• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CP2077 fans, how did you resolve Judy's story? (Heartless spoilers)

Did you?

• Yep. I followed a guide.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Yep. Here's how.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Nope. Here's how.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • CP2077 has content worth posting about? Get outta heeeerr

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Tschumi

CP2077 gets a lot of hate. I'm not going to comment on that. What i will say is that I've played buttloads of it. About 200 hours now and yet, until today, I had never completed Judy's arc.

I blew it. At least, I think i made her lesbian. Not really, but I think Panam (also yet to be completed) is more my jam.

I think Panam will prefer my decision making process. Because I fucking ICED Maiko and that Australian dude at the first opportunity and I think that fucked things up. This is also good because Panam's bod is more my style.

You see, when I play these games, I keep it real (I am absolutely imitating OG Loc from San Andreas now) this usually means I'm pathologically non-lethal (hence 200 hours played, I've basically choked out every criminal in Night City twice over what with my rerolls) non-lethal of street thugs? Yes. Arasaka torturers? Yes. Gun-toting patriots? Mostly (you gotta break a few necks when they're hiding thuggish criminality behind patriotism after all!) Maiko? Fuck no.

As soon as that bitch started trying to take over Clouds and I had an option to open up, I popped all sorts of caps in her ass. And when she was down from Pax, still twitching, i pulled out a fucking big sniper rifle and buried one in her skull point blank.

No regrets.

Except i regret that, now, because the dolls are basically dead and Clouds has been re-fucked by the Tigerclaws and Judy has given me the "goodbye, V" after our little diving session.

I'm not going to reroll and do everything right to get in her pants, like i said i keep it real, I'd fuck arrogant Maiko and the bogan right the hell up all over again.

But what about you? How'd you guys do it? And, to make my poll options more clear: did you bed her, or did you not?

Ty for reading, looking forward to your input.

Last edited:

GymWolf

This is why i want to do a second run, a lot of sidequests feel like they can be played in a completely different way.

Tschumi

Pretty sure you can only romance her when using a female protagonist.
Shocked Cosmo Kramer GIF

Vagswarm

Pretty sure you can only romance her when using a female protagonist.
This is what I saw all around Reddit. When I tried as a male during her quest line (in the big water area), she denied my advances, saying I'm not her type or something like that.

The game does a good job of making it seem like you have choices when you kind of really don't, lol. In the case of playing as a male character, they literally push you to go for Panam.

Last edited:
I pretty much abandoned Judy before anything of substance started with that side quest. Panam was more interesting to me and I stuck with her for my playthrough. Was thinking I'll check out more of the available quests lines on my second playthrough whenever the new gen version comes out.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
She's gay, you can't romance her as a male. I played as a female but doesn't Judy make it pretty clear she's not interested in you if you're a male character?

Either way there's a mod to enable her romance as a male if you're on PC.

The only thing I was glad to be resolved was getting rid of that Diving Suit. I had found it on the dock before meeting Judy and the glitch in the game forced me to wear it until I got to that diving underwater town part.
I had forgot about that till this thread. thank you so much for reminding me about glitching my way through cp2077.

Flutta

Banned
She didnt want me stick i was like wtf. Then the internet told me you need to play as female 🤯, because reasons.

Thats about it. Waiting for CDPR fix the game before making another playthrough.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Yeah, Judy is gay so you can't romance her as male V no matter how you resolve her questline.

Male V and female V both have one gay and one straight romance option.

Oh yeah. I played as a female and my #1 objective from the second we met was to romance her and focus on her. Followed a guide 😊

Amazing character btw.

Last edited:

Tschumi

This all makes my "I think i made her lesbian" line in my op pretty hilarious rofl

I.. i thought she was bi, thought the game went either way.. i realised she had been together with Maiko (might be getting that name sightly wrong) but yeah, heaps of people were saying she's the best relationship so i just assumed! Oopsie!

