• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

Leyasu

Banned
I had to spend the first lockdown with kids at home - trust me, it was hell. Multiply that by millions on edge and you have a recipe for disaster.

Finally after 90 minutes I got in and booked my shot for December 1st, awesome. Will be done with it next week, then chill for 5 months.
I had the kids at home too. Plus the 3 times that their school was closed.

Nice one for the 3rd dose. I am trying to get mine booked

Korranator

The Times cited the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Tuesday figures, which reported 386,233 coronavirus related fatalities in the U.S. for 2021. In all of 2020, the U.S. recorded 385,343 fatalities. The former figure is only expected to rise, as there is still over one month left of the year.

Citing “experts,” the Times attributed the increased fatalities this year on a “confluence of factors,” focusing primarily on what it described as “crucially lower-than-needed vaccination rates, but also the relaxation of everyday precautions, like masks and social distancing, and the rise of the highly contagious Delta variant.”

So more deaths in 2021 than 2020 data straight from the CDC.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
So more deaths in 2021 than 2020 data straight from the CDC.

Not necessarily meaningful if you consider the CDC reported between 12-52,000 flu deaths annually between 2010 and 2020. Smaller numbers sure, but heavy variance considering how long vaccines have been available.

sinnergy

Ultra mega super deluxe variant is here ! Right on queue and from the expected part of the world , at least I saw it coming . Lock downs galore ahead world wide , to stop Xmas spread .

sinnergy

I had to spend the first lockdown with kids at home - trust me, it was hell. Multiply that by millions on edge and you have a recipe for disaster.

Finally after 90 minutes I got in and booked my shot for December 1st, awesome. Will be done with it next week, then chill for 5 months.
There won’t be any chilling with this new mega variant, only change in life style will help.

There won’t be any chilling with this new mega variant, only change in life style will help.

eh-we-will-see-larry-david.gif

A lot is unknown and I remember how quickly Mu came and went. UK taking this kind of quick action is new though.

GHG

Gold Member
eh-we-will-see-larry-david.gif

A lot is unknown and I remember how quickly Mu came and went. UK taking this kind of quick action is new though.

If the UK of all places are taking this kind of action so quickly then it's probably worse than is being let on.

Variants will be coming and going , as humans we need to be flexible and adjust to a changed world .

We had 2 years to adapt but people can't even do something as basic as wearing a mask when out and about. I have little hope we will ever tackle this correctly as long as attitudes stay the way they are.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
I have no problem WFH in a limited manner, gives me a chance to do laundry and vacuum the apartment. Likewise I have no issue with booster shots every 5-7 months (which looks like it will be the norm in France).

sinnergy

You can listen to the Daily Mail if you like.

….or, you know… an actual leading epidemiologist.

We had one talk here, she also inspected the lab in Wuhan, she was very concerned… but this was always the outcome .. to bad we didn’t adopt in these 2 years. But it’s rinse repeat so maybe there is hope we will adopt and change how life is becoming..

Last edited:

sinnergy

If the UK of all places are taking this kind of action so quickly then it's probably worse than is being let on.

We had 2 years to adapt but people can't even do something as basic as wearing a mask when out and about. I have little hope we will ever tackle this correctly as long as attitudes stay the way they are.
For the smartest beings on earth it’s baffling and disappointing

chromhound

Baum spoke with Pfizer's CEO, Albert Bourla, who said it could take scientists 100 days to develop a novel variant vaccine to combat Nu

T8SC

:messenger_unamused:

Fuck it, I'm going to work on Xmas Day to rake in the overtime, might as well cos no doubt we'll be locked down again with this shower of shite continuing.

betrayal

Banned
Minister of Health of South Africa: "There is NO EVIDENCE that the Nu variant evades our current vaccines."

A. Coetzee, chairperson of the South African Medical Association: "It’s all speculation at this stage. It may be it’s highly transmissible but so far the cases are EXTREMELY MILD."

Media: "Prepare to die."

Last edited:

sinnergy

Minister of Health of South Africa: "There is NO EVIDENCE that the Nu variant evades our current vaccines."

A. Coetzee, chairperson of the South African Medical Association: "It’s all speculation at this stage. It may be it’s highly transmissible but so far the cases are EXTREMELY MILD."

Media: "Prepare to die."
Denial .. a more transmissible version is always bad news .. this version has 50 mutations .. 32 from the 50th are in the spike protein .. it couldn’t be a more worse mutation to be honest . (There probably will be more ) if we don’t watch out, it will be a complete pandemic reset ..

