• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Craziest thing you’ve done for trophy/achievement?

MurfHey

Godfall.

Might as well call me a fucking lunatic.

(in seriousness, it's not THAT bad of a game, I actually kinda enjoyed it, but grinding to get viable for the lvl 50 AToT run for the final trophy was...madness. It is easier now since the latest update)
Except the trophy is now bugged. It's the last trophy I need for the plat, I have hit floor 20 multiple times..no trophy.

Sad day

Caio

I finished all Uncharted Games of the Nathan Drake collection on Brutal difficulty; 1 check point in Uncharted1 and 2 check point in Uncharted3 were so hard, mostly because I had no ammo in the mag-5, and for that check point in Uncharted3 you really need it on Brutal. in a nutshell I had to climb a wall and shoot with one hand of course, and the only weapon I could use was a para9, no ammunition in the mag-5, with which one shot would have been enough to kill the enemies well hidden and al shelter. It was a nightmare, I still can't figure out how I got through that check point on brutal difficulty level with that ridiculous little gun. I screamed so much that the neighbors got out and rang the doorbell to see what was going on, I'm not kidding. Killzone on Elite was also very hard, I died so many times. What a funny memory :D

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Explorer and Loremaster on WoW when they released. That means I explored every single sub-zone across 4 continents and did something like 98% of the quests available to my faction/class in the entire MMO. Also one when you had to complete a number of tasks during each seasonal event, which means that one achievement took me literally a year to finish. Got a sick drake at the end of it, not many on our server bothered so that was nice.

That's nothing compared to "The Insane" achievement which I didn't even entertain the idea of.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo 5.
24 hour long races, two or three times... I did this before one of the big updates that would let you share the car with an A.I. so it was a nightmare.

Craziest thing? I would say more like multiple craziest things. 100% means platinum and all of DLC.

100% in Evolve
100% in Battleborn
100% in Overwatch
100% in both Evil Within 1 and 2

100% in Killzone Shadowfall.

I have many more, but those are most memorable.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Does lying about being rich count?

J2iaaup2uMe6jpbwPJFLADmXdF41fcmlAxLBrmy0t8M.jpg

Last edited:

MAtgS

Look up the main questlines, the names for those stories will persist through the entire questline.
Anything that's not part of those questlines (which would be anything you aren't directly pointed at when on them) is a side-quest.
Do Dark Brotherhood last so you don't end up killing off NPCs you need.
I just did the Windheim murder quest & the sidequest completed counter didn't go up.

Birdo

Banned
Left my PS4 on all day to get a trophy in No Man's Sky (The Survival one).

I know. It's totally wild.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Bloodborne platinum trophy. I got gud!

No seriously.
Most of the trophies i got and would consider crazy are mostly just time consuming.

With Bloodborne i really learned to stick with challenging games longer and become better.
After this one i obtained other difficulty trophies i thought i never have the skill for.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

xrnzaaas

I collected all feathers on Assassins Creed 2 without a guide.

After getting the last one I started questioning my life choices and stopped caring about trophies.
I've finished AC2 3 or 4 times, but I've only done the feather trophy once and only after taking a ~1 year break from the game. Such a boring task if you want to get the platinum. I used the guide, of course. ;)

Last edited:

Zbone

Neo Member
Couldn't find the last shard piece in inFamous, so after much searching I printed out a map of the city with the location of all shards and had to cross them all out one by one. I eventually found it and got my first and only plat on the PS3. My next one would be FF7 Remake over a decade later. My only other plat is DS remake on PS5.

Last edited:

Aion002

I've finished AC2 3 or 4 times, but I've only done the feather trophy once and only after taking a ~1 year break from the game. Such a boring task if you want to get the platinum. I used the guide, of course. ;)
I got all the trophies and then immediately started working on the feathers... I got all in a week without a guide because reasons.. The burnout was extreme.

JSoup

Banned
I just did the Windheim murder quest & the sidequest completed counter didn't go up.

Don't trust that. The counters in this game are dumb and can't count.
Actually, you know what, here's a list of all the side quests you can reference:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Last trophy i was missing in ratchet and clank 2016 was the groovitron trophy. I beat the final
Boss, and the trophy didnt pop? How i wondered, so by that point it was 11 pm. I played through the entire game over again in one sitting and used the groovitron on every single living thing in the game. Finally, at 5 am the next day, it was done.

Imotekh

Back in the days of Modern Warfare 2 I was obsessed with trying to unlock all the calling cards and emblems. That meant getting 250 headshots with all the weapons to get the Fall Camo but that was just the tip of the iceberg.

One of the challenges associated with the Sitrep perk (which made claymores etc visible in red) was shooting 200 pieces of enemy equipment through a wall. It took me fucking ages because the chances of me getting to do it more than once a round were super slim. Eventually I managed it and the actual icon itself was so ugly and bad. Almost as ugly as the fall camo I had on all these terrible guns I didn't enjoy like the F2000 or the MG4.

I remember telling my friend about it when I was playing the game with him and he just did the slowest double take like he couldn't comprehend what an idiot I was for wasting my time on that.

I was also really shit at the game and struggled to get predator missiles so the whole idea of me doing all these stupid challenges was utterly hopeless from the get go.

Couldn't find the last shard piece in inFamous, so after much searching I printed out a map of the city with the location of all shards and had to cross them all out one by one. I eventually found it and got my first and only plat on the PS3. My next one would be FF7 Remake over a decade later. My only other plat is DS remake on PS5.

I remember doing the same thing with shooting all the Pigeons in GTA4.

That 100% completion of GT4 is still one of the rarest trophies I have.

Though technically according to psnprofiles.com all my rarest Trophies are all Kerbal Space Program. As some of its trophies have less than 10 recorded achievers :messenger_winking:

I have every possible trophy from the first Kerbal which is a game I believe you can't even buy anymore. Which is why the trophies are so rare. There is a bug in one of the trophies which makes platinum impossible unfortunately. Extremely buggy game overall. But I had a lot of masochist fun doing tricky space missions to get every possible trophy in that game.

I also played the re-release of Kerbal on PS4 after the 2K aquisition and have the platinum trophy for that one. Not nearly as buggy as its predecessor . But still even when not struggling bugs... Kerbal is one of the most challenging games I have ever played.

Last edited:
Play Dead Rising for 14 hours straight.

Level up each character to level 99 in Blue Dragon (rubber band on the thumbsticks while mashing A for hours.

Eternal21

I bought a 2nd PS3 and organized a group of 20 strangers to play every day for almost 2 months boosting Warhwak platinum (it can take 1000 hours if not longer, halved by using 2 PS3's). That was back in 2013, when the server closure was announced.

Fitzchiv

The gamertag I want. Someone else has it, it's sat dormant and unused for years (yes, I do check) and must have some money in the account or something as it won't let me have it.

It's 2021, Xbox..come on..

Top Bottom