Break Up GIF by Molly Kate Kestner

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Yes, shes a lesbian. Panam also prefers only men. Tough choice when you consider a second playthrough. I personally prefer Panam BUT if it were possible I would've loved to romance Evelyn but alas CDPR lied to all of us and choices never really matter, just a linear experience. Can;t really decide the fate of any characters.

Tschumi

Yes, shes a lesbian. Panam also prefers only men. Tough choice when you consider a second playthrough. I personally prefer Panam BUT if it were possible I would've loved to romance Evelyn but alas CDPR lied to all of us and choices never really matter, just a linear experience. Can;t really decide the fate of any characters.
I also didn't get to Evelyn's resolution until quite recently and that one really caught me out

Tschumi

Vagswarm Vagswarm B BuddyLaDouche i get where ur coming from guys but i didn't really mind that much, i also expected more choice when it came out but i quickly realised what kinda game i had on my hands and shifted my sights... I can't get enough of it, really, i think the gameplay loop is pretty damn solid - almost mgs5 levels, at a stretch, i've recently started getting later-level missions that open doors that were locked earlier on, which has been a real trip - and as i've said ad nauseum i'm basically living my best Deus Ex Human Revolution life at the moment lol... I have been trying to climb like every building, and when i got double job i literally could climb like 95% of buildings and is good. I mean, the linearity of the storylines... I don't mind it, when I want story I do story, when I want things to kick off around me, I cruise or explore

Denton

The game does a good job of making it seem like you have choices when you kind of really don't, lol. In the case of playing as a male character, they literally push you to go for Panam.
You absolutely have plenty of choices how to resolve Judy's quests.

As far as romances, each sex gets one heterosexual and one homosexual option, with four detailed and quite extensive questlines. Maybe if they developed it for another 5 years we could get even more options, but...eh

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
You absolutely have plenty of choices how to resolve Judy's quests.

As far as romances, each sex gets one heterosexual and one homosexual option, with four detailed and quite extensive questlines. Maybe if they developed it for another 5 years we could get even more options, but...eh

It was proven by modders that the game had romances for both genders for all characters but they just cut that shit for no reason.

Vagswarm

Vagswarm Vagswarm B BuddyLaDouche i get where ur coming from guys but i didn't really mind that much, i also expected more choice when it came out but i quickly realised what kinda game i had on my hands and shifted my sights... I can't get enough of it, really, i think the gameplay loop is pretty damn solid - almost mgs5 levels, at a stretch, i've recently started getting later-level missions that open doors that were locked earlier on, which has been a real trip - and as i've said ad nauseum i'm basically living my best Deus Ex Human Revolution life at the moment lol... I have been trying to climb like every building, and when i got double job i literally could climb like 95% of buildings and is good. I mean, the linearity of the storylines... I don't mind it, when I want story I do story, when I want things to kick off around me, I cruise or explore
I don't mind it either. The game was a lot of fun and well worth the time. I prefer the more linear, story-driven games anyway. The glitches and bugs were completely unnecessary though... especially after all this time.

Was just saying, that's how it was for the most part.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
CP2077 gets a lot of hate. I'm not going to comment on that. What i will say is that I've played buttloads of it. About 200 hours now and yet, until today, I had never completed Judy's arc.

I blew it. At least, I think i made her lesbian. Not really, but I think Panam (also yet to be completed) is more my jam.

I think Panam will prefer my decision making process. Because I fucking ICED Maiko and that Australian dude at the first opportunity and I think that fucked things up. This is also good because Panam's bod is more my style.

You see, when I play these games, I keep it real (I am absolutely imitating OG Loc from San Andreas now) this usually means I'm pathologically non-lethal (hence 200 hours played, I've basically choked out every criminal in Night City twice over what with my rerolls) non-lethal of street thugs? Yes. Arasaka torturers? Yes. Gun-toting patriots? Mostly (you gotta break a few necks when they're hiding thuggish criminality behind patriotism after all!) Maiko? Fuck no.

