• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cowboy Bebop | Official Teaser “Lost Session” | Netflix

Looks pretty bad.

im-shoked-im-shocked.gif

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Looks pretty bad. But won’t be surprised if more people watch this than the actual anime (like Death Note)
Then they watch the anime and complain how it's nothing like the live action...

Relique

Check out the intro if you haven’t yet, you might see something at 0:36 that I think you’ll appreciate 😉

also, viscous is a bit on the nose (in a way), but I’m cool with it. His voice in that trailer was fine with me too. Not trying to be exactly the same, but still had that whispery, almost talking under his breath kind of tone

the actor has a pretty menacing look to him, but not pasty white enough to match the show. eh, overall I’m good with it even if the changes from the OG are a bit jarring
Untitled-design-12.png

vicious-cowboy-bebop-header.jpg

Yeah this is sooooo bad. The interview with the actor was all about trans rights and how important inclusivity is 🤦‍♂️ Like listen I have nothing against trans people but Gren wasn’t a trans character, he had tits from side effects of a drug he took for PTSD. Lol he’s a beloved character, fans of the OG don’t want this, and this type of fake woke pandering should be offensive to trans people, imo.

It’s a massive misstep for the show and a bad sign of other horrible decisions im sure they will make.

Check out the intro if you haven’t yet, you might see something at 0:36 that I think you’ll appreciate 😉

also, viscous is a bit on the nose (in a way), but I’m cool with it. His voice in that trailer was fine with me too. Not trying to be exactly the same, but still had that whispery, almost talking under his breath kind of tone

the actor has a pretty menacing look to him, but not pasty white enough to match the show. eh, overall I’m good with it even if the changes from the OG are a bit jarring
Untitled-design-12.png

vicious-cowboy-bebop-header.jpg

Yeah this is sooooo bad. The interview with the actor was all about trans rights and how important inclusivity is 🤦‍♂️ Like listen I have nothing against trans people but Gren wasn’t a trans character, he had tits from side effects of a drug he took for PTSD. Lol he’s a beloved character, fans of the OG don’t want this, and this type of fake woke pandering should be offensive to trans people, imo.

It’s a massive misstep for the show and a bad sign of other horrible decisions im sure they will make.

While you are right about Gren, who would be more appropriate to play a gay (debatable I know) male with tits than a trans person?

VN1X

Banned
Another franchise ruined by the creativly bankrupt Hollywood it seems. Great!

Last edited:

Corpsepyre

Banned
47 % on RT right now, with a 5.7 avg

Netflix is weird. It's like they have Ron Howard as the head, where you get some really good and thoroughly engaging content, and then something like this and several other films and shows that are super forgettable or straight rubbish.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Around 1:35-1:36 they show what appears to be Mad Pierrot. I’m not sure I’m ready for this show to be butchered by live actors. This is one of the greatest animes I’ve ever watched. I’m somewhat interested in watching this.
C823610-D-500-F-4-F98-8514-2-D667254-BD2-E.jpg

McCheese

A soulless remake of a landmark anime series, one that is constantly drawing attention to the original while changing enough to take away the impact of what it's trying to emulate.

If this Cowboy Bebop accomplishes anything, it's to highlight the quality of the original series, justifying many anime fans' belief that trying to translate anime series from one medium to another never works out.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Flutta

Banned
fuck reviews

watch it for yourself and then judge it

I usually dont agree with critics but this has garbage written all over it. Anime to live action never works 99.99% of the time. You should know that. Watch the original instead.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

I don't know how to explain the direction of this generously. Maybe the people in charge watched Cowboy Bebop at a young age, so have a very childish understanding of what the show was and why it was cool.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
fuck reviews

watch it for yourself and then judge it
Maybe you have unlimited free time. I don't. If the majority of reviews say it's shit then it's got a good chance of being shit. I'm not going to watch something on a chance I might disagree with the majority. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Maybe you have unlimited free time. I don't. If the majority of reviews say it's shit then it's got a good chance of being shit. I'm not going to watch something on a chance I might disagree with the majority. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Damn bruv wtf do you do so much that you cant spare, what, an hour or two to see how the show is? Better be a fucking idiot zombie and rely on others opinions then judge for yourself. If the majority decide eating shit is good, then I will feel sorry for you. Cheers.

