• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion (PS5, XSX, PC) & Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Announced(PS5)

Andyliini

Oh yeah, finally I can sell my PSP verdion of this. Will probably get this on Switch, as the game is great gor pick up and play type of session. If it's native and a physical release that is.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
OK, I'm confused...

I put this in the other thread. so, crisis core is coming to everything but there's no announcement of ff7 remake for xbox and ff7 next part comes out next winter fors5. I think I got it but don't understand why crisis core is on everything.

Square being square, that ff7 remake money hat must have been huge from Sony.

kiphalfton

They're going to have to give a breakdown of what game is what as it's already confusing between FFVII Remake, FFVII Remake Intergrade, etc. which game is first, second, third, so on and so forth.

Side note but I'm not sure why I'm surprised that SE is milking the FFVII more than any other remake has ever been milked before. Thats a 4:1 ratio.

Airbus Jr

Banned
200.gif

kiphalfton

Will the crisis core remake have the same shitty combat the original has?? I haven't played it in a long time, but that was the one reason I ahd to stop playing it (along with the awful level design). Does it have the same combat system as FFVII Remake? I can't imagine why it wouldn't, if it was remade (especially since it's a remake of a psp game).

gela94

Never change Square Enix, terrible naming, why would they call the 2nd part rebirth?? And only winter next year . . .thats still pretty far off. If they continue to take so much time, I'll be :messenger_ghost: before it's finished.

stickkidsam

Somehow it feels like it looks... worse.

I loved Crisis Core so this sounded great on paper. It just doesn't look right though. Plus losing Rick Gomez as Zack is a fucking tragedy (no offense to the new guy).

kiphalfton

Man I'm so glad it's coming to Switch, this was always THE Final Fantasy game made for portable play.

Wondered why it looked like a PS3 game.

Fuck Nintendo and them trying to keep up with holding back current gen consoles (PS5/XSX) with Switch's three generation old hardware.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Ok I am a bit lost with all this FFVII remake stuff.

What is "Rebirth" ? Is Intergrade part 2 ?

Is Part 2 announced ?

I haven't play any of the remake yet and plan to do it at one point but not it starts to be really confusing for me.

reksveks

Thanks !

So what's exactly is Intergrade ? I get it's related to Yuffie but don't get if it's the continuation of Part 1 (again haven't played the remake yet)
Basically a GOTY edition that includes DLC.

Timeline wise, I think it's at the same time as the base game (someone correct me if wrong cause I haven't played it)

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Basically a GOTY edition that includes DLC.

Timeline wise, I think it's at the same time as the base game (someone correct me if wrong cause I haven't played it)
Hum ok.

So Intergrade is outside Midgar ? (I think part 1 is only in Midgar no ? I only played the original once 10 years ago.) Note to self : Replay FF7 before playing the remake.

Last edited:

mejin

OK, I'm confused...

I put this in the other thread. so, crisis core is coming to everything but there's no announcement of ff7 remake for xbox and ff7 next part comes out next winter fors5. I think I got it but don't understand why crisis core is on everything.

Square being square, that ff7 remake money hat must have been huge from Sony.

It is Just a spin off, no problem coming to everyone.

But Rebirth won't be the last game coming to Playstation and not to Xbox at the same time frame.

Last edited:
I bet Crisis Core is being handled by Hexadrive.

Seems like the same game to me, so not a remake, but properly remastered.

I never liked Crisis Core all that much though. Felt quite boxed/constrained, no exploration... a diorama of a real final fantasy game.

The naming system they picked is shit...

Last edited:

EDMIX

I bet Crisis Core is being handled by Hexadrive.

Seems like the same game to me, so not a remake, but properly remastered.

I never liked Crisis Core all that much though. Felt quite boxed/constrained, no exploration... a diorama of a real final fantasy game.

The naming system they picked is shit...

oh no sir, that is a remake. I remember it back when PSP as huge and played this day 1 btw and no fucking way is this some remaster lol

by the basic definition of remake, this can only be a remake.

Last edited:
oh no sir, that is a remake. I remember it back when PSP as huge and no fucking was is this some remaster lol

by the basic definition of remake, this can only be a remake.
I'm not convinced. We'll see.

So far, I think it looks like a somewhat intricate remaster.

You can rework a game massively without it being a remake. Demon Souls is not a remake for instance.

In Demon Souls nothing is left that denounces it's origins, but I don't think that's true here. The graphic target is only as high as a PSP game can go and some things "very PSP" remain, imo. Or at least low-fidelity.

I don't if that wasn't the case and they were using Unreal Engine like FF7 Remake, KH4, FFXVI that they would support the Nintendo Switch as well.