As soon as that bitch started trying to take over Clouds and I had an option to open up, I popped all sorts of caps in her ass. And when she was down from Pax, still twitching, i pulled out a fucking big sniper rifle and buried one in her skull point blank.

No regrets.

Except i regret that, now, because the dolls are basically dead and Clouds has been re-fucked by the Tigerclaws and Judy has given me the "goodbye, V" after our little diving session.

I'm not going to reroll and do everything right to get in her pants, like i said i keep it real, I'd fuck arrogant Maiko and the bogan right the hell up all over again.

But what about you? How'd you guys do it? And, to make my poll options more clear: did you bed her, or did you not?

Ty for reading, looking forward to your input.
So if you're female V, you can bang her...if you're male V you got no chance bud. Simple as that.

Judy is overrated anyways. Panam is life.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Judy pulls the friend card on you if you go with male V, unless you use mods. I’ve done Panam’s romance quest though, and it’s like playing Myst, I applaude anyone who did it perfectly without a guide 👏

Last edited:

Hugare

Yeah, she is not into guys

Panam is way better, anyway

But I understand why you felt confused. Theg game gives you a looot of flirty dialog with every romanceable character even tho they may not be into your thing.

Like, there were some conversations with River that felt weird

Last edited:

Tschumi

I'll take those claps. Thank you very much.
I've heard it happens in a tank and i just stole that tank, and she's saying all the right things, we're cuddling and looking at stars and she's telling me to expect to be needed, but she's also been saying she's "afraid to mess it up" which worries me lol

Tschumi

Yeah, she is not into guys

Panam is way better, anyway

But I understand why you felt confused. Theg game gives you a looot of flirty dialog with every romanceable character even tho they may not be into your thing.

Like, there were some conversations with River that felt weird
I'm always kind of worried about being too nice to takemura lolll

Fredrik

I'll take those claps. Thank you very much.
If you did it without messing up anything you’re a true hero of romancing! 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨
I’m still not sure I got the perfect ending, they seemed happy but if you check a guide there were traps everywhere lol

ne1butu

Judy pulls the friend card on you if you go with male Z, unless you use mods. I’ve done Panam’s romance quest though, and it’s like playing Myst, I applaude anyone who did it perfectly without a guide 👏
Panam romance is a hard one? In my play through that just felt like the default choice, went along for the ride. Best ending IMO

DeaconOfTheDank

Gold Member
Judy pulls the friend card on you if you go with male Z, unless you use mods. I’ve done Panam’s romance quest though, and it’s like playing Myst, I applaude anyone who did it perfectly without a guide 👏
Not gonna lie, I simped pretty hard for Panam in my playthrough... Pretty sure she slept with my V out of pity 😂

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I've heard it happens in a tank and i just stole that tank, and she's saying all the right things, we're cuddling and looking at stars and she's telling me to expect to be needed, but she's also been saying she's "afraid to mess it up" which worries me lol
I didn't wanna spoil it, but yea it goes down in the tank.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
If you did it without messing up anything you’re a true hero of romancing! 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨
I’m still not sure I got the perfect ending, they seemed happy but if you check a guide there were traps everywhere lol
Really, traps? I just did what came natural...kept on letting her know I was interested, did her missions with her...had a few drinks. At that abandoned house I thought for sure it was gonna go down, but she declined and I had to just kinda be okay with that, because she's a fuckin tease and a half. I had a sense if I said the wrong thing it would mess it up forever, but no clue what all the traps were.