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Denial .. a more transmissible version is always bad news .. this version has 50 mutations .. 32 from the 50th are in the spike protein .. it couldn’t be a more worse mutation to be honest . (There probably will be more ) if we don’t watch out, it will be a complete pandemic reset ..
You know how to stop the virus from mutating? By having people vaccinated or imposing extreme lockdowns, pick one.

sinnergy

You know how to stop the virus from mutating? By having people vaccinated or imposing extreme lockdowns, pick one.
I picked one 2 years ago, that was a world wide lockdown for 3 months … that window has passed , we made our bed .. this is what the world is gonna look like .. it’s not for nothing China and some other countries go full out with lock downs..

btw mutating doesn’t stop with vaccinations, but with stopping circulation … we can even get a bad version if it mutates in to many vaccinated.

Last edited:

DapperSloth

For the smartest beings on earth

Considering that we humans maim and kill other fellow humans, hunt animals to extinction, think the earth is flat and is the cause for rising heat, you are being very kind haha, but it is not surprising. We will be our own downfall with this much stupidity.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
So to be clear if this shit gets bad, we can have new vaccines out pretty much as fast as we can approve them. Now that the tech is in place updating the vaccines is not hard.

I think we're going to have to do it like flu with a seasonal update.

We're gonna have a vaccine for this ready to start trials by Christmas.

Last edited:
Delusion. A complete pandemic reset? Dude close your laptop. Cut off the news feed.

I can drop a link from an actual doctor on why you're being hysterical too if you'd like. Also just checking since you were so self certain in your reply to that dude but you realize quantity of mutations doesn't exactly equal severity?

Last edited:

Loki

Count of Concision
From a study presented at the Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association annual conference a few weeks ago, and published in the the journal Circulation, a leading cardiology journal: Mrna COVID Vaccines Dramatically Increase Endothelial Inflammatory Markers and ACS Risk as Measured by the PULS Cardiac Test . Part of the abstract:

These changes resulted in an increase of the PULS score from 11% 5 yr ACS risk to 25% 5 yr ACS [acute coronary syndrome] risk. At the time of this report, these changes persist for at least 2.5 months post second dose of vac. We conclude that the mRNA vacs dramatically increase inflammation on the endothelium and T cell infiltration of cardiac muscle and may account for the observations of increased thrombosis, cardiomyopathy, and other vascular events following vaccination.

An article on the findings from The Cardiology Advisor can be seen here.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
From a study presented at the Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association annual conference a few weeks ago, and published in the the journal Circulation, a leading cardiology journal: Mrna COVID Vaccines Dramatically Increase Endothelial Inflammatory Markers and ACS Risk as Measured by the PULS Cardiac Test . Part of the abstract:

An article on the findings from The Cardiology Advisor can be seen here.
It would be even worse after a COVID infection. Unfortunately our immune systems are imperfect.

Loki

Count of Concision
It would be even worse after a COVID infection. Unfortunately our immune systems are imperfect.

That's simply speculation on your part, under the assumption that there's a 1:1 relationship in all the mechanisms of action between the vaccine (in all its components) and a live COVID infection (i.e. that the noted effects are strictly due to the immune response to the vaccine-generated spike protein, same as it would be for the live virus spike protein). That said, I would imagine (hope) that, given that these values are measured for the patient population in question on a regular basis, this same analysis will be conducted for before and after COVID infection. If it also ends up showing a ~2.5x increase in 5-year risk, then and only then could you state what you did with confidence.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
L Loki are you for or against our current vaccines? I genuinely don't like taking vaccines that haven't had enough studies done to make sure there are no complications, but what is the alternative? The alternative is potentially being on life support in a hospital in an induced coma.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
That's simply speculation on your part, under the assumption that there's a 1:1 relationship in all the mechanisms of action between the vaccine (in all its components) and a live COVID infection (i.e. that the noted effects are strictly due to the immune response to the vaccine-generated spike protein, same as it would be for the live virus spike protein). That said, I would imagine (hope) that, given that these values are measured for the patient population in question on a regular basis, this same analysis will be conducted for before and after COVID infection. If it also ends up showing a ~2.5x increase in 5-year risk, then and only then could you state what you did with confidence.
We already know that viral infection is the main cause of myocarditis, and we have plenty of real life evidence from hospitals as shown above that COVID is no different. Maybe on these particular markers it isn't as bad, maybe, but with the real patient outcome data it seems pointless to rely on biomarkers.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
You need to calm down until the experts have done their job and their is more data

Top Bottom