But I might be wrong.

Mister Wolf

Hopefully this and Crisis Core don't have the DX12 issues Intergrade has on PC. As far as Remake 2 is concerned I'll wait for the complete PC version like I did Part 1. Was able to be bought for $37 off this last Epic Store Mega Sale. I jumped on that price.

Kimahri

Banned
You want to know what's really funny? You know what it's going to disagree with a lot of people here?

I actually really, really liked Dirge of Cerberus. That game is so hated but I actually think it's one of the better Final Fantasy spin-off games.
It also has one incredible soundtrack courtesy of Masashi Hamauzu, who also ended up working on the Remake soundtrack.

Vognerful

Says a person who plays xenoblade, its nothing but big anime titties bad voice acting and terrible writing. The way that game plays you can tell the developers don't give a fuck about polish and just want to rush shit out. Final Fantasy shits on it any day of the week.
Xenoblade 2 is actually a way better game. More interesting and satisfying combat with a lot of variety and build. Environment that you have traverse horizontally and vertically. Proper fan service.

But that is all I came here for. My 120 hrs in Xenoblade 2 vs. my 8 hrs in ff7R

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
Says a person who plays xenoblade, its nothing but big anime titties bad voice acting and terrible writing. The way that game plays you can tell the developers don't give a fuck about polish and just want to rush shit out. Final Fantasy shits on it any day of the week.
what are you even talking about? xenoblade is amazing, and not polished?

Dude, hardly do games get story, characters, combat, gameplay, and music, to mesh so well. And Xenoblade absolutely nails it.

Go do yourself a favor and listen to the soundtrack at least

I have played all the games day 1, and they work, can't say the same for many other AAA games.

Ryu Kaiba

Xenoblade 2 is actually a way better game. More interesting and satisfying combat with a lot of variety and build. Environment that you have traverse horizontally and vertically. Proper fan service.

what are you even talking about? xenoblade is amazing, and not polished?

Dude, hardly do games get story, characters, combat, gameplay, and music, to mesh so well. And Xenoblade absolutely nails it.

Go do yourself a favor and listen to the soundtrack at least

I have played all the games day 1, and they work, can't say the same for many other AAA games.
Xenoblades not my jam but that's fine if you enjoy it, hope you have a good time with part 3, I was mostly just attacking because that guy was.

Swift_Star

Banned

In your opinion, sure, in the general public’s, not really.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

CC is a complete remake. The combat alone is proof enough. Its probably difficult to touch the old game again.

Hum ok.

So Intergrade is outside Midgar ? (I think part 1 is only in Midgar no ? I only played the original once 10 years ago.) Note to self : Replay FF7 before playing the remake.

Intergrade is just a sidestory involving Yuffie. Its not bad because Yuffie plays incredibly well. Its the proper introduction of her character and there is kind of a big reveal in it, so its probably sort of essential.

Last edited:

Neff

I'm really hoping they've rebalanced the game to find a nice middle ground regarding the difficulty. Normal mode in the original was too easy and hard mode was too hard not to mention insanely grindy (although I still beat it).

SkylineRKR

I think a Dirge remake could turn out to be pretty good by the way. It had kind of awful controls on PS2 but that was then. Today they could easily make it like a TPS RPG or skill based DMC style game everyone enjoys.

Vincent is pretty cool after all, and the FFVII world resonates with lots of gamers as well. I would certainly want it.

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
In your opinion, sure, in the general public’s, not really.
the general public is often wrong, def enjoyed and got more out of xenoblade than ff7 myself

theres a reason why the most popular games are often what people here dont play, like cod

Last edited:

TalOrtRal

Rebirth is the sequel.

Reunion is the Crisis Core remake.
I haven't seen others online talking about this, but doesn't this naming scheme seem unusual?

Does anyone else expect that this Crisis Core remake is going to join in on the timeline/fate wonkiness and remix the story from the original CC? The fact that this is looking more like a full remake rather than a remaster adds to my suspicion that this is the case. I suspect and hope that whatever changes to the Cloud/Zach story happen in Rebirth is going to trickle over to CC Reunion, linking them into a new FF7 universe.

Does anyone else expect that this Crisis Core remake is going to join in on the timeline/fate wonkiness and remix the story from the original CC? The fact that this is looking more like a full remake rather than a remaster adds to my suspicion that this is the case. I suspect and hope that whatever changes to the Cloud/Zach story happen in Rebirth is going to trickle over to CC Reunion, linking them into a new FF7 universe.

Other than the ending I wouldn't expect much. I think the trailer just did a good job in hiding that the world didn't get that much of an graphical upgrade, only the models.

Top Bottom