Fredrik

Really, traps? I just did what came natural...kept on letting her know I was interested, did her missions with her...had a few drinks. At that abandoned house I thought for sure it was gonna go down, but she declined and I had to just kinda be okay with that, because she's a fuckin tease and a half. I had a sense if I said the wrong thing it would mess it up forever, but no clue what all the traps were.
Maybe I’m just too used to Mass Effect and AC.
- Wanna shag?
- Sure let’s go!
😜

Fredrik

Totally the same. I was kind of disappointed when I couldn't just go around banging everyone, lol. When Judy denied, I was taken back.
I still appreciate the complexity, just wasn’t prepared for it.
A coworker created a mix character ”for the lulz” and then both Panam and Judy went:
”Nuh-uh, it’s not happening.”.
He was not happy 😂

Last edited:

Trimesh

Banned
I have to admit I didn't realize you had no chance with her as a guy and assumed (like the OP) that I had just screwed something up. I liked Panam's character more anyway, so I guess it didn't matter much in the end.

raduque

I played a male V and I didn't read a guide, but I did know that a male V couldn't romance Judy. I did try anyway during the underwater mission (I think the line you can use is something about how good she looks in the wetsuit, and Judy just shuts you down saying something like "Don't go there, V.")
where she gives you her safehouse and then texts you from all over the country as she travels.

I put 117hr into the game, but last played it in Feb - I put it down to wait for patches and performance fixes, and more content.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I have to admit I didn't realize you had no chance with her as a guy and assumed (like the OP) that I had just screwed something up. I liked Panam's character more anyway, so I guess it didn't matter much in the end.

This is because Judy acts exactly the same to male and female V, so she gives off massive vibes but only blocks you when you engage as male V.

She is very flirty which leads to a romance as female V but a cockblock as male V.

The character is written pretty poorly in that regard.

Last edited:

nowhat

This is because Judy acts exactly the same to male and female V, so she gives off massive vibes but only blocks you when you engage as male V.

She is very flirty which leads to a romance as female V but a cockblock as male V.

The character is written pretty poorly in that regard.
Well, Panam is very flirty with a female V as well, with similar results.

Maybe, just maybe, the writing in general is not that great WRT different outcomes/player choices?

Braag

Fem V can romance River or Judy.
Male V can romance Panam or Kerry.

I learned this after my playthrough cause I just went with Panam cause she's the best girl.

SJRB

Gold Member
Well, Panam is very flirty with a female V as well, with similar results.

Maybe, just maybe, the writing in general is not that great WRT different outcomes/player choices?

Well yeah, I'm not saying Panam is better, I'm just explaining why it feels weird to get stonewalled by Judy as Male V.

The romances being locked behind whatever gender you pick is dumb as fuck if the writing doesn't adapt to that. How can you make a character give off all the "romance" vibes only when push come to shove the game does an arbitrary gender value check and decides COMPUTER SAYS NO.

Worst part is Judy gets offended when you try to romance her as male V which is the exact opposite of the vibes up until that point. There's nothing organic about these relationships, they're as videogame-y as can be.

nowhat

The romances being locked behind whatever gender you pick is dumb as fuck if the writing doesn't adapt to that. How can you make a character give off all the "romance" vibes only when push come to shove the game does an arbitrary gender value check and decides COMPUTER SAYS NO.
I mean, from a human perspective it makes sense - you can't assume everyone is bi (unless it's Dragon Age 2 or Saint's Row 4 - and yes, the latter is just making fun of romances in video games). But true, the writing could definitely use more variation when it comes to the player character's gender/romance options. Is it the largest issue with the game regarding writing and player choices, not by far in my opinion.

Tschumi

Fem V can romance River or Judy.
Male V can romance Panam or Kerry.

I learned this after my playthrough cause I just went with Panam cause she's the best girl.
is river that australian u meet in the dump? i can't remember her name she just reminded me of some really annoying people i knew in melbourne rofl so i gave her 100 eurodollars (sooo cheap) and scrammed

Trimesh

Banned
It was proven by modders that the game had romances for both genders for all characters but they just cut that shit for no reason.

I think the reason is pretty obvious - they realized they way more stuff that needed doing to have any chance of getting it completed in time and went into feature triage mode. My guess is that the quests we ended up with were the ones that required the least amount of work to get into a state where you could reasonably ship. Narrowing the preconditions for something also makes it a lot easier to test.

If that was the original intent it would certainly explain why the dialog is the way it is, though.

Top Bottom