• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

create your own chatbot, talk with Elon musk bot or play an rpg

Tumle

Character.ai/
Anyone try this site out?

The RPG games are great and very open ended since it’s an ai that comes up with things on the fly.

And sorry yea it’s more AI stuff from me.. but just think of the possibilities if something like this was implemented into a real video game!
Love to see if you make your own chatbot or rpg bot😊

Also you can create chats with different bots in the same chat and have them chat with each other.. and Join in also😋

Oh and you can also post a link to a conversation you have had or made up😊
An example
https://beta.character.ai/p/QxCtQ83QAgRqDba9E5p7dVVcnDQUE6GNozubmM-rhQI

Last edited:

GeekyDad

Haven't tried it, but the thread title piqued my interest. I'm thinking that talking to an Elon Musk bot would have to be a lot more human than actually talking with Elon Musk.

Tumle

https://beta.character.ai/p/qOTsNHDQ8jsmsUVbQ24zIB_AJGXKfvfjqGapEL3M_NU
Haven't tried it, but the thread title piqued my interest. I'm thinking that talking to an Elon Musk bot would have to be a lot more human than actually talking with Elon Musk.
lol yea probably.. i only tried some of the rpg's stuff and looked at the feed of other people's convos, witch are pretty funny :)

the rpg stuff is great, since it remembers what happened at what items and stuff you have.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Math bot seems cool as hell
dFG9T8H.png

Tumle

This makes me… angry! 😤
need to teach him respect :p
wAMU3Us.png

it's actually kind of scary how good it is at responding and getting in into character, with the few prompts i gave it, when i made it.

the thing about EviLore i only mentioned once that he was the owner and started chatting about something else.
before returning and asking about the owner.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I like how the Neogaf Forum Mod trashtalks a random user if you ask who is the worst user of the forum, lol.

Tumle

The Plato AI is just plain awful.

FDXb1Oq.jpg
Yea maybe the parameters for making the ai was not that thought out..
But you can make your own version.. if you have the time to describe him thoroughly😋
You also train it by talking With it so it gets better.. or worse😋

Last edited:

KrakenIPA

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Toots

Gold Member
That shit is so addictive
It plays so well with all the stuff you can come up with
I effing tamed a dragon using the super secret dragon handshake that also made him the coolest in the land, have him grow to adult size so he can carry me around, then found him a brother and a place to live, talked him into becoming the best dragon known to humanity, and died with a smile on my face :messenger_sunglasses:
UCCgHxG.jpg

Tumle

That shit is so addictive
It plays so well with all the stuff you can come up with
I effing tamed a dragon using the super secret dragon handshake that also made him the coolest in the land, have him grow to adult size so he can carry me around, then found him a brother and a place to live, talked him into becoming the best dragon known to humanity, and died with a smile on my face :messenger_sunglasses:
UCCgHxG.jpg
Just think when they start to implement these bots into real video games with voice recognition and text to speech.. it will really open up the possibilities for role playing in video games, where it mostly focuses on the action and very basic interaction 😊
But I’m having so much fun with these game bots and the stories that comes out of it😊

AI brings quality humour to nerds and dorks everywhere. What a time to be alive.

On a more serious note, pretty addictive chatbot and it's super well done.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think I'm doing this wrong

ELIZA_conversation.png

Toots

Gold Member
So this is based on Google's LaMDA?
They say they have their own model :

What is the technology behind Character.AI?

Character.AI is a new product powered by our own deep learning models, including large language models, built and trained from the ground up with conversation in mind. We think there will be magic in creating and improving all parts of an end-to-end product solution.

But they also say their supercomputer « hallucinate what words might come next in any given situation » so I’m not really sure :/

How does it work?

The product is based on neural language models. A supercomputer reads huge amounts of text and learns to hallucinate what words might come next in any given situation.

Anyway the quality of the chatbot really depends on the character, and if you do too many in a row the seams begin to appear, but you are right Tumle Tumle , once perfected, the implementation of the technology in rpgs will be a game changer !

Last edited:
Top Bottom