• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion (PS5, XSX, PC) & Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Announced(PS5)

Kacho

Gold Member
So Xbox get a last gen game while PS5 get all the newer entries. I'll pass.

source.gif

mortal

Gold Member
2004: Before Crisis
2005: Advent Children
2006: Dirge of Cerberus
2007: Crisis Core

At least the remaster & Remake Part 2 will be fun games. Mid-2000s was mostly just shit lol
I'm including all of that shit too.

Now we have 3 FFVII Remake games
Ever Crisis
Before Crisis Reunion
The 1st Solider

I don't know, it's just...so much FFVII. Don't get me wrong, I liked FFVII, but not this much lol.
There's only so much you can squeeze from the same stories and world before it stops feeling special, at least imo.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
So what's the date for the Xbox release of FFVIIR?
Probably the same date as Street Fighter V.

But late 2023 early 2024 the RTX5000 series and DLSS3.0 with Realtime denoise will be round the corner and Unreal Engine 5 will be super mature.
I expect Rebirth to look like a CGI movie with Raytraced everything.

For those who are confused:
NLWXx4U.png

FFVII Intergrade (Steam): NOW
Crisis Core FFVII (Multi): THIS WINTER (22-23)
FFVII Rebirth (PS5): NEXT WINTER (23-24)

Thanks for the clarifications. I don't have too much nostalgia for FFVII so I'm actually looking more forward to FF XVI next year, but it's going to be wild if they can release that, Crisis Core and FF VII Rebirth next year.

One of those has a good chance of getting delayed and it's probably gonna be Rebirth, but it'd be interesting if it comes out next Winter.

Fbh

FF "remake" Part 2 definitely closer than I expected though I fully expect it to get delayed to 2024, shame about them seemingly further departing from the story. But at least the visuals and gameplay will be nice and hopefully with Ps5 only they can make environments bigger.

The visual upgrade to Crisis Core look pretty good. But I'm probably skipping it, couldn't really get into it on PSP and it wasn't because of the visuals (if anything the production values were amazing for PSP).

jm89

Ff is lame anyway. Haven't played a ff game since the og 7.

Xenoblade blows it away and we got xb3 in a month. Enjoy your played out jrpg peasant.
Hating on ff and not even play a single one after 7.... come on bruh

Corndog

Banned
🤣 Okay, I get it now your trolling. Have a good day sir lol.
How is this trolling? It’s a fact ff started on Nintendo console. I bought it when it came out. Wish I still had the cartridge. I don’t think it got big on PS until ff7 because of the game size. Even that wasn’t exclusive since it was also on pc.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
There have only been two or three games in my lifetime that have given me actual headaches, the motion blur they added to this was one of them.
Yeah, as someone who is not oversensetive when it comes to framerate and resolution compare to most people, this one actually bothered me.

Outlier

Why does Square hate final fantasy 8?
Because they'd essentially have to make a different game. Revamped non-abusable draw system and a story that makes sense to make it appetizing for those who remember how the original is.

Really... I only ever liked FF8 for it's music and visuals style (at the time). everything else was meh.

Fret Runner

In Crisis Core, Hiding the FF7R style ending behind the secret super boss fight with Minerva would be pretty cool and cleverly story related.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
FF7 Rebirth looks a bit underwhelming. Was hoping it would be a true UE5 title. Oh well, there is hope for the final part. Good to see them coming out with a sequel in just 3.5 years though. Making it PS5 only is also a good idea.

No idea why Crisis Core looks worse than FF7 which came out 2 years ago.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
FF7 Rebirth looks a bit underwhelming. Was hoping it would be a true UE5 title. Oh well, there is hope for the final part. Good to see them coming out with a sequel in just 3.5 years though. Making it PS5 only is also a good idea.

Because it's a lower budget PSP remaster, not a ground up full game.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

I think that's because it is only a remaster and not a remake like FFVII was.And honestly it is a pretty good one it seems.

Edit: Welp beaten twice apparently,So I'll just add that it speaks volumes about the remastering quality, that you thought it was a remake (although less impressive).

Last edited:

MikeM

Crisis Core- Day 1
FFVII Rebirth- Day 1

Obviously on PS for both, because thats the home of FF.

Is Rebirth the second instalment from remake?

Last edited:
Top Bottom