• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion (PS5, XSX, PC) & Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Announced(PS5)

Fuz

Banned
NLWXx4U.png
6jxugj.jpg

Batiman

Banned
Best news. Now FFVIIR will be complete.
Is this supposed to finish the story? Or is a third part gonna be made?

Excited for this even though the first one left me disappointed somewhat. The boss battles and world design made me continue to the end even though I found everything else pretty lacklustre. Really hope they’re able to make NPCs and side quests less boring.

Trailer came off a little meh but looked decent graphically.

Didn’t like crisis core at all though.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned

Excited for this even though the first one left me disappointed somewhat. The boss battles and world design made me continue to the end even though I found everything else pretty lacklustre. Really hope they’re able to make NPCs and side quests less boring.

I'm don't know if they're going to finish the story with rebirth. They'll probably stretch it and make a part 3.

Last edited:

Sojiro

I do agree with some of the comments here that Square is hella milking FFVII, but the Crisis Core remake has my interest. I have heard a lot of good things about the original so I might get it. Curious how the Switch version with look as that is where I will be getting it lol.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I do agree with some of the comments here that Square is hella milking FFVII, but the Crisis Core remake has my interest. I have heard a lot of good things about the original so I might get it. Curious how the Switch version with look as that is where I will be getting it lol.

It's a fun little simple action RPG. Don't go into it expecting a 60 hour open world epic. Keep in mind it's DNA was for portable gaming, so a lot of the "grindy," more gameplay focused segments are in side missions accessed at save points, promoting the "I got ten minutes of free time, lemme fire up the PSP," but each of the numerous side missions have a nice little blurb of description, making it seem like they're logically what a guy who is a SOLDIER would do in his daily job.

Combat seems simple at first glance, basic attack that can be strung out into a four hit combo, but a lot of the RPG elements come out in equipment management and different materia builds, and without spoiling anything, you have a rather large degree of control over materia development and parameters.

There are plenty of little mini games and sidequests stretched throughout the campaign and a lot of Easter eggs for VII and the series in general. Overall it feels a LOT like the progenitor of the remake. The battle system is completely different, don't get me wrong, but it just feels like the remake project and Crisis Core fit together. Give it an honest go, just don't expect the wheel to be reinvented.

peronmls

It's one for one with gameplay unlike FF7. It's totally crazy how inconsistent SE decision making is.
I like the slow-paced game Crisis Core had and I'm glad they did it for the Remake. UE games should be used for old remakes like such.

Trunx81

Crisis Core was great. Not what everyone expected, but what I needed when I played it. Hopefully the Switch version is smooth. Portable short bursts are perfect for this game.

Fret Runner

Huh, Just noticed they fixed the Buster Sword an got rid of that shitty gold base. Fucking finally, it has always bothered me lol

Ryu Kaiba

I'm including all of that shit too.

Now we have 3 FFVII Remake games
Ever Crisis
Before Crisis Reunion
The 1st Solider

I don't know, it's just...so much FFVII. Don't get me wrong, I liked FFVII, but not this much lol.
There's only so much you can squeeze from the same stories and world before it stops feeling special, at least imo.
So play as much or as little as you want, many do love it this much. I'm down for all of it except the first soldier mobile battle game don't care about that.

RaduN

Fantastic news.

FF7R-2 will most likely be a super-production, juat like the first.

Crisi Core R however looks very rough...almost like a mobile game or something. Wth is with those crappy animations. I mean, the original Crisis Core had gorgeous cutscenes.
Hopefuly it's just some placeholder until the real stuff gets put in.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
I'm confused (y'all give me some rope with this)

FFVii remake (part2) is called Rebirth and is only on PS5 or is it coming to PS4 as well?

Is remake (part 1) also coming to PS5 or did it already?

And then there is a part 3? Was this common knowledge before today?

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

I did pay ff6 on classic snes. OVERRATED!

But modern ff looks like shite to me. Story in ff7 was crap. Ain't got time for that
Says a person who plays xenoblade, its nothing but big anime titties bad voice acting and terrible writing. The way that game plays you can tell the developers don't give a fuck about polish and just want to rush shit out. Final Fantasy shits on it any day of the week.

Corndog

Banned
FF7 Rebirth looks a bit underwhelming. Was hoping it would be a true UE5 title. Oh well, there is hope for the final part. Good to see them coming out with a sequel in just 3.5 years though. Making it PS5 only is also a good idea.

No idea why Crisis Core looks worse than FF7 which came out 2 years ago.
Lower budget.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

mortal

Gold Member
So play as much or as little as you want, many do love it this much. I'm down for all of it except the first soldier mobile battle game don't care about that.
Nah I think I'm just over FFVII now tbh.
Seeing Square Enix release so many FFVII titles back-to-back just made it more apparent that I've gotten my fill of it.

Corndog

Banned
It probably is frustrating to most Xbox fans. Reminds me of half life episode 3. Eventually I just said screw it. I think it’s a mistake on squares part, but whatever.

They may make more money from whatever Sony is paying them, but it could hurt long term sales on Xbox of other square Enix games. But who knows.

Ryu Kaiba

Not a single time janny or Sephiroth hallucination in the Part 2 trailer. We might actually get a proper story remake this time. Fingers crossed!

I'm super down to play Crisis Core.
The first game was entirely setting up that things will be different I don't see that as a bad thing at all. It's exciting not knowing how things will play out.
Here's a fun video discussion that breaks it down

Chukhopops

Well at least they can’t make the story of Crisis Core any worse than it already was.

For Rebirth it’s clear they are keeping the same approach they had for Remake, not gonna get angry again and just stay as far away as possible.

EDMIX

It's one for one with gameplay unlike FF7. It's totally crazy how inconsistent SE decision making is.

lol no buddy, no its not.

Any company will make their choice based on a game by game basis.

Crisis Core came after FFVII during the PSP generation, it is more action heavy, so...its gameplay being closer to the original makes sense.

FFVII released during the PS1 generation, its gameplay changing drastically made sense too.

Why the fuck would they stay "consistent" with just making all fucking games one for one REGARDLESS? Does that fucking make sense to you? So ignore all the issues in design, ignore how gamers today as a majority play games and all huh? So...I'd say thats more crazy then what Square is doing lol

It would be like if Rockstar remade GTA1 and it was top down lol be like "wE nEeD tO bE cOnSiZtEnT DoE or pErOnMlZ be mAd" lol

EDMIX

Confirmed, a 3rd part has already started development.

TLZ

Banned
I'm confused (y'all give me some rope with this)

FFVii remake (part2) is called Rebirth and is only on PS5 or is it coming to PS4 as well?

Is remake (part 1) also coming to PS5 or did it already?

And then there is a part 3? Was this common knowledge before today?
- Only on PS5.

- It's on PS5 and called FFVIIR intergrade.

- No. Just confirmed today.

Top Bottom