• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creepy First-Person Horror Game Help Me Seeking Funding on Kickstarter

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Madmind Studio, the developer behind the controversial survival horror game Agony, has launched a Kickstarter campaign for its new game Help Me. It seems that the studio has swapped the Hellish environments presented in Agony for a far more subdued and psychological experience this time around. The development of the game is currently classed as All or Nothing with Madmind hoping to hit a target of £13,028.

The game is described as a "story-driven first-person horror game" that tasks players with unraveling dark family secrets while moving between nightmares and reality. A short trailer is available to view on the game's Kickstarter page which gives a taste of what to expect. The trailer shows the protagonist, Maxim, exploring his family home while analyzing emails and documents for clues. A threatening figure can also be seen stalking Maxim through train carriages. A wild guess says that's the 'nightmare' part of the game.

A number of rewards are available to those who want to pledge on Kickstarter. A $2 donation will earn contributors a special thanks in the game's credits, while a $7 donation will allow fans to play the game's demo right now. The highest pledge at $200 allows artists to have their work featured in the game. Help Me is being developed in Unreal Engine 5 with 70% of the money earned on Kickstarter going to the game's development. Madmind Studio is aiming for a 2023 release date and has set an All or Nothing goal meaning that the game will only be released if it hits its target before December 23.

Top Bottom