• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crazy Capcom Resident Evil Sale (Xbox)

Capcom is doing some good Christmas work.

Got Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil Remastered for $4.99 each.
Then bought Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6 as a bundle for $20
Resident Evil Revelations and Revelations 2 as well for $14.99
Already own Resident Evil 2 and 3 Remakes as well as Resident Evil Village.
Resisent Evil 7 right now is on Game Pass.

Time to play in chronological order sometime next year starting with Resident Evil 0 and all way to Village and get ALL achievements and then patiently wait for Resident Evil 9.

GG get cucked Capcom, I am gonna shit on your games <3

Nautilus

Banned
Holy damn, those are some really good discoubts.

And I really reccomend to play them in the same order they have been released.(So 1,2,3,0,4,5,6, then Rev 1, Rev 2, then 7,8) as to actually follow the story as it was intended.

If you play 0 before 1 for example, you are going to spoil alot of plot points for 1, and alot of plot points from 0 already expects you to have some knowledge of the other games in the franchise to fully enjoy. I mean, the earlier RE games are very light on story, since they are more about the atmosphere, but still.

Holy damn, those are some really good discoubts.

And I really reccomend to play them in the same order they have been released.(So 1,2,3,0,4,5,6, then Rev 1, Rev 2, then 7,8) as to actually follow the story as it was intended.

If you play 0 before 1 for example, you are going to spoil alot of plot points for 1, and alot of plot points from 0 already expects you to have some knowledge of the other games in the franchise to fully enjoy. I mean, the earlier RE games are very light on story, since they are more about the atmosphere, but still.
I will take your advice.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yeah, these games add so much retroactive stuff that playing them in a "Chronological" order will be extremely confusing. It's best to play them in release order for maximum immersion and enjoyment of the crazy RE plot.

Nautilus

Banned
Oh yeah, I completely forgot!The only mainline game that you dont have there is Code Veronica, the game everyone refers as the True RE 3. It is extremely important plotwise because of something that comes back in it. I reccomend that you at least emulate it. People like to say that its one of the weakest RE games, but I honestly think its better than 0 and 3(the original).

Oh, and if you choose to play it, you should play it after 0 but before 4.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Code: Veronica was on Games w/ Gold a few months ago and is routinely on sale.

It's showing at $19.99 right now. That is WAY too high of a price for it.

Give it a few days, it's definitely gonna go down again. I bought it for $4.99 a few months back.

PlayStation often has the games on sale as well. I own every one of them (even the dreaded Gaiden), but, I’ve bought a few digitally when they’ve been on sale. Can’t go wrong at those prices they set them at.

Top Bottom