DarkestHour

Banned
I don't know how to explain the direction of this generously. Maybe the people in charge watched Cowboy Bebop at a young age, so have a very childish understanding of what the show was and why it was cool.

They probably didn't watch it until they were asked to create the live action. This isn't something made out of their love for it.

Kev Kev

I usually dont agree with critics but this has garbage written all over it. Anime to live action never works 99.99% of the time. You should know that. Watch the original instead.
Nah fuck that. You can only judge it after watching it for yourself. There’s been plenty of media I was sure was going to suck, and everyone else hated it, but when I tried it, I actually really liked it. And I was like 🤷‍♂️ I dunno I guess I’m the odd one out, but I’m glad I didn’t listen to reviews or I would’ve missed it.

Kev Kev

But.....isn't the ENTIRE POINT of reviews to help you decide whether or not to spend precious life time watching something that might be utter shite?
Fuck reviews. There’s been too many times everyone said something was bad and I liked it or vice versa.

Do whatever you want I don’t give a fuck, but I say if you want to be able to fairly judge it, watch an episode or two for yourself first.

But.....isn't the ENTIRE POINT of reviews to help you decide whether or not to spend precious life time watching something that might be utter shite?

Not entirely. They're opinions or glorified opinions or certain individuals. You should never rely on what others think, instead it should matter what you think unless you enjoy being a tool. You can perhaps guide yourself if the general idea is that it is shit like say user scores cuz those can reach thousands and more and even then I'd still say try stuff but a few critics? You'd be a fucking idiot.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Not entirely. They're opinions or glorified opinions or certain individuals. You should never rely on what others think, instead it should matter what you think unless you enjoy being a tool. You can perhaps guide yourself if the general idea is that it is shit like say user scores cuz those can reach thousands and more and even then I'd still say try stuff but a few critics? You'd be a fucking idiot.
Oh please. If a reviewer is not just a corp shill and actually gives authentic reviews, then it is pretty easy to determine if their preferences align with your own (or not). Therefore their opinion has value since it should be a pretty consistent barometer of your own, should you choose to spend life time on some media content. Even if the reviewer doesn't agree with your views, a good review should have enough description about the media to make some assumptions (i.e. 'full of shoddy action with numerous jump cuts to hide sloppy choreography' or 'loaded with gratuitous nudity' or whatnot). Some of you guys are jsut so detuned by corp shilling that you have forgotten the role of a reviewer.

If 50,000 folks ahead of me wasted several hours they can never regain on a piece of crappy media, why would I jump ff that cliff after them? One of the hallmarks of maturity is being able to learn from the experience of others, I don't gotta touch the red hot glowing stove myself to see that 4 idiots ahead of me all got burned by it.

Oh please. If a reviewer is not just a corp shill and actually gives authentic reviews, then it is pretty easy to determine if their preferences align with your own (or not). Therefore their opinion has value since it should be a pretty consistent barometer of your own, should you choose to spend life time on some media content. Even if the reviewer doesn't agree with your views, a good review should have enough description about the media to make some assumptions (i.e. 'full of shoddy action with numerous jump cuts to hide sloppy choreography' or 'loaded with gratuitous nudity' or whatnot). Some of you guys are jsut so detuned by corp shilling that you have forgotten the role of a reviewer.

If 50,000 folks ahead of me wasted several hours they can never regain on a piece of crappy media, why would I jump ff that cliff after them? One of the hallmarks of maturity is being able to learn from the experience of others, I don't gotta touch the red hot glowing stove myself to see that 4 idiots ahead of me all got burned by it.

