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm not a fan of most country music, but I absolutely LOVE folk music - especially folk music involving violins which I feel comes dangerously close to saying I enjoy country. Some weird shit I enjoy

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
It's funny how Europeans like to whine about the USA.

But quiet as kept: we are nowhere near as racist or hateful as you. We just have have a super big military so, suck it, I guess?

Yes suck it. We're the same as you just stronger and better looking. Deal.

Top Bottom