• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrossFireX coming to GamePass this month

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Only thoughts are that I am interested in seeing what remedy has done with this game, they don't usually make first person shooter so it's out of their normal wheelhouse.

The complete lack of marketing and advertisement before release is concerning to say the least.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
The campaign is half "free" half paid? What the fuck am I reading? Have not seen or heard anything about this game, how is it possible that big ass games easily drop on gamepass but this unknown garbage pulls this kind of mobile shit?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
"It's now clear that the single-player will be split into two campaigns, Operation Catalyst and Operation Spectre. The former will be free on Game Pass, while Spectre is available as a paid add-on."

Good God. I really hope this does not start being a thing.
For free to play games or games in general?

I take it you havent logged into Destiny 2 lately.
Hiding campaigns behind paywall isnt even new.

Think of each campaign as a standalone expansion pack for a base game thats purely multiplayer.

Black_Stride

The campaign is half "free" half paid? What the fuck am I reading? Have not seen or heard anything about this game, how is it possible that big ass games easily drop on gamepass but this unknown garbage pulls this kind of mobile shit?
Destiny 2?

P.S Dont worry both campaigns wont even be worth the time to get through them.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Meh, watched some gameplay videos.

Campaign looks mediocre at best, multiplayer looks really bad.

Topher

Gold Member
For free to play games or games in general?

I take it you havent logged into Destiny 2 lately.
Hiding campaigns behind paywall isnt even new.

Think of each campaign as a standalone expansion pack for a base game thats purely multiplayer.

I'm talking about this scenario where half the game is on Game Pass and half the game is not. I get DLC such as with Forza and Flight Simulator, but you still get the entire base game. I've never played Destiny, but if that is a similar scenario then I don't care for it either.

I just hope this doesn't become a trend for a lot of other games.

Black_Stride

At least I know what to expect from Destiny 2 but I know nothing about CrossfireX. I guess will see.

Slightly off topic.
I actually downloaded the free to play version of Destiny 2 saying "you know what to expect" from that download is a bit of a stretch.

P.S The Campaign(s) of CrossfireX is not worth it......unless you really like throwback style shooters....and im talking worse campaign structure than earlier Call of Duty games.
Even the MP is like a mishmash of shit that Ubisoft thinks is cool.
Atleast with the Ubisoft game youll find atleast a few smucks people to play the game with until Ubisoft shut it down a few months later.

P.P.S:

I hope this isn't a trend developers are using to get GamePass money AND sell the same game.

Plantoid

This game is going to bomb anyways... I'm more interested in indies than this, but, as it's free... I will download it

I downloaded rainbow six and deleted it after 40min lol

Black_Stride

I'm talking about this scenario where half the game is on Game Pass and half the game is not. I get DLC such as with Forza and Flight Simulator, but you still get the entire base game. I've never played Destiny, but if that is a similar scenario then I don't care for it either.

I just hope this doesn't become a trend for a lot of other games.
Yes Destiny 2 was like that.
Cept it got worse IMO.

See Destiny 2 changed to free to play...some of the campaign was on Gamepass, then some of said campaign was removed....from the game.
Like you just cant play it.
Then what was on Gamepass was removed from Gamepass....so now youre left scratching your head thinking....what the fuck can I actually play....ohh wait that stuff that was on Gamepass...you can play it now for free but not really.
So while I am stupid as shit, I dont consider myself fully fucked, and I still dont know what to purchase to actually play through Destiny 2 in its entirety. Which is why Ive basically abandoned Destiny 2.
If this all sounds convoluted....its cuz it is.

As for CrossfireX
The campaigns as far as I know arent like part 1, part 2, they are just two basically separate stories.
So imagine if a game comes out with a SP DLC and Microsoft decides to put that DLC on Gamepass....now you have "half" the SP on Gamepass the other "half" being for paid for.

Stuart360

Slightly off topic.
I actually downloaded the free to play version of Destiny 2 saying "you know what to expect" from that download is a bit of a stretch.

P.S The Campaign(s) of CrossfireX is not worth it......unless you really like throwback style shooters....and im talking worse campaign structure than earlier Call of Duty games.
Atleast with the Ubisoft game youll find atleast a few smucks people to play the game with until Ubisoft shut it down a few months later.

P.P.S:

What Remedy game isnt stuck in the past?. They have been remaking Max Payne for 20 years.

Having said that, yeah this looks very average, and its never a good sign to be this close to launch and have so little info and coverage of the game.

You realize Gamepass games are also available at retail?
Duh? The point is, the people who play it on GamePass are much less likely to buy it at retail. So, if they only put half of the game on GamePass, they can attempt to sell the game to those people, while still cashing the GamePass check from Microsoft.

Topher

Gold Member
Yes Destiny 2 was like that.
Cept it got worse IMO.

See Destiny 2 changed to free to play...some of the campaign was on Gamepass, then some of said campaign was removed....from the game.
Like you just cant play it.
Then what was on Gamepass was removed from Gamepass....so now youre left scratching your head thinking....what the fuck can I actually play....ohh wait that stuff that was on Gamepass...you can play it now for free but not really.
So while I am stupid as shit, I dont consider myself fully fucked, and I still dont know what to purchase to actually play through Destiny 2 in its entirety. Which is why Ive basically abandoned Destiny 2.
If this all sounds convoluted....its cuz it is.

It sounds absolutely ridiculous. Good grief.

As for CrossfireX
The campaigns as far as I know arent like part 1, part 2, they are just two basically separate stories.
So imagine if a game comes out with a SP DLC and Microsoft decides to put that DLC on Gamepass....now you have "half" the SP on Gamepass the other "half" being for paid for.