No one's preference will ever align with yours unless you personally know that individual and even then it would be stupid to assume that. If you wanna be a tool, go ahead. A critic often is told, influenced by other factors or just misguided to make his words positive even when describing the media. They can also choose to ignore negatives and whatnot. You will never know what goes behind these reviews. User scores can certainly be trolling which I naturally find idiotic but I'd rather read some average rated user scores from randoms( not the 10's or 0's) than by some paid critic. Like I said, always trust yourself, no one else. Simple life rule. Maybe someday you'll learn what it truly means.

jason10mm

Gold Member
No one's preference will ever align with yours unless you personally know that individual and even then it would be stupid to assume that. If you wanna be a tool, go ahead. A critic often is told, influenced by other factors or just misguided to make his words positive even when describing the media. They can also choose to ignore negatives and whatnot. You will never know what goes behind these reviews. User scores can certainly be trolling which I naturally find idiotic but I'd rather read some average rated user scores from randoms( not the 10's or 0's) than by some paid critic. Like I said, always trust yourself, no one else. Simple life rule. Maybe someday you'll learn what it truly means.
??? You do realize that you can look back and see what reviewers have given other films, right? If you have also seen those films, then you can match up your preferences with theirs to gauge how likely they are to align in other films. If all they give are 10's then their rating is useless.

This is real basic adult due diligence stuff guys, at least in a world with integrity and honesty, you know, what the media is SUPPOSED to be. Cut out the shills from your feeds, focus on the folks giving real reviews. It's not hard. Clearly you are enthusiastic about watching this show on netflix, so go ahead and report back. I'll just file your opinion in the trash since that is what you seem to think it is worth.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
You'd probably have more free time if you posted on GAF less. 🐻

Gonna watch it even if its shit. Don't trust a single reviewer good or bad.

??? You do realize that you can look back and see what reviewers have given other films, right?

Clearly, you're a fucking idiot. Never in the human race has an individual changed his preferences and his opinions right? lmfao. There is no integrity in media or critics or anywhere on the internet. Only a naive person would think so but hey my dude if you're so gullible go ahead, eat up the shit. I'd rather trust my own preferences, see for myself, if it's shit its shit if not great but I will never trust some random dude on the internet, for the reasons above.

Last edited:

Fbh

It....it just doesn't work man, there's things that are meant to be animated and they just don't work in live action.

Haven't actually physically cringed because of something in a TV show/movie in a long time...but this:
Cringe Wince GIF

Last edited:

Konnor

A soulless remake

Something Netflix produced is soulless? I. am. SHOCKED.

Please people, stop subscribing to this junk service where quantity is the only priority, you're actively making the entertainment industry worse.

Yoboman

Only watched episode 1 but Im really enjoying it so far. Feels head and shoulders above any other anime adaptation

Granted I havent watched the Anime in a decade so my memory of it is very flimsy. Feels like this leans into a bit more of the stylised pulp direction a lot which works to make it its own thing

The casting really feels right when they get some time to breathe on screen

Maybe it falls apart throughout the season but episode 1 was good

I'm halfway through the second episode and so far I'm not feeling it. I suppose it doesn't help that I re-watched the original a couple of weeks back when they added it to Netflix. I don't like the characterization of any of them (more due to writing than to casting, though I also have my problems with the latter), and I don't like the dialogue, but the thing that turns me off the most so far is how weak the fight choreography is. This was a highlight of the original for me, just how cool, fluid, dynamic the action sequences seemed. I kind of feel like jumping straight to the Pierre Le Fou episode to see just how bad it gets (or whether the series is redeemed then).

Kind of surprised there isn't an OT about it.

McCheese

It....it just doesn't work man, there's things that are meant to be animated and they just don't work in live action.

Haven't actually physically cringed because of something in a TV show/movie in a long time...but this:
Cringe Wince GIF

What, the, fuck, is, this.

This is SEGA Saturn FMV game acting levels of bad and she looks like Greta fucking Thunburg.

Netflix need to delete this.

• LOL
Reactions: Fbh
Top Bottom