Fair enough. From the looks of it, the part of the game that will be on Game Pass isn't going to entice many people to invest in the part that isn't. I won't be shocked to see both stories on Game Pass down the road.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
You said it was ‘mobile shIt’ and insinuated it was new to console. Let’s not move goalposts here.

You completely misread or misunderstood my post.

Slightly off topic.

P.P.S:

That looks as I expected it to look from the name of the game if that makes sense. Quite generic. Reminds me of the Terminator game which a lot of folks liked. If it was the entire game on gamepass I'd give it a try but half the game? Prolly skip.

Beechos

Is this the game thats developed by 1 person? I think it was shown at e3 like 2 years ago with some samurai/ninja hero it was the only next gen looking game during the xbox presentation.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Is this the game thats developed by 1 person? I think it was shown at e3 like 2 years ago with some samurai/ninja hero it was the only next gen looking game during the xbox presentation.
You're thinking of Bright Memory: Infinite

dorkimoe

This whole "half" is free bullshit better not be a thing. Soon its going to be "play the first level of a game". Fuck that

//DEVIL//

I am kinda mad it’s not on game pass for pc . Like , why they are not unifying the games ?

It’s bad enough there are no original Xbox games and many Xbox 360 / Xbox one games On game pass .

Unless it’s there and I missed it ?

Also : half game or demo of a game like that stupid godfall or whatever it’s called on ps+ need to get the fuck out.

Last edited:

Little Chicken

Gold Member
I am kinda mad it’s not on game pass for pc . Like , why they are not unifying the games ?

It’s bad enough there are no original Xbox 1 games and many Xbox 360 / Xbox one games. On game pass .

Unless it’s there and I missed it ?

Also : half game or demo of a game like that stupid godfall or whatever it’s called on ps+ need to get the fuck out.
I think it's because there's already a Crossfire on PC by Tencent.. or something along those lines.

Lognor

Banned
Weren't the previews of this game terrible?

But good to know that part of it at least will be on Game Pass. Previously it was thought that this would not be a Game Pass game at all. Something is better than nothing!

Slightly off topic.

P.P.S:

Ouch!

RPS37

Slightly off topic.

P.P.S:

Cements my decision to not download, even though I was since I have GP.

SpiceRacz

unimpressed morgan freeman GIF

Game looks mediocre as hell.

MOTM

Banned
What a bizarre release.

Nothing about this game makes sense for the very first time they showed at I can’t remember what Xbox event.

How did MS even end up signing a deal for this?

SEGA_2012

Are you guys getting the game ? It is going live in a few hours.
I am looking forward to play the MP and Campaign.

baphomet

Are you guys getting the game ? It is going live in a few hours.
I am looking forward to play the MP and Campaign.

is it that soon?

The multiplayer just looked like a kinda janky counterstrike to me, but I'm going to check out that and the campaign for sure.

ZehDon

"It's now clear that the single-player will be split into two campaigns, Operation Catalyst and Operation Spectre. The former will be free on Game Pass, while Spectre is available as a paid add-on."

Good God. I really hope this does not start being a thing.
Agreed 100%. I was actually looking forward to giving this a whirl because there's no risk in it thanks to Game Pass. But with this, I'll be passing. If you don't want the game on Game Pass, that's cool, don't put it on Game Pass and market it like a proper game. But don't try and put half of it on Game Pass as a demo and try and sell the second half of it as DLC. That's a bad road to go down and I won't be giving them an inch.

jaysius

Banned
I'll give it a shot when it's available, the beta from eons ago was awful, I expect nothing at all, so if I'm semi-amused even that'll be a net gain for me on this one.

TheShocker

Sounds like even the multiplayer is split into several modes. The traditional mode which will play like counter strike. And a more modern mode with sprint and ADS. Seems like a lot going on with this game and nothing really sounds solid.

Ryllix_

Played about an hour of the multiplayer. It is incredibly mediocre. Aiming feels awful. There is a bug with ADS where it will lower the gun after you shoot unless you release and press left trigger again. This game is kind of embarrassing for Microsoft to have made a big deal about.

Justin9mm

Played about an hour of the multiplayer. It is incredibly mediocre. Aiming feels awful. There is a bug with ADS where it will lower the gun after you shoot unless you release and press left trigger again. This game is kind of embarrassing for Microsoft to have made a big deal about.
I'm in Australia, I can't find it on GamePass or Xbox app. It says it releases 12am UTC globally which I think is 10am Australian time but it's now 1.20pm here.

I'm only interested for the campaign just to play through, it's free for the first part after all.

Concern

Campaign split in two parts? Lol

Beta was trash. I don't know why they still went ahead with this pos. Even worse, try to nickel and dime you on this.

Ryllix_

I'm in Australia, I can't find it on GamePass or Xbox app. It says it releases 12am UTC globally which I think is 10am Australian time but it's now 1.20pm here.

I'm only interested for the campaign just to play through, it's free for the first part after all.
I had to manually search for it in the Xbox store and stumbled on the download button eventually.

Do they even care about this game seem like they put it out there to die with zero marketing and also so near to Forbidden West and Elden Ring release RIP CrossfireX

Banned
Do they even care about this game seem like they put it out there to die with zero marketing and also so near to Forbidden West and Elden Ring release RIP CrossfireX

the original is one of the biggest online games to this day... just saying
they have millions of concurrent users each month

Last edited:
Top Bottom